Super Paper Mario Bros X (PROLOGUE RELEASED)

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Revelation X (Webcomic)
Chat Username: Ryaa

Super Paper Mario Bros X (PROLOGUE RELEASED)

Postby Ryaa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:16 pm

[center]* * NOTICE: THIS IS NOT AN SMBX EPISODE OR A CONTEST SO DON'T BE AFRAID TO ENTER LATE IF YOU DECIDE TO. I WILL UPDATE THIS POST OFTEN AND CHECK THOROUGHLY WHEN NEW PEOPLE ENTER. THANKS! (Last Edited 1/14/17 10:41 PM CT)* *[/center]

* * * ENTRIES ARE STILL ACCEPTED THROUGHOUT THE STORY SO AS ALWAYS DON'T HESITATE TO ENTER * * *

EDIT 7: The Discord Server, I totally forgot. I have a discord server that's still under mild construction that anyone who has enter, is partly entered, or is interested in entering can join to check out any announcements about the series, discuss ideas about it, or just check out any story art I will post altogether. Here's the link: https://discord.gg/4nsHrKn I'll organize everyone's names as I see best fit.

Current Released Chapters:

Prologue (X):
Spoiler: show

Super Paper Mario Bros X

Disclaimer: Next to any descriptions of characters, I will list if they are characters

entered from the community members or characters that I've come up with myself. Thanks for

reading. Every character intro except for Winda's will be read in her passive aggressive

voice. (:

People appearing in this Chapter from left to right:

-Winda (Ryaa): This is Winda, she is an advanced OS who seems to have a really sassy

personality. Her primary ability involves her searching through the .txt files of an enemy

to discover as many stats as she can during battle. This also works for the overworld.

Current Attacks (Normal Rank):
->Stomp
->Search

-Mario: Does this really need an explanation? You're the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom!
-Bossedit8 (Bossedit8): That's Bossedit. He honestly seems really tough. It's too bad that
he's too busy to join us right now. He would have been an awesome asset to our team!
-Willhart (Willhart): Um... This is Willhart. I have no idea what he is exactly but I do
know that he's always hungry from going everywhere. He seems to love the idea of us bringing
him food in return for valuable information...?
-??? (Ryaa): This figure is really strange. Just WHO exactly is this guy?! I didn't even
know that completely destroying a power star for it's energy is even possible?!

*Transmission begins* In an Alternate Universe far far away from the one we are

currently residing in, there's a civilization that appears almost exact to the ours... The

prime similarity in both of the universes you may ask? Well, I will share a story of this

similarity.

There long lived a hero with the most recognizable alias. His name is Mario. Mario

is known just about everywhere for being the savior of the universe everytime you look up.

However, just like any other hero, there are always variations. Some of which can be bad

variations. The Mario that will star in this story in a variation like no other! This Mario

has become the mascot in a civilization like no other. We'll call this civilization "X-

Land", although this may not be what the civilization is truly called. We visit a realm

where Mario the one every depends on as usual. We will transfer the story to Mario's point

of view now: *Transmission ended*

The night is carrying on very peacefully as the cool breeze blows nature towards

the west. A lot of different variations of creatures roam the night. The camera view pans

slowly to the left, showing Mario pressing through the night being ambushed by a couple of

Goombas and Koopas. Mario easily takes care of these enemies and carries on his blind travel

through the night. Mario travels along tackling a few more enemies and then comes up on a

locked house. The keyhole seems as if any average key can open it. If Mario knows something,

it's that unlocking anything that's locked is the key to finding the next step in an

adventure. He looks around and ends up finding the key sitting on an odd pedestal. He grabs

the key and takes it to the house and drops it after hearing a rustling sound. Mario looks

around quickly to make sure he isn't being watched. After loosening up, Mario takes the key

and unlocks the door. A little bit further away the house, a girl that seems to look like a

computer monitor is walking aimlessly before she notices a suspicious figure following Mario

into the house.

???: "It seems like that guy doesn't know he's being followed... I should check it out."

She speeds up a bit and sees Mario walk out of the house again with a mushroom in

his hands. She stops him to ask him what happened.

???: "Excuse me sir, but I'm not sure if you know that you were just being followed?"

Mario looks surprised, not only because of what she said but the fact that she seems

to be a walking computer herself.

???: "Oh me? Yeah I'm a living PC! You can call me Winda, and don't call me anything

else. Okay?"

Mario nods slightly confused and asks her what was following him.

Winda: "It was about a foot and half tall and if I'm not too mistake it was wearing a hat-"

Suddenly, that same figure barges out of the house, looking a bit mad.

???: "Hey! It's not cool to just walk into someone's place and steal their food like that!"

Winda: "Stealing your food? How do you consider it your food if you weren't even in the

house?"

???: "Give me my food back!"

Mario seems extremely confused but before he could do anything, the figure starts

rushing at them.

Winda: "Woah woah! It's attacking!"

* * Tutorial Battle * *

Winda: "Alright, so I'm not sure why this thing is attacking us but I guess I can be sweet

and help you out *cough cough*"

Mario gives Winda a weird glare before getting ready to battle. He does a simple

jump taking 2 HP from his opponent and misses the action command automatically.

Winda: "Woah there, you must not have had a full on battle in a pretty long time by the

looks of it. I'll help you out since you need it okay? On my turn I'll look through the

files of this guy."

