Augmented Universe of Time Inversion and Secret Mysteries [The Musical]

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Aero
Administrator

Augmented Universe of Time Inversion and Secret Mysteries [The Musical]

Postby Aero » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:52 pm

Episode 1: Mario Begins

It was the middle of May. A wonderful 80°. However that day seemed a bit chilly for Mario. Shivers ran down his spine because something felt off. Something was off. The Brooklyn streets he would roam on his nightly strolls to and from the Mushroom Kingdom were empty. Not a soul for miles as a matter of fact. Usually the streets were busy with passers by bumbling about, beggars asking for hand outs, gang bangers holding up liquor stores, that one crazy guy that keeps saying "Hey, I'm walking here!" because he thinks he's in Boston. They were all gone. What was stranger was that there were traces of silver all throughout the city. Mario postured himself and began investigating. He followed the traces of silver down the many streets of Brooklyn. After some time, Mario followed a trail of silver to a strange building called Syndicated Inc.

The building looked pristine, and well kept unlike the rest of Brooklyn. There was a sudden tapping on Mario's shoulder. Spooked, Mario jumped higher than he could in the Super Mario Bros.™ series. When Mario looked to see who it was that touched him, he was met with a strange haired man in his 50s but looked like he was in his early 30s wielding an accordion.

"No need to be alarmed Mario!" said the strange man. Let me introduce myself and welcome you to Syndicated Inc. The lights turned off and the strange man began to sing:

My whole family
Loves "Three's Company"
See the reruns constantly
There on my TV

Syndicated Incorporated

Well, I know what's on the tube
I know just what too see
Got my TV Guide with me

"MASH" and "All In The Family"
"The Munsters" and "Mayberry R.F.D."
I will always be busy
Watching my TV

Oprah Winfrey talks to me
Every day at three
Then soon it'll be
"Wheel" and "Jeopardy"

Syndicated Incorporated
Syndicated Incorporated

Well, I'm in such ecstacy
When I'm watchin' TV
I'm a boob tube devotee

Think I'm losin' my sanity
I'm addicted to Regis & Kathy Lee
Forever I will always be
Glued to my TV

Love "The Partridge Family"
And "Dynasty"
And "Laverne & Shirley"
And "Hard Copy"

Syndicated Incorporated
Syndicated Incorporated

Syndicated Incorporated
("MASH" and "All In The Family") (I know just what too see)
Syndicated Incorporated
(I'm addicted to Regis & Kathy Lee) (I know what's on the tube)
Syndicated Incorporated
(Forever I will always be) (I know just what to see)
Syndicated Incorporated
(Watching my TV) (I know what's on the tube)
Syndicated Incorporated
(Think I'm losin' my sanity) (I know just what to see)
Syndicated Incorporated

The music ended, leaving Mario impressed. The strange man introduced himself as "Weird Al."

"What brings you here Mario? We don't get too many visitors here."

"Everyone's a-missing Weird Al! There's a not a soul for miles!" Mario said.

"Haha, maybe it's those time loops causing inversions again. Tell you what, I know a way to fix the problem. All I have to do is activate -" *CRASH*

A strange figured barged in from the door behind Mario and Weird Al. Mario couldn't tell who he (or she) was because the lights never came back on after Weird Al's performance of Syndicated Incorperated from his Bad Hair Day album. The figure snatched Weird Al and escape from where he (or she) came. Left alone, Mario became scared for the first time in his life. Luigi, his best brother wasn't here to help him this time, and the polka sensation that could fix everything was taken. Mario pondered this. He thought that maybe everyone in Brooklyn was... stolen!

