My Gallery (Warning: Large Images Ahead)

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Re: My Gallery (Warning: Large Images Ahead)

Postby Muyoko » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:53 am

Thanks! It took me 15 years to get it to where it looks now.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:14 pm

What's this? I actually scanned my traditional coloring work and posted it online?!
Spoiler: show
And I also digitally edited it too?!
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

1) I figured I actually should have a colored Mario fan art in here seeing this forum is about (making levels for) Mario. So here are the girls Vivian, Starlow, and Goombella having a strange heat wave at the beach when suddenly... Luigi's with Prince Peasley?! Add a Broque and a Lakitu paparazzi and that's how I made the longest project I made today.

2) This is an Art Trade I made with someone I've been friends with for a very long time. They're a huge fan of Peridot from Steven Universe and since I was having a beach craze lately, I figured I post here.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Muyoko wrote:Image

Got this done before the night ends. (It's also on Tumblr).
TNTtimelord wrote: I have an offer you can not refuse, Ms. Muyoko...
I put this on mobile, but I was requested a scene 'redraw' if you will. As you can tell, I wired the pose from the Godfather. This particular image I made a background using different tools. I desaturated the image after using the references of Giovanni and Petrel I used since I somehow made Giovanni look like he's wearing makeup when I didn't. (Petrel and Giovanni shared the same color skin palette.) I have another request from TNTtimelord, and I will work on it after I go gambling with my family... And finish a couple errands.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:17 pm

I already told you this, but I absolutely love it! This'll go well with what I'm planning.
The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Thanks!

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:26 am

1) The second request made by TNTtimelord. Here, it's Cyrus who is supposed to dress like Loki from the Avengers.

2) Jasper on a train.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:39 pm

Extra Nintendo flavoring on the Jasper picture.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Seems these forums and Tumblr are both cooperating so here are some more sketches.

Also, I don't try to post fan art from other works on here but since this is Nintendo, I'd figure I'd post some of my Fire Emblem fan art I made recently...

ProngoKingdom
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby ProngoKingdom » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:35 pm

This artwork is absolutely outstanding. It feels very fresh, like if you took an existing art style and tweaked it around to make something new, which I like in my art. Very cute stuff. Keep up the nice work!

that shirtless prince peasley tho
Avatar by the talented That-Mario-Kid

Since everyone have unrelated Pokemon in their signature, I'll put some in mine too.
ImageImageImage

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Oh my... I really like your images and your talent of drawings. I wish I could do something like that. To be fair, I was drawing a lot when I was younger but only rare of them matches like what you're doing right here. I really should draw something and get the best results out of it, ehehee...

Let's hope we'll see more of your amazing artwork here.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:39 pm

bossedit8 wrote:Oh my... I really like your images and your talent of drawings. I wish I could do something like that. To be fair, I was drawing a lot when I was younger but only rare of them matches like what you're doing right here. I really should draw something and get the best results out of it, ehehee...

Let's hope we'll see more of your amazing artwork here.
Thanks. Also, I heard you liked Touhou from someone. Expect something Touhou oriented soon on here.

Also, best of luck to you! Practice makes perfect my friend!
ProngoKingdom wrote:This artwork is absolutely outstanding. It feels very fresh, like if you took an existing art style and tweaked it around to make something new, which I like in my art. Very cute stuff. Keep up the nice work!

that shirtless prince peasley tho
Thanks! I am glad that it isn't too 'moe' or cutesy in people's eyes. My recent inspirations are the art in Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates (drawn by Yusuke Kozaki), and No, Thank You!!! (Hamashima Shigeo a.k.a. Sanpei Shima). However, my initial inspirations would have to be from Tom Warburton of Codename: Kids Next Door, Shotaro Ishinomori of Cyborg 009, and the artwork of Tenchi Muyo!. I guess the art style that might make you think that in these though would probably be the artwork in the first two YuGiOh! shows, YuGiOh! and YuGiOh! GX (as well as bits of YuGiOh! 5Ds). I drew a LOT of YuGiOh! GX fan art when I was growing up so that's my biggest guess. The lips though? More than likely from Steven Universe and Shojo manga.

I'm glad people approve of the shirtless Peasley.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:31 pm

These are the portraits I made so far (concept-wise)

Storm-Artists closed down and before it did, my boyfriend and I did a series where the primary crossover was Mario and Touhou Project. I am trying to rebuild it but want to give it a new plot. So I want to introduce the initial cast (not includning May and Freya who are only shown for comparison) to see what ideas pop up. Any ideas, you guys?

Also, to help you out:
blue-green: Good Guys
red-violet: Bad Guys
blue: Guest Characters (won't be used without the permission of the people who made these guys / are using them for another story).

If anyone is interested in editing these, give me a quick PM. I actually don't mind critique.

I may also draw some concepts for monsters/character art as well and post them here to see if a superior sprite artist can make these come alive somehow.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:49 pm

First volume of concept art as promised!
For anyone curious about the monsters made in the concept art, I was trying to draw the following monsters:
Legend of Legaia (No Particular Order):
ImageImageImage
Source of Images: https://www.legendoflegaia.net/legend_o ... /seru.html
I am adding a source for these images here because they'll have facts about these monsters as well as a closer look at them.

Etrian Odyssey Series:

Super Mario Brothers Franchise:

Other:

The centermost monster, the six legged, one-eyed cat-goat-anenome monster thing was the only original-ish monster I created. However, this in turn was inspired by the Juggernaut of Legend of Legaia, which is a monster inspired by 'The Thing' move as well as a possible bear-porcupine-rhinoceros thing...
In my next set, I will probably attempt drawing something in the lines of overworld sprite concepts and any new characters I want to add in the crossover. I may make new drawings of Seru (Theeder and Slippery) I totally messed up and maybe new monsters for it.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:39 pm

More images!
I had ideas to post the inspirations and characters I wanted to draw on here but there's already a lot of images on here as it is.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Aww, so many lovely images! <3

Say, how long does it take for you to draw them because it must've taken days for you to draw all these. For me it would of probably taking even longer than that.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:26 pm

bossedit8 wrote:Aww, so many lovely images! <3

Say, how long does it take for you to draw them because it must've taken days for you to draw all these. For me it would of probably taking even longer than that.
Each image (depending on the simplicity of it all) takes a couple minutes at least. (Though to be honest, I am told I was a pretty fast artist.) Coloring is what takes hours upon hours of my day. So sketches are the fastest thing I upload.

I remember it took me days setting up the giant showcase though for the concepts of my icons for a possible RPG maker fan game that eventually became my current fan fiction instead. You can read it here: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 52&t=15908 It doesn't help that I get distracted a lot during my work. Writing serious fan fiction (and not smut) tends to take much longer since I try to brainstorm important events (who lives, who dies, who gets possessed by a Seru, who gets written in as a protagonist, who is maimed) and sometimes it just gets thrown out the way. Original fiction is even worse.

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Do you ever just regret how you phrase some words?

Muyoko
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Muyoko » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:43 am

Based on my favorite backroll and bubbly butt Mario made by super mario galaxy!

Return to “Art Board”