Super Paper Mario Bros X (PROLOGUE RELEASED)

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
RPG_Magician
Pokey
Pokey

Re: Super Paper Mario Bros X (New Logo Added)

Postby RPG_Magician » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:43 am

I still haven't finished Paper Mario 64. (Last Chapter.) But I had to hard reset my Wii U due to faults in the system memory.

This concept is cool though. How would this play out? (Interested to join.)
Image Image

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Revelation X (Webcomic)
Chat Username: Ryaa

Postby Ryaa » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:37 am

MarioboyFan602 wrote:it looks like an episode to me, ;P
EDIT: i use SMBX 2.0 BETA 3 just to let u know, cos it has sweet LunaLUA, :)
Well remember you have to send me all the info in the format I provided to be fully entered in :o
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

MarioboyFan602
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Remake
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Postby MarioboyFan602 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:42 pm

Ryaa wrote:
Well remember you have to send me all the info in the format I provided to be fully entered in :o
ik, but i haven't even dared to make my OWN sprite, i usally edit textures, i am not that experienced in making my own sprites but i can try, :/
When im with my mum, im pretty helpful and cooperative, but sometimes, i can be a bit mean, :(
PS: if i do make a sprite, can i enter?
-----Current Projects-----
Spoiler: show
I Try my Best and be as Nice as Possible to Anyone :D

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:59 pm

MarioboyFan602 wrote:
Ryaa wrote:
ik, but i haven't even dared to make my OWN sprite, i usally edit textures, i am not that experienced in making my own sprites but i can try, :/
When im with my mum, im pretty helpful and cooperative, but sometimes, i can be a bit mean, :(
It can be a sprite or a basic drawing with detail of what color is where. I can't fully enter you until I have these details but there is no rush. You can enter whenever you're ready (:
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

MarioboyFan602
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Remake
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Postby MarioboyFan602 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:16 pm

Ryaa wrote:
MarioboyFan602 wrote:
Ryaa wrote:
It can be a sprite or a basic drawing with detail of what color is where. I can't fully enter you until I have these details but there is no rush. You can enter whenever you're ready (:
ok, i just made a like thing for my SMB Remake, so i am prepared. brb, gonna try and make a thing, PS: Can i make anything i like?
-----Current Projects-----
I Try my Best and be as Nice as Possible to Anyone :D

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:31 pm

MarioboyFan602 wrote:
Ryaa wrote:
MarioboyFan602 wrote:
ok, i just made a like thing for my SMB Remake, so i am prepared. brb, gonna try and make a thing, PS: Can i make anything i like?
You absolutely can. :)
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:22 am

This concept is cool, I might do it some time in the future when I get a laptop.

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

Ditchencat
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Various freelance games.
Chat Username: Ditchen

Postby Ditchencat » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:45 am

I think this is very cool!
Ill submit my character. Why the heck not?

Black = Actual answers.
Purple = Me and my comments.
Light blue = Ryaa's original post.

(Insert said sprite, drawing or artwork)

Got it.

[spoiler]Imagehttp://i.imgur.com/g0EURHml.png[/rimg]
Top-Left: Small Portrait, Top-Right: Scarf (Worn in ice areas),
Bottom-Left: Smbx Character, Bottom-Right: Large Portrait.[/spoiler]

(Your name or alias)

Ditchen T. Cat

Ability: (Please only provide 1 main overworld ability)

Return - Any overworld attack or projectile can be blocked or sent back by using my hair as a shield.

(Do not ask. You can throw things at my hair irl and they will litterally bounce off and I wont feel a thing. XD)

Attacks (Please keep it simple, your attack list can be a mixture of different tactics like healing, defense, offense, it doesn't matter.)

Understood. I tried to balance myself out in the best possible ways. Im open to opinions on this one.

[spoiler]-(Attack 1:)
Super Jump - Like the one from SMB2. Can be hurt by jump immune enemies.
+ Deals Moderate - Excellent damage when timed right.
- Needs a turn to be charged. Being hit can cancel it.

