Off-topic discussion.
Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Terror attack Ankara

Postby Mable » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:16 pm

After only the last big terror attack in October, and a month after another suicider killing a group of 10 tourist people, Ankara yet again has suffered another terroristic attack.
When the bus carrying military personnel, was holding at the traffic lights a car bomb has blowed up killing about 28 people(could grow up as soon they find more) and about 61 people so far have been harmed by it.
It hasn't been confirmed who did it and who is to blame for it, but's it's another suffer for Ankara after only 1 month of the recent isis attack on a group of touristic people.
The bus carrying the military personnel has been confirmed to bw the target of this.

Melih Gokcek, the mayor of Ankara, offered his condolences via Twitter. "Firstly, may all those brothers and sisters martyred rest in peace. We wish for patience for the families and offer our condolences.

"These kinds of attacks could happen to us all. The perpetrators of this attack will get their comeuppance. Don't doubt that."
Terör Ankara'da alçakça saldırdı. Lanetliyoruz bu saldırıyı..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... pital.html

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Terror attack Ankara

Postby Aero » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:35 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:It hasn't been confirmed who did it and who is to blame for it
Just gonna take a shot in the dark here and say it's ISIS or ISIS affiliated.

celph
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby celph » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:30 pm

no way dude isis is a group of peace they couldnt do something like this

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:45 pm

I don't think anybody has suggested that ISIS is a "group of peace" honestly. The religion of Islam, certainly, but I've honestly never seen anyone defend ISIS.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:02 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:I don't think anybody has suggested that ISIS is a "group of peace" honestly. The religion of Islam, certainly, but I've honestly never seen anyone defend ISIS.
I think celph was trying to be sarcastic.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:40 pm

^
I know he was, but it seems misplaced. That's what I was saying.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:48 am

celph wrote:no way dude isis is a group of peace they couldnt do something like this
Sorry, but when it comes to stuff like this where people died it's kinda an idiotic move to make a joke. Imagine ur parents would die in such a thing. Would you find it cool and funny if someone could be joking about it?

I don't think so, so never do that again.

celph
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby celph » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:33 pm

i didnt think of it that way. ill never make an offensive joke again.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:27 am

AeroMatter wrote:
Tinkerbell wrote:It hasn't been confirmed who did it and who is to blame for it
Just gonna take a shot in the dark here and say it's ISIS or ISIS affiliated.
Surprisingly enough, ISIS had little or nothing to do with this attack.

http://www.dailysabah.com/war-on-terror ... ources-say
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:18 am

Eh, whatever. It's a giant international cluster fuck - which is also what's infuriating to me about all this - involved in this so I just went with the usual suspects.

Maybe Turkey should stop letting the Kurds get knocked by ISIS, and shooting down Russian planes. This is a giant globalist proxy war when only Russia and the FSA have any business trying to achieve interests through military combat.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:31 am

AeroMatter wrote:Eh, whatever. It's a giant international cluster fuck - which is also what's infuriating to me about all this - involved in this so I just went with the usual suspects.

Maybe Turkey should stop letting the Kurds get knocked by ISIS, and shooting down Russian planes. This is a giant globalist proxy war when only Russia and the FSA have any business trying to achieve interests through military combat.
Politics before Terrorism, said nobody...
Seriously, though, we are more concerned with dealing with foreign issues and how to get along with governments when we all have this common cancer known as ISIS to fight...I get that it is important to uphold foreign relations and all, but why are we focusing on things like making deals with other countries and shit rather than all joining together against ISIS? It doesn't seem to me that ISIS has any allies in the world whatsoever, yet ISIS has survived most likely because countries are less concerned with a terrorist organization trying to take over the world than they are with making trade deals for their economies. At least, that is what it seems to be from my point of view.
My condolences to all those out there, however, who suffered during the attack.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:56 pm

You assume ISIS is a "common" cancer when it plays right into the hands of other countries that want to topple Assad (i.e. Turkey, The U.S., Saudi Arabia). You can't build a meaningful coalition for stability in Syria like this because everyone is coming to the table with their own special interests, and if somehow a coalition is made whatever they replace Assad with will be a puppet and not representative of what's left of the Syrian people which makes future civil wars inevitable. All that needs to be done to defeat ISIS is cut off their revenue from oil, and maintain Syria's borders while Russian and Syrian forces do the heavy lifting in direct combat with ISIS. Of course if that happens a bloated U.S. military budget can't be justified and there won't be a constant threat of terror for an ever increasing surveillance state so that can't happen.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:21 pm

Bumping bc of this
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/m ... ey-reports

It's only 1 month ago and another attack happened in ankara.

Duster
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Duster » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Welp, the state is slowly turning chaotic.
Kept you waiting huh?

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:34 pm

It's quite a horror to know, that we have family members down in the turkey, and have to fear everyday that they might get hurt from anything like that.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:41 pm

"'We condemn this terror attack. ... People who carried out this attack will never succeed,' Interior Minister Efkan Ala said."

*clap clap*

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:41 am

AeroMatter wrote:"'We condemn this terror attack. ... People who carried out this attack will never succeed,' Interior Minister Efkan Ala said."

*clap clap*
Thanks for the nice input pff. Sarcasm is the last thing we need in this situation. Be happy that you are still alive and ur family members.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:42 am

Don't get mad at me because Turkey's leadership is garbage. This is going to keep happening until a certain group of people is put under control in the region, so get used to it because it won't happen.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:21 am

I don't see how there is any connection. Just because you say it's garbage doesn't means thats why this stuff happens.

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:31 am

Point is, is that all that's going on is a condemnation of the attack (standard procedure, nothing out of the ordinary) yet nothing done to secure Turkey. Priorities should be set to who is coming in and out of the country, and changing Turkey's military presence in the region to something that DOESN'T assist terror networks. It's such a cop out to say "hurr durr terrorism is bad, our concern is with the victims" because it just keeps business going as usual when people are dying due to Turkey's reckless operations. I'm not the insensitive one here; I just don't like perpetual mourning instead of action.

Return to “Sandbox”