She begins to scan the creature and then projects a holographic image of him in

front of Mario.

Winda: "Alright, so this is Willhart. He seems to really like food, so who'd blame him for

getting ticked. His Max HP is 12 and his defense is 0. He doesn't seem so strong at the

moment. All that he'll do is a couple different pounce attacks but I'll help you out and

teach you how to guard them. Good luck!"

Mario does another jump attack, this time with the help of Winda who informs him

about action commands. This allows Mario to do a double jump and take 4 HP from Willhart

instead of just 2.

Willhart pounces at Mario taking 2 HP from Mario's original 12, which triggers Winda

to teach Mario how to guard. Mario takes another 2 HP from Willhart with a single jump.

Willhart does a final pounce that Mario successfully guards deflecting half of the

original damage.

Mario stomps Willhart with another successful double jump and they notice that Willhart is

getting really weak and falls in defeat, ending the sudden battle.

After defeating Willhart, it seems that he has calmed down intensely.

Winda: "Um, are you okay Jaguar thing?"

Mario taps Willhart to make sure he's okay.

Willhart: "....Ugh...."

Winda: "It seems like he's partially unconscious. Whoops."

Mario face palms and asks where they can take him.

Winda: "Oh, there's a town nearby, maybe there's a clinic or something there. I'll go with

you if you take him there."

Mario jumps happily and asks her to help carry him.

Winda: "Um..... I don't know if smudging my makeup is a good idea?"

Mario implies that she's not wearing makeup.

Winda: "Okay and you're not wearing a moustache? What's your point?"

As Mario reluctantly follows Winda he decides he's also lazy, folds Willhart, and

puts him in his pocket.

Winda: ".........."

Mario looks at her with a blank face.

Winda: "I'm not going to question it. Let's keep moving."

After a short while, the two end up wandering into what seems to be an average sized

town full of really unique looking people that Mario just might recognize. While walking

into town, a person with purple hair approaches them.

???: "Hey Merio! It's been a while!"

Winda: "Um."

Mario jumps and says hello to none other than his good friend bossedit8 who has

helped out in an intense number of ways in the past.

bossedit8: "Um, what's that in your pocket?"

Mario unfolds Willhart and informs bossedit that he attacked them a short while ago.

bossedit8: "He... attacked you? Strange."

Winda: "Strange? What's strange about that?"

bossedit8: "Willhart never gets angry at anything unless it's over someone messing with his

food....."

Winda: "!" She whistles violently while looking at Mario.

Mario looks at Willhart and then throws the mushroom at him looking away as if he

did nothing.

Winda: "Slick."

Willhart: "AHHHHH!"

Everyone jumps after being startled.

bossedit8: "What's wrong!?"

Willhart: "Before Mario ruined everything, he left my door open!"

Before they could comment on it Willhart speeds off towards the path they came from.

Winda: "Well, there he goes. Maybe we'll see him again."

bossedit8: "By the way, what brings you here?"

Winda: "I never got to ask that as well."

Mario tells them that he is searching for Power Stars that were scattered and he

recently lost track off because of Bowser and that he was on a mini adventure searching

everywhere for them. He also says that the power star he's looking for is somewhere around

in the area.

bossedit8: "Again? I thought he would have learned his lesson episodes ago."

Winda: "Bowser? Who is that?"

bossedit8: "An entire discussion on it's own. But Merio, we have a power star here in town

that I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to give to you."

Winda: "I guess I might as well tag along too. Why not?"

Mario jumps in delight hearing the news.

bossedit8: "Okay then let's go! Wheeee"

They all follow bossedit to the center of the town. Which they learn is the town

square. There is a statue of a man that people randomly stop to look at.

Winda: "So who's the guy that the statue is showing?"

bossedit8: "That's a person we all refer to as the great Redigit. He's the reason why most

of us are living happily here. Unfortunately after "the incident" he had to depart our

community. But we've pulled through hard times and made a statue to honor his work."

Winda: "The incident??"

bossedit8: "Yeah let's not."

Winda: "Um. Okay?"

bossedit8: "Anyways. Excuse us everyone. Merio needs us to help him out so I need to get

through!"

Everyone listens to bossedit and moves away from the statue giving a clear path for

the three to follow. He then goes to the statue and does a special dance which makes him

glow brightly and the part of the monument that Redigit is on raises and a Power Star simply

floats out and spins around.

Winda: "Woah... that was a beautiful dance..."

bossedit8: "Okay Merio, here's the star I was talking about. It's yours!"

Mario jumps happily a few times and walks over to the shining star. He jumps to grab

it but then suddenly right before he gets to it, a shadowy figure swoops from nowhere,

steals the star, and knocks Mario down intensely.

Winda: "WHAT THE- WHAT WAS THAT?!"

???: "Teehee~"

bossedit8: "Who are you!?"

???: "Does it matter? I won't be here long enough to give you that info~"

bossedit8: "Give BACK our Power Star," bossedit screams as the figure continues to chuckle

and snicker at their reactions.

???: "Haha~ It's not like you were planning to keep this beauty were you?"

bossedit8: "......"

Winda: "Mario! Mario get up!"

Mario struggles but then jumps up.

Winda: "Mario, we might have to fight this guy. I'll help you!"