-(Attack 2:)
Shield - Same thing as the overworld ability. Any attacked aimed at the main target, hits me intead, negating all or half* the damage.
(*if the enemy is too strong or is a boss.)
+ Small precentage to return projectile attacks.
- IS FLAMMABLE. DO NOT BURN. (2x Fire damage)

-(Attack 3:)
Screen Wrap - Walk off one end of the screen and sneak in on the other, Scaring enemies from behind! Using this move has a chance to spook enemies and cause them to behave differently.
+ Can make the enemies Flee, Lose Stats, or be unpredictable
- Failure can have some enemies target the partner and deal increased damage for a few turns.
(Hey, I'd be angry too if someone sp00ked me with black magic. Get it? Black magic?)

-(Attack 4:)
Super Spin Jump - Deals the base damage of your current main character plus an extra 5% bonus damage to the enemy.
+ Ignores jump immunities (but can still take damage from them).
- Will be dizzy after the attack. 1 - 2 turns will wear that away.[/spoiler]

*(There will be a special move here depending on what type of SMBX user you are. Next to this asterisk just state whether you use 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, or a version with Lunalua mainly)

*I mainly use 2.0 nowadays.

Extra: When entering, please give me a synopsis of how you or your alias acts in different situations. For example, are you normally really cooperative, really mean or rude, comedic, etc. Just so you don't come off as a zombie during this story.

I understand that. It be weird if I said NOTHING the whole time. I mean, I dont draw a mouth on me but that doesn't mean I dont have one! ;-;

[spoiler]Attitude: Huge smart aleck, but only when needed. Otherwise quiet. (Unless you get me started on something)
Personality: Kind and polite. But after awhile will play pranks on anyone foolish to let their guard down. (OuO) Still will make small jokes and comments when theres a serious situation but will nevertheless be serious about the situation too. Also has poor eyesight at long ranges and at night and gets very worried and skittish when put in a dark area. (Oh come on. Dont look at me like that. I can't see anything! Who knows whats lurking out there...)[/spoiler]

I've filled this out to the best of my ability. Merging some parts of me and some parts of my character. I hope this project turns out well! :D
You're all cats. Aren't you..

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Ditchencat wrote:
I think this is very cool!
Ill submit my character. Why the heck not?

Black = Actual answers.
Purple = Me and my comments.
Light blue = Ryaa's original post.

(Insert said sprite, drawing or artwork)

Got it.

[spoiler]Imagehttp://i.imgur.com/g0EURHml.png[/rimg]
Top-Left: Small Portrait, Top-Right: Scarf (Worn in ice areas),
Bottom-Left: Smbx Character, Bottom-Right: Large Portrait.[/spoiler]

(Your name or alias)

Ditchen T. Cat

Ability: (Please only provide 1 main overworld ability)

Return - Any overworld attack or projectile can be blocked or sent back by using my hair as a shield.

(Do not ask. You can throw things at my hair irl and they will litterally bounce off and I wont feel a thing. XD)

Attacks (Please keep it simple, your attack list can be a mixture of different tactics like healing, defense, offense, it doesn't matter.)

Understood. I tried to balance myself out in the best possible ways. Im open to opinions on this one.

[spoiler]-(Attack 1:)
Super Jump - Like the one from SMB2. Can be hurt by jump immune enemies.
+ Deals Moderate - Excellent damage when timed right.
- Needs a turn to be charged. Being hit can cancel it.

-(Attack 2:)
Shield - Same thing as the overworld ability. Any attacked aimed at the main target, hits me intead, negating all or half* the damage.
(*if the enemy is too strong or is a boss.)
+ Small precentage to return projectile attacks.
- IS FLAMMABLE. DO NOT BURN. (2x Fire damage)

-(Attack 3:)
Screen Wrap - Walk off one end of the screen and sneak in on the other, Scaring enemies from behind! Using this move has a chance to spook enemies and cause them to behave differently.
+ Can make the enemies Flee, Lose Stats, or be unpredictable
- Failure can have some enemies target the partner and deal increased damage for a few turns.
(Hey, I'd be angry too if someone sp00ked me with black magic. Get it? Black magic?)

-(Attack 4:)
Super Spin Jump - Deals the base damage of your current main character plus an extra 5% bonus damage to the enemy.
+ Ignores jump immunities (but can still take damage from them).
- Will be dizzy after the attack. 1 - 2 turns will wear that away.[/spoiler]

*(There will be a special move here depending on what type of SMBX user you are. Next to this asterisk just state whether you use 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, or a version with Lunalua mainly)

*I mainly use 2.0 nowadays.