This was the best lead Mario had. Quickly, Mario fumbled around for a light switch so he could see again. After a few minutes he eventually found the switch. As he flipped it on, he was greeted with a note titled "Please Read." It was difficult to comprehend however Mario was able to interpret it as the rantings of an overly aggressive and petulant child. Mario deciphered some names that were his best friends, and concluded that this note was an angry letter explaining why everyone was stolen. Oddly enough Mario found no mention of the problematic parts of Brooklyn that made it a bad place to live, and only saw the more upstanding citizens in the note. Mario would not stand for this. He had to save his friends!
Last edited by Aero on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aero
Administrator

Re: Augmented Universe of Time Inversion and Secret Mysteries

Postby Aero » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:32 am

Episode 2: You and me and Luigi makes three

Mario went back outside and collected the silver. It seemed reasonable to Mario that the fuel source of the machine Weird Al would power up would be silver. He collected as much as he could fit in his overalls. When Mario returned to Syndicated Inc., another figure was there waiting for him. The closer Mario got, the greener the figure got. It was Luigi! The brothers jumped for joy after being reunited. They were so happy to be together again. Luigi had also been filling his overalls with silver because of his independent investigation. The duo ran around Syndicated Inc. to find the device that would send everyone back home. They tried every door but one... the locked one. This door was a strange one. It didn't look like any of the others. It was an oak colored door, with a steel frame. Mario got his debit card out and tried to unlock the door. When he pressed his ear against the door, he heard a muffled song. The song sounded like Kansas' famous hit solo "Carry On My Wayward Son" which was released in 1976. Maybe that was the key! Mario listened for magic words in the song to say.

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

Ah

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming,
I can hear them say

Carry on my wayward son,
Don't you cry no more

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man,
Well, it surely means that I don't know

On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about, I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune,
But I hear the voices say

Carry on my wayward son
Don't you cry no more no!

Carry on,
You will always remember
Carry on,
Nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you

Carry on my wayward son
Don't you cry,
Don't you cry no more,

No more!

Mario spoke the words set to red in the lyrics above, and the door unlocked itself. They were in! What they saw shocked the brothers. It was their grand pa, Grandpa Mario. He was using his special chair to come down the stairs but there was hot lava in the way!

Before their very eyes, they saw their grandpa die! The brothers tried to help but the silver was weighing them down. They cried and cried, but there was no saving him. Mario became very angry and said he was going to KILL whoever stole everyone!

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Re: Augmented Universe of Time Inversion and Secret Mysteries [The Musical]

Postby CynicHost » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:45 am

very good but needs more grandpa Mario

rip
Last edited by CynicHost on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:13 am

Episode 3: Firaga's lament

Mario was distraught. Luigi didn't know what to do with himself. All of their friends were gone, their grandpa died in an inferno, Weird Al was kidnapped, and the whole situation seemed hopeless. Mario's face went blank and made a mess of his own home kind of like that one scene in Before The Devil Knows You're Dead, after Andy's wife leaves him but he can't feel anything so he does that whole wreck-the-house thing but without all the anger which was pretty artistic in a way. Luigi kept to himself trying to digest what had just happened. Some time passed and it was beginning to get dark outside. As night fell, the brothers put themselves together and rushed to Peach's castle in the Mushroom Kingdom. If they were going to kill this thing, they needed a plan. They can't be caught by surprise a third time and risk losing someone else they love.

"We will need to get the silver back to Grandpa's room, get past the lava, and put the silver in the device." Mario said sternly.

"How will we get past the lava if the silver weighs us down, Mario?" Luigi asked.

Mario's heart sank.

"I know a guy."

The two went back to Brooklyn and went to the sketchy part of the city where the undesirables lived. They made their way to an old house that looked like it was bombed out. Luigi reached for the door bell, but there was a giant roach hanging out on it, and Luigi was having none of it. Mario knocked on the door and it fell over, kicking up a cloud of dust and crudely drawn image macros balled up on the floor. In the corner a 400 lb. 26 year old kid was typing up a message for some Discord chat, when he notice the Mario Bros. enter his home.

"'s good niggas." Firaga said.

"Who is this?" Luigi asked.

"A jackass and a lunatic, but he's useful. He'll help us get what we need." Mario muttered.

Firaga pressed his glasses back up to his face, and sat up. He was wearing a $30 outfit from Boston Ross, and was sporting a Citizen's Watch. Firaga looked the brothers in the eye (he's crosseyed, he doesn't like people mentioning it) and asked what they wanted. He could tell something was wrong, even though he hasn't left the house since the Carter administration.