* * * WINDA HAS JOINED THE PARTY * * *

???: "You? Fighting me? HA! I'd like to see you try Mister 'Mario'~"

The figure lowers himself as we hovers above the ground and prepares to battle Mario

and Winda.

bossedit8: "You won't get away with this!"

???: "Watch me try <3"

Mario has a short eye contact moment with the figure before getting his hammer and

assuming his battle stance.

???: "I'll definitely show you how to get away with something~" The shadowy figure says as a

bright vicious looking hot pink glow shines from his eyes and hands as he suddenly rushes at

Mario and Winda, starting a battle.

Tattle Log: Deus
HP: ???
Defense: ???
"Okay, so this guy's name is apparently Deus. I can't really make out much of anything about

him or even what he looks like right now. He may be a shadowy figure but that won't stop us

from making him see the beatdown he's about to get!"

Deus: "Teehee, computer girl has her facts a bit messed up. Do you even KNOW who I am?"

Winda: "Err no. But you don't know us either!"

Mario does a double jump and takes 4 HP from Deus.

Deus: "That's all you can do? Widdle baby can't even hurt a goomba with strength like that~"

Winda: "Grrr!" She get's agitate and does a double stomp attack which also takes 4 damage

from Deus.

Deus: "Hm... Okay. Decent decent. Let's show you what a real attack looks right okay?

Teehee~"

He prepares an extremely large ball of hot pink plasma and sends it at Mario and

Winda. However... when it hits them it only takes 1 HP from both of them.

Winda: ".......That's it?"

Deus: "Can you feel it?!"

Winda: "Feel... what?"

Deus: "How strong your attacks are when they hit me! HA!"

Winda: "Why.. YOU...." She begins to overheat out of pure irritation, increasing her attack

power.

Mario watches this slightly confused but continues to attack. He uses his hammer and

takes 4 HP from Deus. Winda does another stomp attack, this time doing 6 damage to Deus for

a total of 10. But suddenly, an elephant wearing pretty purple accessories comes charging in

and slams Deus into the wall doing an extra 7 damage.

Winda: "WHAT?!"

Deus: "Huh!?"

The elephant transforms back into bossedit to everyone's surprise.

bossedit8: "I told you that you won't get away with this!"

Deus: "So now there's 3 of you? No problem."

(This part is to show the introduced gimmick where the story allows you to have 3

people in your main party at once including Mario. In battle, the three party members can

back each other up more effeciently and even come up with different strategic combos in the

Overworld.)

Deus: "I'll have to take care of this quickly. Hope you're ready to say goodbye." He

prepares another plasma ball to fire at them.

Winda: "Something tells me this one is serious! It's making my system heat up even more due

to the high amounts of energy! Take cover!"

bossedit8: "Here it comes! Guard yourselves guys!"

Everyone successfully guards the attack, however, everyone's HP is reduced to 1 leaving them

all in intense peril.

Winda: "W-what?!"

bossedit8: "O-oh no..."

Mario struggles and realizes they give the mushroom someone could have used back to

Willhart earlier. He goes for broke and uses another double jump attack. Winda fights back

as well and does a stomp attack. Leaving bossedit to finish with a hair whip attack.

Altogether this does 12 damage due to Winda's attack power returning to normal after the

attack.

Deus: "Hmm... I'm still contemplating, should I finish you off the slow and extremely

painful way or the fast and simple way... I wonder-"

Suddenly a phone starts ringing playing a very ...familiar tune.

Deus: "Huh, hello?" He answers to what sounds like another male.

???: "Where. Are. You."

Deus: "I was picking up this star thing you wanted and decided I might as well play around

with this bunch who wanted to... stop me...?" He reluctantly said that last part.

The party can hear the person in the call taking a really deep breath.

???: "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN PLAY AROUND SOME OTHER TIME. GET

BACK HERE WITH MY POWER STAR NOW
." This figures voice becomes extremely demonic sounding

as his sentence progressed.

Deus: "Geez, yeah yeah I'll be there in a few." He hangs up and gives one last look to the

struggling party.

Winda: "....."

bossedit8: "....."

Deus: "Looks like you 'lucked' out this time. If he hadn't called me you'd be done. But I

gotta run. Buh-bye now~"

Just like that, the figure who still couldn't really be identified disappeared out

of thin air leaving the party with slight relief.

Winda: "Well... I know we just lost the Star and all... but at least our games aren't ended

in the very least?"

bossedit8: "I suppose..."

Mario is breathing heavily and asks bossedit where the nearest clinic is.

bossedit8: "Oh? A clinic... um, it's this way..."

Winda: "Who knew an OS like me could get this weak..."

The 3 struggle to the nearest clinic. This clinic was named "Frozen Clinic" for

unknown reasons. They limp into the clinic and are greated with a nurse. However this nurse

is a manly man.

???: "What are you here for >:("

Winda: "Woah woah calm down. We need some serious treatment on the three of us here."

???: "Okay well come right this way then! ):<"

bossedit8: "Ugh"

The three follow him and are soon taken to an emergency section of the clinic where

they are told to wait for a short moment by the angry nurse.

Winda: "Geez what's his deal."

bossedit8: "Who knows."

After taking forever, a doctor finally shows up wearing nothing that looks like a doctor

comes out of the double doors.

Winda: "Took you long enough, we could have DIED waiting out here!"

???: "?"

Winda: "Are you even listening?!"