Extra: When entering, please give me a synopsis of how you or your alias acts in different situations. For example, are you normally really cooperative, really mean or rude, comedic, etc. Just so you don't come off as a zombie during this story.

I understand that. It be weird if I said NOTHING the whole time. I mean, I dont draw a mouth on me but that doesn't mean I dont have one! ;-;

[spoiler]Attitude: Huge smart aleck, but only when needed. Otherwise quiet. (Unless you get me started on something)
Personality: Kind and polite. But after awhile will play pranks on anyone foolish to let their guard down. (OuO) Still will make small jokes and comments when theres a serious situation but will nevertheless be serious about the situation too. Also has poor eyesight at long ranges and at night and gets very worried and skittish when put in a dark area. (Oh come on. Dont look at me like that. I can't see anything! Who knows whats lurking out there...)[/spoiler]

I've filled this out to the best of my ability. Merging some parts of me and some parts of my character. I hope this project turns out well! :D
It makes me so happy that you put this much detail into this entry. This is going to be a funny part of the story lmao. I'll add you to the list right away!
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

Ditchencat
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ditchencat » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Ryaa wrote: It makes me so happy that you put this much detail into this entry. This is going to be a funny part of the story lmao. I'll add you to the list right away!
Thank you! I can't wait to see how this will turn out!

TUWAN
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: :/
Chat Username: TUWAN

Postby TUWAN » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:45 pm

I would join, but I can't draw. You'd think someone with a stickman as a pfp could do it but...
just kidding.
[she/her]

Support:
ImageImage
My ranks:
ImageRank #1: Goomba: 1-4 posts
Image Rank #2: Shy Guy: 5-9 posts
Image Rank #3: Cheep-Cheep: 10-19 posts
Image Rank #4: Koopa Troopa 20-29 posts
ImageRank #5: Bom-omb: 30-39 posts
ImageRank #6: Spiny: 40-59 posts
ImageRank #7: Fighter Fly: 60-79 posts
ImageRank #8: Rex: 80-99 posts
ImageRank #9: Swooper: 100-124 posts
ImageRank #10: Bit: 125-149 posts
Image Rank #11:Hoopster: 150-174 posts
List of all ranks:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=961

Ditchencat
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Super Paper Mario Bros X (PROLOGUE RELEASED)

Postby Ditchencat » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Ryaa wrote: Suddenly, an elephant wearing pretty purple accessories comes charging in

and slams Deus into the wall doing an extra 7 damage.

Winda: "WHAT?!"

Deus: "Huh!?"

The elephant transforms back into bossedit to everyone's surprise.

bossedit8: "I told you that you won't get away with this!"

Deus: "So now there's 3 of you? No problem."

(This part is to show the introduced gimmick where the story allows you to have 3

people in your main party at once including Mario. In battle, the three party members can

back each other up more effeciently and even come up with different strategic combos in the

Overworld.)
I like where this is heading... This is a nice project.

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: The Second Reality Project X
Chat Username: Savordez

Postby Wind » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:16 pm

why

<bossedit8> abuse nicely

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...
Current Project: sleeping
Chat Username: Castelia

Postby Ecruteak » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Before I decide to enter this, I just want to know a few things.
- Does the character have to have my gender?
- Does the character have to relate to my SMBX profile?
- Do I have to give them traits of how I act on the forums?
- Can my character use an item from another game in any way?

Thanks in advance.
Ambiguously active.

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:37 pm

BombOS wrote:Before I decide to enter this, I just want to know a few things.
- Does the character have to have my gender?
- Does the character have to relate to my SMBX profile?
- Do I have to give them traits of how I act on the forums?
- Can my character use an item from another game in any way?

Thanks in advance.
1. Not necessarily but I may result to just referring to your entry as your username depending on the role you enter as.
2. / 3. Not so much relate but preferable the traits about your character would flow better in the story if they were based more on how you act in the forums.
4. Well I can say yes but I would prefer it slightly relate to smbx in some way but whatever you come up with is totally fine as long as it isn't overpowered

Hope to see you enter :)
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Ecruteak » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Alrighty, I think I'm ready. I'd prefer my character to be referred to by her name, but if you still want to refer to her with my username, that's OK too.