"We need you to help us activate a special machine over at Syndicated Inc." Mario declared.

Firaga raised an eyebrow. He hadn't been there since the Carter administration. He didn't know why that location would hold a machine of interest to the Mario Bros. He considered it, and eventually agreed. He asked for a quick snooze before they cruise on over there, and the Mario Bros. exchanged disgusted looks and agreed. Come midnight, they would all go back to Syndicated Inc. and get the silver to the machine. Even if it meant death!

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:38 am

Episode 4: It's just you and mii

Mario, Luigi, and Firaga arrived at the Syndicated Inc. building. The midnight moon made scary looking shadows, but even Luigi wasn't bothered by them. The three began walking when all of a sudden Firaga stopped. The two brothers sighed, and looked back to Firaga. Both of them had a look of disapproval and asked Firaga why he stopped.

Firaga said "this is the first time I've seen the moon since the Carter administration."

Confused, the brothers pressed Firaga to keep moving. Firaga resisted and said

"If this is my last night on earth, I want to enjoy it before dying!"

Firaga began tapping his foot. As he tapped his foot he started whistling a familiar tune to the Mario Bros. Firaga began to sing Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader to calm his nerves, and enjoy his time with the red and green mustache men.

We get it almost every night
When that moon is big and bright
It's a supernatural delight
Everybody's dancing in the moonlight

Everybody here is out of sight
They don't bark and they don't bite
They keep things loose they keep it tight

Dancing in the moonlight
Everybody's feeling warm and bright
It's such a fine and natural sight

We like our fun and we never fight
You can't dance and stay uptight
Everybody was dancing in the moonlight

Dancing in the moonlight

We get in almost every night
And when that moon is big and bright

Dancing in the moonlight

[Repeat and fade]

"Had enough fun there, Firaga?" Mario said impatiently.

"Yeah man, it's all good. Let's go save Brooklyn!" Firaga exclaimed.

They continued their journey back to Grandpa Mario's door. Firaga held onto the silver so the Mario Bros. could navigate the lava trap. The two brothers jumped, and leaped avoiding all the podoboos and fire bars. They made it far enough to reach a super big lever that could stop the flames and lava so that Firaga could bring the silver back up to them. Firaga was almost there when the earth started to shake underneath them.

"Mama mia" Mario said.

A weird looking drill machine came out of the ground. From out of the hatch on top of the machine, appeared a sinister fiend: SilverDeoxys! SilverDeoxys jumped down, and knocked Firaga out.

"Mwahaha, it was I that sent everyone to the Augmented Universe of Time Inversion and Secret Mysteries!" SilverDeoxys laughed.

Mario was boiling with anger at the very sight of this villainous thief. He was even madder than that time Luigi ate all his spaghetti without asking. Mario got his hammer, did a spin jump, and landed a hard BONK on SilverDeoxys' smug head.

"Pffff you'll need to try harder than that kiddo. Remember your friend Weird Al and how young he looked despite his age? I've stolen his anti-aging life force so basically I'm invincible. My logistics are a thousand times ahead of yours!" SilverDeoxys said with a sly smirk on his face.

Luigi knew exactly what to do. He rubbed the silver on SilverDeoxys' face. It looked ridiculous! All the kids at the playground and the SMBX Minecraft server would laugh at him, and the shame cancelled out Weird Al's magic life force. This weakened him severely, leaving him open to a smacking right across the face. Luigi took his glove off and slapped him something fierce.

SilverDeoxys laid there defeated.

"Heh, you thought I was tough? Wait until you see what they have in store for you." SilverDeoxys said defeatedly.

Luigi woke Firaga up, and brought him and Mario to the window to check a weird sound coming from across the street. The image they saw horrified them as they saw what SilverDeoxys was talking about.

Egg
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Egg » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:03 am

Looks good, nice touch introducing the minion in the latest chapter

I believe in Super Mario as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:38 am

Heh, yeah man it's some foreshadowing. Episodes 5 & 6 are coming tomorrow (later today after I sleep) and there's much more to learn about the minions, silverdeoxys, and mario. Thanks for reading!