???: "No I'm just waiting for you to realize that you have 5 seconds after I finish this

sentence to get up and come so I can treat you."

Winda: "Fine."

The three get up and follow the doctor.

Winda: "What took you so long if no one is here??"

???: "I was watching very intense movies of a princess with ice powers is there a problem

here?"

Winda: "..."

Mario and bossedit face palm and wait as they are individually treated by this

doctor.

Winda: "Ugh. At least I feel way better."

???: "Okay and?"

Winda: "Does e v e r y o n e have to irritate me today?" She says quitely to herself.

bossedit8: "By the way this is Valtteri, he may take a while but he's a (good) doctor."

Winda: "Perfect word to describe him. (:"

Valtteri: "Okay but like I said before you interrupted me from doing very important things

so you can get out now."

Winda: "But we didn't even get to-"

Valtteri: "Get OUT before I charge you for wasting my time!"

Winda: "But-"

Valtteri: "KNUUUX!"

Out of nowhere, that same angry nurse from early shows up.

Knux: "What do you want now!? ):<<<<"

Valtteri: "Get them out of my sight please."

Knux: "Come with me ):<" He says as he grabs all three of them with intense superhuman

strength and throws them out.

Winda: "What the-"

bossedit8: "Yeah this happens a lot. Might as well get used to it if you plan to come here a

lot. Ha."

Winda: "Well at least we're all feeling better. So what now?"

Mario says that they still need to get that Power Star back!

Winda: "That's right! I totally forgot! Wait, bossedit are you coming with us?"

bossedit8: "Um... I may have to decline that at the moment."

Winda: "Aw, why?"

bossedit8: "I have some loose ends I need to tie here before I go anywhere... sorry about

that. If we meet again then I'll definitely consider it though!"

Winda: "Sounds good. What do you think Mario?"

Mario jumps happily. But there's a problem. How do they find the lost power star?

Winda: "Well... In all honesty I would assume that we'll be seeing that Deus person again.

But our best bet may be to search for other power stars and prepare just in case."

bossedit8: "If you need anything from here, just stop by and let me know. But by any chance

do you know where you're going?"

Mario says that when the stars scattered, he noticed that one seemed to go to a

crazy looking city in the far west.

bossedit8: "A crazy city in the west? You must be talking LuaLand!"

Mario nods.

Winda: "LuaLand... rings a bell but I don't recall to much about it. I can guide us there

with my map feature though. Whatever I can do to help since it stops me from

walking into random people who constantly annoy me.
"

bossedit8: "...Okay then."

Mario tells Winda that they should hurry to get the stars before that Deus guy does.

With that, they say their temporary goodbyes to bossedit and head out to start a potentially

wild adventure that will take them to the eccentric city known as LuaLand. The adventures in

store for our soon to be heroes will be unfolded in the near future...

Comments: I didn't want to introduce too many features in the prologue. Only due to the fact that Chapter 1 is going to be quite the handful with the art and story. Although this story will have it's serious moments, the only thing I plan to keep strictly serious is the format in which the entrants have used so no confusion happens! Enjoy though ;p

Chapter 1 ( )
Chapter 2 ( )
Chapter 3 ( )
Chapter 4 ( )
Chapter 5 ( )
Chapter 6 ( )
Chapter 7 ( )
Chapter 8 ( )
Chapter 9 ( )
Final Chapter ( )

EDIT 6: The prologue is finally OUT! I'll leave any extra info from the past in a spoiler so that it isn't a drag getting through this forum topic. This took forever so hopefully you all enjoy.
Edit: NEW LOGO! Image

[center]Edit 2: Check out some of the artwork of entrants taking part in the story! Image[/center]

Edit 3: It seems that not many actually understand the layout of SPMBX, so to clear up any confusion, I'll show an example picture of chapter art I've done for a completely different project: Image

Edit 4: If I've completed paper art of your entry, I'll list it next to your name in the list. If your art is in the works then I'll list that as well as if it's not started yet. (:

Edit 5: Okay, so the prologue is coming soon! The actual story for the prologue is about a 1/3 complete! Still don't hesitate to enter into the story if you're considering it! You can enter it at any time!
Alright, so I know not many people know me all that well here, but I'm Ryaa. I've decided to create a series of Paper Mario Battle Stages based off of the SMBX community members.

So here's the setup: SPMBX is a very community interactive Paper Mario Story that can be interpreted as a Paper Mario game. You all that read this can be apart of SPMBX in a variety of ways. I would definitely prefer that you reply to this topic with the guidelines I'll provide right now. In order to be apart of SPMBX there is a setup that you have to follow in order for confusion to be avoided. To enter, just reply to this post using the guidelines below. Anyone is welcome to enter as long as you have some type of contribution to SMBX whether you simply use it or other stuff! :)

If you are looking to enter SPMBX, then look at the spoiler below!
You can be apart of this story in four different ways. You can be: An NPC that roams around in different parts of the story, a partner that tags along side the 5 playables (there might* be different storylines depending on the playable), a Miniboss, or a Chapter Boss. There will be many additions to this series so don't hesitate to say what you would prefer to be.

RULES: You MUST provide a fully colored (unless it's supposed to be a black and white monochrome) sprite, drawing, or artwork of yourself or what you want to be represented as. Pretty much all entries will be accepted but you must fill out a move set list that I'll provide below.

