The cartoons today

Off-topic discussion.
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

The cartoons today

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:06 pm

Since long ago have existed the cartoons, there have been good and bad and have often taken us a smile and a part of our childhood was with them

Today not seen much this type of cartoons because every year there are new cartoons that take the place of the older, especially on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon

For some people the new cartoons are bad, ugly and silly but others think they are good, so, what you think about the current cartoons? (not only the CN cartoons)

If you going to criticize please, try to not insulting and not sound like a hater

IMPORTANT

If you going to say that you do not like a cartoon please, specify why you do not like it
Last edited by PopYoshi on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My project:

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Re: The cartoons today

Postby mechamind » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:15 pm

I'm not going to compare specific shows as I'm not so familiar with the current, but I have a few thoughts.

I wonder how many of the cartoons I've watched back then are kid friendly now, but might have been targeted at an older youth audience before the 1980's. What I can say is that shows in both past and present often stuck to simplicity in the animation. The difference now is that computers can reduce the workload even more and prevent smudging.

I am very curious about 3D modelled animation standards today. I did grow up with a few of these types of shows back in 1997, and I figure they must have been difficult to make, but now they would look like they're in alpha or beta.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:51 pm

My only problem with cartoons is uncle granpa,its the most piece of shit show ever created.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

DarkWolf658
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Super Mario World: The Next Adventure

Postby DarkWolf658 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:01 am

I want Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Tom and Jerry back...

I personally think its a shame what we call cartoons now. (Looks over at Uncle Grandpa and Clarence)
Yay! I have had smbx for 2 years! :)
Follow the Blue Link Road
My Mario Kart Drivers License
Friend me on Wiimmfi
Stuff I support:
Quotes and Stuff from the Ancient IRC
* Joey ([email protected]/staff/Joey) has joined
<Joey> uh...
<Joey> okay
* Joey ([email protected]/staff/Joey) has left (bye)

<Flame> 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on meme insurance

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:24 am

Uncle Grandpa and Clarence aren't that bad. It's shows like Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners that should be frowned upon.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Uncle Grandpa and Clarence aren't that bad. It's shows like Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners that should be frowned upon.
Let's not forget Stephen Universe Spongebob (I still think Steven Universe is shit). I mean, the older episodes were really good, but now spongebob is an annoying asshole who won't stop laughing or crying. In the older episodes, he was a more relatable and likeable character, while nowadays he just annoys everyone with his constant idiocy.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:52 pm

I don't think Spongebob is that bad nowadays, but the episodes from 2004 and below were definitely a lot better quality. I guess it all went downhill after Paul Tibbitt took over because the series changed a lot.

About Steven Universe, it's not a bad show, don't get me wrong. But I don't think it's as good as the fanbase makes it out to be. No I'm not saying it sucks, but it isn't a cartoon I'd take a bunch of time out of my day to watch.

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...
Current Project: sleeping
Chat Username: Castelia

Postby Ecruteak » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:17 pm

The problem with cartoons today is that most of them look to extremely immature things for humour. For example, look at Breadwinners. Three quarters of the show is just butts.

And going along with Spongebob, I think that the older episodes are the best ones. The newer ones aren't terrible, but they're kind of disgusting. Remember the episode that had Squidward and Spongebob moving a couch?

I don't think Sanjay and Craig is too bad, either, but it's another show that relies too much on poop, farts and butts for humour.
Ambiguously active.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:36 pm

ShyGuyXP wrote:I don't think Sanjay and Craig is too bad, either, but it's another show that relies too much on poop, farts and butts for humour.
That's why it sucks. Toilet humor can be funny, but Sanjay and Craig most certainly does it wrong.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:21 pm

Bad modern cartoons: Breadwinners, Sanjay and Craig, Clarence, Uncle Grandpa

Good modern cartoons: ????????
(i might be biased because i don't watch cartoons much anymore)
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Sewpah
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Super Vanilla Adventure (SMBX2B4); SMB: The Koopalings Arrive (SMM2); Most importantly, University
Chat Username: ChadWardenBeBallin

Postby Sewpah » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:25 pm

Good modern cartoons might be Gravity Falls, Rick and Morty and Steven Universe.
Video Game Licenses:

Stuff I support:
-The Invasion 3: Shadow Star

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:56 am

To be honest, most cartoons today are just terrible. Being a kid of the 90's, I grew up with a mix of 80's and 90's toons and to be honest nothing can match them. For example, for those who do or have watched the Thomas the Tank Engine cartoons, you can see how awful they have become in comparison to the originals in the 90's. I don't watch them anymore of course, but at least back then they came with good life lessons and morals. Now they are just cruddy animated clips and seem more bent on introducing new trains rather than adding anything of real value. I remember some of my favs were Angry Beavers, The Trap Door (still is my fav) and hell, even H.R. Puff n' Stuff by Sid and Marty Croft. At least shows from back the were actually funny and decent. It's a shame those shows have never seen TV screens since the 90's ended, but they sure left an impression.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:35 am