Circle Guy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Circle Guy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:17 am

i accidentally read episode 4 first
woopsies
Spoiler: show
Spinda wrote:
luigiman64 wrote:can you fart
yes if you use lunalua

Code: Select all

function onLoop()
    player:Fart()
end
HenryRichard wrote: necks are overrated
Camacho wrote:omg you must get all the spindas
AeroMatter wrote:づ✿o✿づ more spam for the spam god.
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... hilit=fart
the thread i don't want you to see

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 52&t=12863
i don't even

Most posts in a row: 11 (by Tortus Bros)
i have 10,100 points

FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:55 am

Nice, would love it if you made a video of you singing the songs in your best Mario voice. :D
Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

BTB
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby BTB » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:56 pm

ace has actually promised to read and sing the full series when it's out

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Episode 5: You've got a friend in mii

The minion rolled across the street and approached the Syndicated Inc. building. In the distance, thousands of smaller minions followed behind. Mario, Luigi, and Firaga had to do something bold to defend the building long enough for them to activate the machine. They had to be brave to keep the yellow devils at bay.

"Mario, I've got it!" Luigi said.

"What's that fam?" Firaga said.

Mario was listening intently as he was running out of ideas. He was willing to take a risk, so he heard Luigi out.

"What if we used SilverDeoxys' drill machine to tunnel under the minions, and create a giant hole underneath them to fall into?" Luigi said.

"That's a-crazy enough to work, Luigi! I'll hop in and -" Mario began.

"Hey hey, no. That thing is going to blow up if it's put under more stress. It'd be best if we let Firaga drive it instead." Luigi whispered.

It was a mischievous scheme, but the brothers had to do what they needed to do. The two asked Firaga to hop in, and drive the drill underneath the minions before they got too close. Firaga did so, and began tunneling underneath the building and made his way out to the street. By the time Firaga made it to the middle of the street from below, there was a massive and fiery explosion caused by the drill undergoing stress. The explosion resulted in a gigantic hole where the street used to be. The minions would not be able to cross as they planned, giving the Super Mario Bros. more time to access the machine. They tampered with the machine, filled it up with their silver, and pressed various buttons, flipped switches, rang bells, and blew whistles.

"Hehe, what are you fellas trying to do there?" said a mysterious voice.

The Mario Brothers turned and were greeted by a smiling Randy Newman, as made famous by his works with Disney's Pixar animation: Toy Story. They were delighted to see their childhood hero in this grave time.

"We're a-trying to activate this machine to save Brooklyn and bring our friends back from the Augmented Universe of Time Inversion and Secret Mysteries!" Mario answered.

"Well you'll never turn it on like that! The machine is like a small child in a movie theater watching Disney's Pixar animation: Toy Story. You have to sing to get it to play along and get results, you can't just fiddle around like you are! Shouldn't you know this room contains all of the special devices activated by song? The door itself works that way, Weird Al shoul-" Randy began.

A look of sadness spread across Mario and Luigi's face.

"Oh." said Randy.

Mr. Newman became determined after realizing the gravity of the situation.

"Stand back boys, I'll get this thing up and running in no time."

The lights went out, and a spotlight shined on a piano where Randy Newman sat down and began to play his most famous song: You've got a friend in me.

You've got a friend in me
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me
Yeah, you've got a friend in me

If you've got troubles, I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together and can see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me

Some other folks might be
A little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too
Maybe
But none of them will ever love you
The way I do, it's me and you

Boy, and as the years go by
Our friendship will never die
You're gonna see it's our destiny

Just like that the machine booted up. The Mario Bros. celeberated and were excited to see their friends soon!

*BANG*

"OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO" laughed a sinister scoundral.

It was Marina! The Mario Bros. had ran into her before, but her involvement in this plot eluded them. Why would she be working with the likes of SilverDeoxys?

"You will never see your little friends again, Mario! They're never-" Marina started to say.

Randy Newman began to point out the various plot holes in the Steven Universe plot, and critiqued the social justice undertones littered throughout the series.