IF YOU ARE ENTERING TO BE A PARTNER

(Insert said sprite, drawing or artwork)

(Your name or alias)

Ability: (Please only provide 1 main overworld ability)

Attacks (Please keep it simple, your attack list can be a mixture of different tactics like healing, defense, offense, it doesn't matter.)

-(Attack 1: Usually the basic non-FP using attack)
-(Attack 2: An attack that relates to your overworld ability)
-(Attack 3: Super Rank Attack)
-(Attack 4: Ultra Rank Attack)

*(There will be a special move here depending on what type of SMBX user you are. Next to this asterisk just state whether you use 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, or a version with Lunalua mainly)
IF YOU ARE ENTERING TO BE AN NPC

(Your name or alias)

Dialogue: (Insert up to three different quotes you'd like to say. Please don't include anything too vulgar or violent)

-(Dialogue 1)
-(Dialogue 2)
-(Dialogue 3)
IF YOU ARE ENTERING TO BE A MINIBOSS

Quirks: (Up to three but you can have less or none at all: Do you have high defense? Can you be jumped on? If not, why? Can use be attacked directly? Do you attack on specific turns? Be creative and specific)
- (Quirk 1)
- (Quirk 2)
- (Quirk 3)

Attacks: (You can have up to 3 so that you won't become more difficult than the chapter bosses)
-(Attack 1: The basic attack that normally doesn't do much damage. However, it can have a status effect like burn, poison, etc.)
-(Attack 2: Usually a stronger attack move or a defensive move. Don't enter overpowered defensive or offensive moves please.)
-(Attack 3: The "ultimate attack" that isn't used as often as the first two. Be creative here to make yourself stand out if that's what you prefer.)

Extra: Please include if you want to have enemies on your side during the miniboss battle. Include which enemies you would want (please keep it limited to SMBX enemies) and the part they play if they do something specific. If you want the enemies recolored specifically for your battle then just add it here.)
IF YOU ARE ENTERING TO BE A CHAPTER BOSS

Quirks: (Up to three but you can have less or none at all: Can you be jumped on? If not, why? Can use be attacked directly? Do you attack on specific turns? Do you have a strong defense? Be creative and specific)
- (Quirk 1)
- (Quirk 2)
- (Quirk 3)

Attacks: (You can have up to 5)
-(Attack 1: The basic attack that normally doesn't do much damage. However, it can have a status effect like burn, poison, etc.)
-(Attack 2: Usually a stronger attack move or a defensive move. Don't enter overpowered defensive or offensive moves please.)
-(Attack 3: This could totally be a reinforcement turn if that's what you want. Just be sure to include what enemies (and their colors) that you'd want to have fight alongside you)
-(Attack 4: This could be like a charge attack or something. If you want this to be a basic healing move then you can include that here)
-(Attack 5: The "ultimate attack" that isn't used as often as the first two. Be creative here to make yourself stand out if that's what you prefer.)

Extra: Please include if you want to have enemies on your side during the boss battle. Include which enemies you would want (please keep it limited to SMBX enemies) and the part they play if they do something specific. If you want the enemies recolored specifically for your battle then just add it here.)
Extra: When entering, please give me a synopsis of how you or your alias acts in different situations. For example, are you normally really cooperative, really mean or rude, comedic, etc. Just so you don't come off as a zombie during this story.

This is NOT an SMBX episode, so the storyline won't be so complicated in the long run. I plan to have this story go on for as long as I can and maybe even split it into several stories. (SPMBX would be the first and if this gets a bunch of attention this a SPMBX 2 could totally be arranged after a set number of chapters)

Current Entries:

If you've entered, you'll be included in this list so that I have back something to refer to often. If you've entered but will include your details later then there will be a (?) by your name. This list is planned to go on and on!
Example: (Entrant Name) (Current part in the story) (Chapter they appear in)
1. The0x539 (Chapter Boss) (Null) *Art Finished
2. Bossedit8 (Partner) (Chapter 4) *Art Finished
3. Snessy The Duck (Partner) (Null) *Art Finished
4. Kota_sans (Partner) (Null) *Null
5. CraftedPBody (Minibosses) (Null) *Null
6. NotebookTheCat (Miniboss --> Partner) (Null) *Null
7. RSupertheGreat (Partner) (Chapter 1) *Art Finished
8. WerewolfGD (Partner) (Null) *Art Finished
9. Horikawa Otane (Chapter Boss) (Chapter 1 / "4") *Art finished for chapter 1
10. Willhart ("NPC") (Prologue) *Art Finished
11. Yoshi021 (Partner) (Chapter 3/4) *Art Finished
12. Bomber57 (Chapter Boss) (Null) *Null
13. Enchlore (NPC) (Chapter 5) *Art Finished
14. Wohlstand (Chapter Boss) (Null) *Null
15. ProngoKingdom (Miniboss?) (Null) *Null
16. Marioboyfan062 (Null) (Null) *Null
17. MECHDRAGON777 (Null) (Null) *Null
18. Ditchencat (Partner) (Null) *Art Started
19. TAK_Wraith (NPC) (Null) *Null
20. Mr Briney (Chapter Boss) (Null) *Null
21. Waddle Derp (Mini Boss) (Null) *Null
22. RPG_Magician (Chapter Boss) (Null) *Null
23. Enjl (Chapter Boss) (Null) *Art Finished
24. Spinda (Null) (Null) *Null
25. Valtteri (NPC) (Constant) *Art Started
26. BombOS (Partner) (Null) *Null
27. Intuition (Chapter Boss) (Null) *Null
28. Aristocrat (Chapter Boss) (Chapter 9) *Null
[/center]

If there are any questions, comments, or concerns, definitely don't hesitate to PM me here or message me through the SMBX official discord. My name on there is "Ryaa (My nickname in the SMBX discord is probably "Nyaa :3 (Ryaa)"). I'm pretty willing to work around certain situations so if you have any other concerns in regards to your placement in the story, just run it by me and we'll figure something out.