Squishy Rex wrote:To be honest, most cartoons today are just terrible. Being a kid of the 90's, I grew up with a mix of 80's and 90's toons and to be honest nothing can match them. For example, for those who do or have watched the Thomas the Tank Engine cartoons, you can see how awful they have become in comparison to the originals in the 90's. I don't watch them anymore of course, but at least back then they came with good life lessons and morals. Now they are just cruddy animated clips and seem more bent on introducing new trains rather than adding anything of real value.
Ikr, you'd really have to watch the show religiously to know all those new trains. What happened to just Thomas, Gordon, Percy, James, Edgar, and my waifu Toby? D:

/nerdyrant
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Turtwig wrote: Good modern cartoons: ????????
The Looney Toons Show, Sonic Boom, Regular Show

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:56 am

Rick and Morty, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (well that's pretty divisive lol), and as I hear Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Adventure Time are all pretty good modern cartoons.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:37 am

SnifitGuy wrote:
Turtwig wrote: Good modern cartoons: ????????
The Looney Toons Show, Sonic Boom, Regular Show
No not Sonic Boom D:

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: None
Chat Username: Tango

Postby Tango » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:32 pm

When i was kid i just had Discovery Kids and Cartoon Network, now i only have basic channels. So i will only judge these 2.

Discovery Kids
Well, not against this channel. It has good educational cartoons, btw. But of course, the old cartoons was better than the new ones, no that the actual are bad, just don't equal to the old ones. I just don't remember all the cartoon names, but there amazing on Discovery Kids. Also, i don't born in this time, but i know that Discovery Kids already played some non-educational cartoons. I just don't know what cartoons e.e. One of my favorites as Kids was Jakers!, Save-us and Pocoyo.

Cartoon Network
Oh man... Remind that old cartoons? Pick HB Cartoons, then a bit of original works like Ed, Edd and Eddy, Dexter's Lab, Kids Next Door, and more! Man, was the CN's Gold Time. Ben 10 almost ended with this time, but come on, it's good for first chapter-to-chapter adventure cartoon on CN. Now, after the Alien Force, it just bullshit. At least the original series had a bit of humor, now Ben 10 is a novel. And then come the new cartoons, and some reboots. Like, i think Adventure Time was a way to make a new adventure chapter-to-chapter like Ben 10 did, but in the original way. But it just exploded like Ben 10 when the ships began. Regular Show is a plain cartoon, it doesn't have time, doesn't have continuity (Just a bit). So it's a good cartoon. Now, Uncle Grandpa and Clarence just don't fit in. Like Zeldamaster said, is Toilet Humor. I like Toilet Humor, but the really good ones. Like, i have brazillian webcomic called "Uma Tirinha Nadavê" (A nonsense strip), it uses a lot of Toilet Humor, but the thing is you pick a situation of everyday and shit on it. Easy as pie. Now Uncle Grandpa is trying Nonsense the Nonsensing. And Clarence... just is too much realistic. Then it's a sitcom, not a cartoon. Speaking on Sitcons, let's talk about The Looney Tunes Show. It was a good idea. The only mistake was the couples on the show. Lola Bunny was a fun addition on the show, and it was good she is back, since she was erased completely since Space Jam and her descendant debut on Loonatics Unleashed, but add Tina Duck was a bad idea, since Daffy Duck is qualify in the "Jerk" category of characters. I mean the lesson is: "Even jerks have girlfriends". Petunia Pig? Well, nothing about say.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:17 pm

I don't think today's cartoons are nearly as bad as some people that seem to think they are. Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe are the only ones that come off the top of my head. I don't have much respect for those who consider anything NOT from their time not worth watching. They may look corny, but they're at least worth a TRY.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:23 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:I don't think today's cartoons are nearly as bad as some people that seem to think they are. Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe are the only ones that come off the top of my head. I don't have much respect for those who consider anything NOT from their time not worth watching. They may look corny, but they're at least worth a TRY.
you're absolutely right, I never said that all the current cartoons are bad, there are several series that are worth to seeing

My project:

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:I don't think today's cartoons are nearly as bad as some people that seem to think they are. Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe are the only ones that come off the top of my head. I don't have much respect for those who consider anything NOT from their time not worth watching. They may look corny, but they're at least worth a TRY.
you're absolutely right, I never said that all the current cartoons are bad, there are several series that are worth to seeing
I'm mostly looking at Snifitguy when I say this. I don't mind if he hates Steven Universe, but I want him to say that in a respective manner, not "steven universe is shit."
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Return to “Sandbox”