"NOOOOOOOO!" Marina yelled as he fell apart from the crushing weight of reality.

Marina exploded into a thousand pieces, and those pieces vanished.

"H-how did you know that would work, Randy?" The brothers asked.

"That's a story for a different time, friends. Let's get this machine up and running!" Randy exclaimed impatiently.

The machine was at full charge and started to full boot up and generate a time field.

"Wahoo!" The Mario Bros. said in joy.

"Don't celebrate just yet, we have to use our singing energy for the time field to interact with our world." Randy stated.

Randy Newman cleared his throat and began to sing It's A Jungle Out There, a very powerful song that would be appropriate to bring back an entire city's worth of people.

It's a jungle out there
Disorder and confusion everywhere
No one seems to ca-

Randy was interrupted by a thud, and his amp was broken by being crushed by a large figure. The spotlight moved to the amp to reveal the perp trying to stop the Mario Bros. and they saw Valtteri doing his victory dance!

Aero
Administrator

Postby Aero » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Episode 6: Reunion

Valtteri lumbered toward Mario, Luigi, and Randy. His eyes said determination, but his sweat said extra fries. Valtteri was the quiet type. You have to look out for them. Nobody suspects the quiet ones until it's too late. He lunged for our hero's, but due to their quick wits they managed to evade Valtteri's blow. The Mario Bros. landed a counter attack leaving Valtteri dazed and confused temporarily. Meanwhile, Randy was searching for his backup amp while the Mario Bros. and the large one battled. Unfortunately, Grandpa Mario didn't have a spare and Randy would have to go back to his room and use his instead. It was a risky move to leave the Mario Bros. alone with Valtteri, but he did what he needed to do. Taking advantage of Valtteri's disorientation, Randy rushed for the door to run down the hall toward his room.

Time was of the essence. Randy couldn't waste any time. He grabbed his amp, and rushed back to Grandpa Mario's room where the machine was on standby waiting for a magic song to be sung. Valtteri had composed himself in the mean time and was right back to attacking the Mario Bros. Luckily, their fight was a distraction that let Randy hook up his amp without worrying about Valtteri. It was set up, but Randy had an idea to help the Mario Bros. defeat Valtteri. He beckoned the Mario Bros. up to a platform within reach of the lava switch. While Valtteri was still on the ground, Randy pulled the switch releasing lava and fire back into Grandpa Mario's room. The same inferno that claimed Grandpa Mario's life consumed Valtteri just as Valtteri consumed all those cheeseburgers.

Promptly after the last of Valtteri was burnt up, Randy began his song again. He sang again:

It's a jungle out there
Disorder and confusion everywhere
No one seems to care
Well I do
Hey, who's in charge here?
It's a jungle out there
Poison in the very air we breathe
Do you know what's in the water that you drink?
Well I do, and it's amazing
People think I'm crazy, 'cause I worry all the time
If you paid attention, you'd be worried too
You better pay attention
Or this world we love so much might just kill you
I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
'Cause there's a jungle out there.
It's a jungle out there.

The waves of the piano sensation's voice rippled throughout Brooklyn thanks to the machine. The Mario Bros. looked out the window to see if it was working. Gleefully they saw the people of Brooklyn reappearing back in their proper universe! The people that SilverDeoxys had stolen from their home city were repopulated, but there were still two people missing. Grandpa Mario and Weird Al were still gone.

*SNAP*

Grandpa Mario did come back! And by his side was Weird Al! The Mario Bros. jumped for joy, assured that the day was saved. They had to get blood on their gloves to do it, but the Mario Bros. were reunited and that's what counts to Mario. They sang a famous Ray Charles hit: Hit The Road Jack as they left Syndicated Inc. and went home.

FIN
Last edited by Aero on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:05 pm

I wish I can do this. Maybe for volume 2 of my comic series.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby The Thwomp King » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:00 pm

I still can't get over Grandpa Mario. I can't wait to see this air.

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:10 pm

BTB wrote:ace has actually promised to read and sing the full series when it's out
Oh. Swee! :D
Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

Return to “Art Board”