Thanks in advance if you decide to enter. :)
Last edited by Ryaa on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: Super Paper Mario Bros X

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:33 pm

You should consider using LunaLua

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:You should consider using LunaLua

I personally didn't want this to be an actual SMBX episode but more so an art series set up in this format: http://pre08.deviantart.net/2ecb/th/pre ... am659n.png

However I'm working on getting into LunaLua so expect that in the future! (:
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:You should consider using LunaLua

Quote this is not an smbx episode unquote

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:47 pm

Hey, this seems pretty interesting! I might join this, although I have some questions about entering as a partner:

1. What is a Super/Ultra rank attack?
2. Are joke attacks allowed (Like drinking a bottle of Fanta) as long as they're related to the user?
3. Who are the 5 playable characters and can you decide which one you want to be a partner to?

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:Hey, this seems pretty interesting! I might join this, although I have some questions about entering as a partner:

2. Are joke attacks allowed (Like drinking a bottle of Fanta) as long as they're related to the user?
3. Who are the 5 playable characters and can you decide which one you want to be a partner to?
1. In the first two games of the Paper Mario series, you will find certain in-game where when hit, you can choose to upgrade your partner's stats and give them a new attack. You can upgrade them up to two times.

2. I'll allow it as long as it isn't too unnecessary. If it were a bottle of fanta I would probably tweak it a tiny bit ;)

3. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Link

Join if you can! I plan to make this a really interesting series! (:
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Ryaa wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:Hey, this seems pretty interesting! I might join this, although I have some questions about entering as a partner:

1. In the first two games of the Paper Mario series, you will find certain in-game where when hit, you can choose to upgrade your partner's stats and give them a new attack. You can upgrade them up to two times.

2. I'll allow it as long as it isn't too unnecessary. If it were a bottle of fanta I would probably tweak it a tiny bit ;)

Of course I'll join this, this seems pretty interesting! I'm going enter in this as a partner!
I don't know if you have to make the sprite sheets by yourself, but I'm basically Bean the dynamite from Sonic (I don't blame ya' if you don't know him, he's a pretty obsecure character!

Name: Snessy the duck, or just Snessy.

Personality: Snessy's really friendly and cooperative. He's always excited for adventure, and will always help someone in need. Loves video games, sometimes a bit too much. Is really afraid of heights, and loves to tell a lot of (somewhat bad) jokes.

Ability: Snessy can throw large bombs that can blow away rocks and stuff like that and reveal secret paths.

Attacks

-(Attack 1: Small bomb: Snessy throws a small bomb that does average damage, but has a chance of burning the opponent.)
-(Attack 2: Big bomb: Snessy throws a large bomb that does pretty good damage to the enemy it hits, and also hits the enemies around the target, doing average damage.)
-(Attack 3: Partner refresh: Snessy magically summons a bottle of Super Partner Cola that restores all of Mario's partners health by a bit.)
-(Attack 4: Cheat away: Snessy finds his magic keyboard, types in a random cheat from SMBX and 1 of 5 things will happen:
1. Bombs rain from the sky, doing a decent amount of damage to all enemies. (Donttypethis)
2. Freezes some of the enemies. (Iceage)
3. Mario and co. will be invincible for the next round (Donthurtme)
4. Mario and co. will have increased speed for the next 3 rounds (Sonicstooslow)
5.Nothing will happen, sometimes the keyboard just doesn't really work
Feel free to adjust these attacks if they're a little too overpowered or something like that.

I'm partnering with Mario, since that's the playable character I use the most in SMBX.

*I use 2.0

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
Ryaa wrote:

Of course I'll join this, this seems pretty interesting! I'm going enter in this as a partner!
I don't know if you have to make the sprite sheets by yourself, but I'm basically Bean the dynamite from Sonic (I don't blame ya' if you don't know him, he's a pretty obsecure character!

Name: Snessy the duck, or just Snessy.

Personality: Snessy's really friendly and cooperative. He's always excited for adventure, and will always help someone in need. Loves video games, sometimes a bit too much. Is really afraid of heights, and loves to tell a lot of (somewhat bad) jokes.

Ability: Snessy can throw large bombs that can blow away rocks and stuff like that and reveal secret paths.

Attacks

-(Attack 1: Small bomb: Snessy throws a small bomb that does average damage, but has a chance of burning the opponent.)
-(Attack 2: Big bomb: Snessy throws a large bomb that does pretty good damage to the enemy it hits, and also hits the enemies around the target, doing average damage.)
-(Attack 3: Partner refresh: Snessy magically summons a bottle of Super Partner Cola that restores all of Mario's partners health by a bit.)
-(Attack 4: Cheat away: Snessy finds his magic keyboard, types in a random cheat from SMBX and 1 of 5 things will happen:
1. Bombs rain from the sky, doing a decent amount of damage to all enemies. (Donttypethis)
2. Freezes some of the enemies. (Iceage)
3. Mario and co. will be invincible for the next round (Donthurtme)
4. Mario and co. will have increased speed for the next 3 rounds (Sonicstooslow)
5.Nothing will happen, sometimes the keyboard just doesn't really work
Feel free to adjust these attacks if they're a little too overpowered or something like that.