(GARBAGE ART WARNING)
Name: Hilda (though she prefers to go by H, since she's used to being a spy and concealing her identity)
Kind of Character: Partner
Creature: Shy Guy
Ability: H has a really keen eye, and can spot hidden items, platforms and other things, as well as help Mario react quickly to avoid overworld hazards.

Attacks:
- Heel Gun: The heel of one of her boots opens up, revealing a gun that deals 3HP of damage.
- Move Aside: She senses how an enemy will attack and shoves Mario aside to avoid it.
- (SUPER RANK) What's in the Bag?: Looks through her backpack and either finds a Mushroom that heals 10HP to Mario, a cannonball that she heaves at an enemy for 6HP of damage, or a bomb that explodes in her hand, dealing 5HP of damage to herself and Mario. Also, there's a 16 out of 1000 chance she can pull out the Bombos Medallion from ALttP and use it to deal 10 damage to all grounded enemies.
- (ULTRA RANK) Bullet Heel: The heel of her other boot opens up and fires a Bullet Bill at an enemy for 7HP of damage.
- (special attack based on me using SMBX 1.3)

Other Facts (most of which are based on myself):
- H talks somewhat seriously and finds it hard to take jokes and criticism, but also makes snarky comments and jokes here and there.
- H is used to being hidden and spying on people (since being a spy was her past job before she got fired for exploding at someone who criticised her), and feels vulnerable out in the open.
- She's slightly taller and thinner than your average Shy Guy.
- She has a short temper but rarely expresses her rage (with the aforementioned job incident being a rare case), instead usually concealing it for unhealthy amounts of time.
- She also doesn't really have a filter for what she says, and she also likes speaking her mind, leading to her saying lots of rude comments and stuff without her realising it.

How does it relate to myself in any way? (AKA fun facts)
- Her being a spy and not enjoying being out in the open is based on me sometimes not posting SMBX (but still lurking around from behind the shadows, like a spy) for long periods of time and reappearing randomly, as well as my tendency to include lots of secrets in my levels.
- She's a Shy Guy because I love Shy Guys, and my previous names had "ShyGuy" in them.
- The chance for her to pull the Bombos Medallion out of her bag (16/1000) is based on 16 bit consoles, especially the SNES (which is my favourite retro console). Also, the term Bombos is included in my name, and the item is seen in a SNES game (again, hence the 16/1000 chance).
Last edited by Ecruteak on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ambiguously active.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:36 pm

That was a gr8 prolouge, the only real problem I had was the format of it. I found the gap between lines really weird, and I would've preferred the text to be centered instead of being to the left. But otherwise, this is cool! Also, I can't wait 'till I see myself in the story (Along with my artwork!)

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:02 am

Snessy the duck wrote:That was a gr8 prolouge, the only real problem I had was the format of it. I found the gap between lines really weird, and I would've preferred the text to be centered instead of being to the left. But otherwise, this is cool! Also, I can't wait 'till I see myself in the story (Along with my artwork!)
I was going to fix it asap since the forum post format messed up my original text format. /: I'm really glad you enjoyed it though!
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

RSupertheGreat
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: I'm the Unfounded Artist.
Current Project: TMC, M&L Dimensional Shift
Chat Username: RSuperPKEsper

Postby RSupertheGreat » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:28 am

That's an amazing prologue. I thought rsuper(or myself) was a first partner. It took me 1-2 minutes to read and I'm lazy to read all of them. Some part has a crazy speaking imo. why paper mario jumps to speak tbh, I know he did that in paper jam. for me it's a little bit boring and hard to know what he says.

keep on the good work, 7.4/10. :P that's all for my review. and i can't wait to see myself in there, and i don't hestitate myself to be a zombie in the story lol

I rarely come here cus I preferred to be in Discord and anything outside of being in the forums.

The Untold Truth: show
Most people here don't assume my gender, feel free to use "they" and "them" as long as it doesn't refer to many people or something. But I'm of course a girl.
Imageyes i have g+ except its gonna get shut down soon rip
Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Linkopolis: show
ImageImageImageImage
hi there signature reader

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Ecruteak » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:58 am

I thought the prologue was really intriguing, and set the tone for the whole story nicely. I also like the character of Winda. Her bow reminds me of the MSN logo.

insert obligatory "cant wait to see myself in story" comment here even though my character's not on the list yet kek
Ambiguously active.

Return to “Art Board”