I'm partnering with Mario, since that's the playable character I use the most in SMBX.

*I use 2.0
This is perfect! I'll add you to the list right away! edit: Btw I love Bean The Dynamite and I hate they only used him in one game ):<
Last edited by Ryaa on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

kota_sans
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Chat Username: kotasans

Postby kota_sans » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:42 pm

name:k(ing)o(f)t(he)a(ttack)!sans
other form name:c(ode)e(diting)!sans
"chara"'s name:corra

http://imgur.com/a/OkLgD
this is kota able to take ANY attack from undertale.
he can teleport and with anough energy he can universe jump and multiverse jump but after making a multiverse jump he cant do much than walking and simple movements like that.

stamina:normally:1000/1000 in episode:10/1000
phisical attack:0
magic attack:10
special:no invisibility frame except for people he loves,can dodge
hp:10 (5 jumps) with corra:11 (lol)
iq:200

ce is like kota but with wings and the ability to edit the code

becuz ce is not gonna be used YET!! i am not gonna put stats for him yet.he is just sooo OP

corra is like chara except she is a glitch and she can posses kota at any time she wants kota's abilitis with corra are the same except now they can edit the code without needing to turn into ce!

dialog 1 at first meet:augh...what happened?umm...heya..kid?uh..nevermind you are from here right? GREAT! cab you help me out here? i feel like there is a power orb here somewhere. can you get it to me please?siigh i explain things later.here take this i found it around here*an iceflower spawns in*.GOOD LUCK!!

dialog 2 before castle:oh you are here.i feel like the orb is inside here.can you get it out to me please?thanks i be up ahead

dialog 3 before boss:so here we are . . . whats happening. . . uh oh corra:HEE HEE HEE this is gonna be SO fun kota:no thats bad thats bad corra:OH MY!HA the fun begins kota:nonononononono*orb disappears and boss starts just need to jump on them 5 times and random enemies spawn in*

dialog 4:ow!that hurted well at least she is gone corra:no i am not kota:well i am just gonna grab the orb and go home.ill will give it back to you sometimes.BYEEE!!!*grabs orb and level ends*
Last edited by kota_sans on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:46 pm

kota_sans wrote:name:k(ing)o(f)t(he)a(ttack)!sans
other form name:c(ode)e(diting)!sans
"chara"'s name:corra

http://imgur.com/a/OkLgD
this is kota able to take ANY attack from undertale.
he can teleport and with anough energy he can universe jump and multiverse jump but after making a multiverse jump he cant do much than walking and simple movements like that.

ce is like kota but with wings and the ability to edit the code

corra is like chara except she is a glitch and she can posses kota at any time she wants kota's abilitis with corra are the same except now they can edit the code without needing to turn into ce!

dialog 1 at first meet:augh...what happened?umm...heya..kid?uh..nevermind you are from here right? GREAT! cab you help me out here? i feel like there is a power orb here somewhere. can you get it to me please?siigh i explain things later.here take this i found it around here*an iceflower spawns in*.GOOD LUCK!!

dialog 2 before castle:oh you are here.i feel like the orb is inside here.can you get it out to me please?thanks i be up ahead

dialog 3 before boss:so here we are . . . whats happening. . . uh oh corra:HEE HEE HEE this is gonna be SO fun kota:no thats bad thats bad corra:OH MY!HA the fun begins kota:nonononononono*orb disappears and boss starts just need to jump on them 5 times and random enemies spawn in*

dialog 4:ow!that hurted well at least she is gone corra:no i am not kota:well i am just gonna grab the orb and go home.ill will give it back to you sometimes.BYEEE!!!*grabs orb and level ends*
Edit your post to provide stats for a boss battle
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm

I would love this, as I have mastered most of the Paper Mario games! ^.^')

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:11 pm

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:I would love this, as I have mastered most of the Paper Mario games! ^.^')
Don't hesitate to enter then! I would be more than happy to include you in this as well :)
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

RSupertheGreat
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: I'm the Unfounded Artist.
Current Project: TMC, M&L Dimensional Shift
Chat Username: RSuperPKEsper

Postby RSupertheGreat » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Ah,I'll guess I'm posting my thing here. So let's start.

http://i.imgur.com/0UOZkuU.png
EDIT: Why I edit my post? Because I can't open the spoiler is this cause of big picture?

Name: RSuper(Yes,her name is just this)

Personality: RSuper is a clumsy and very shy but she's brave. She's often has practices a lot of skill like running,jumping,etc. She's addicted to Mario games,all of the actions from the following games she play she is become an athletic.

Ability: RSuper can jump really high and runs really fast over her way.

Attacks:

(-Attack 1: SpinDrill Jump. RSuper does the spin jump and then attacks as a drill,deals 2 damage)
(-Attack 2: JumpsDash Away. RSuper will jumps on the enemy 3 times. After those jumps,she'll dashes over enemies and also dashes around the enemy to make them dizzy,deals 5 damage)
(-Attack 3: Super BootCloud. RSuper has a unlimited boot with cloud on it. Luigi flies a bit upper,cannot be hit by land enemies except for sky enemies. It takes 5 chances to use this)
(-Attack 4: Jumpy Hammer Dash. RSuper does the jump attack within hit the enemies with her hammer,then she does the hammer attack by spinning towards the enemy. And then she'll dashes through the enemy with her hammer. Deals 7 damage)

Luigi will be my partner. Although I didn't use him a lot,he'll be my partner. *And I'm using 1.4.
Last edited by RSupertheGreat on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

I rarely come here cus I preferred to be in Discord and anything outside of being in the forums.

The Untold Truth: show
Most people here don't assume my gender, feel free to use "they" and "them" as long as it doesn't refer to many people or something. But I'm of course a girl.
Imageyes i have g+ except its gonna get shut down soon rip
Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Linkopolis: show
ImageImageImageImage
hi there signature reader

CraftedPbody
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Luigi's Mushroom Tour & a Quest of Eggs

Postby CraftedPbody » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:24 pm

The Crafty Trio

Quirks: (Up to three but you can have less or none at all: Do you have high defense? Can you be jumped on? If not, why? Can use be attacked directly? Do you attack on specific turns? Be creative and specific)
- (Quirk 1) Nyex (the rex) cannot be attacked with a hammer because he's flying, and cannot be jumped on because he has a horn. He's weak to fire, ice, and electricity.
- (Quirk 2) Zig (the shy guy) will use his whistle every other turn to do something
- (Quirk 3) When Zig uses his whistle to give an attack boost it gives Goombai +3 attack for one turn, instead of +1 attack for two turns.

Attacks:
Zig (the shyguy)
-(Attack 1: spits 1-4 watermelon seeds with his small flute 3 damage each hit.
-(Attack 2: Whistles an enemy in (a shy guy, a goomba, or a rex)
-(Attack 3: gives a random buff to the group (+1 attack for 2 turns, +1 defence for 2 turns, dodgy for 1 turn, +5 health)
Nyex (the rex)
-(Attack 1: Swoop attack (25% confuse, 25% poison) 5 damage
Goombai (the hyper goombouncer)
-(Attack 1: Launch for 3 damage (25% dizzy)

Extra: Goombas, Shyguys or Rexes upon Zig blowing his whistle.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

[rimg]http://38.media.tumblr.com/4b3b8c5d36a2 ... o1_400.gif[/rimg]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UYw ... JMFa0/edit

My Project:
(Currently being revised, Updates Soon!)
I support:
ImageImage

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Re: Super Paper Mario Bros X (New Logo Added)

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:20 pm

(random art, probably drawn by one of Talkhaus member)

A Stone Giant

Quirks: (Up to three but you can have less or none at all: Can you be jumped on? If not, why? Can use be attacked directly? Do you attack on specific turns? Do you have a strong defense? Be creative and specific)
- (Quirk 1) He makes a ground quake while he using his bludgeon or crying.
- (Quirk 2) While he is huge and strong, he is dumb.
- (Quirk 3) To hurt this giant is hard without improvised objects. His weak spot - his face.

Attacks:
- (Attack 1): Beating walls and ground with his bludgeon, probability 40% of direct hit. Ground quakes are reduces mobility of everyone. Direct hit 10 damage.
- (Attack 2): Kicking and stomping by legs. Damage 5 on direct hit with probability 50%, also produces ground quake, but less force.
- (Attack 3): Shooting big fireballs which are later divining into 5 small, damage 5 of big fireball and damage 1 of small.
- (Attack 4): Loud cry which causes ground quake and fall of rocks.
- (Attack 5): Together with power cry he makes a massive hit by his bludgeon to the floor and produce shockwave which damages 2, causes eath quake and fall of rocks.

Extra: possible falling stones while ground quake which are keeping on the ground. Picked up stones can be used to attack Giant.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

ProngoKingdom
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Random levels

Postby ProngoKingdom » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Totally entering in on this, I think I'll enter as a miniboss. I'll try to finish my spritesheet as soon as possible!
Avatar by the talented That-Mario-Kid

Since everyone have unrelated Pokemon in their signature, I'll put some in mine too.
ImageImageImage

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:58 pm

ProngoKingdom wrote:Totally entering in on this, I think I'll enter as a miniboss. I'll try to finish my spritesheet as soon as possible!
Sounds awesome. Totally PM me or reply to this post with your stats and stuff :p
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

MarioboyFan602
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Remake
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Postby MarioboyFan602 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Aww... this episode looks soooo cool... plus, paper mario is a cool game,
-----Current Projects-----
I Try my Best and be as Nice as Possible to Anyone :D

Ryaa
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby Ryaa » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:02 pm

MarioboyFan602 wrote:Aww... this episode looks soooo cool... plus, paper mario is a cool game,
It's an art series and not an episode lol :p
Pronounced like "Rai-ah"

MarioboyFan602
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Remake
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Postby MarioboyFan602 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:20 am

it looks like an episode to me, ;P
EDIT: i use SMBX 2.0 BETA 3 just to let u know, cos it has sweet LunaLUA, :)
-----Current Projects-----
I Try my Best and be as Nice as Possible to Anyone :D

Return to “Art Board”