OPINIONS ON THE NEW STAFF

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: OPINIONS ON THE NEW STAFF

Postby Aero » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:24 pm

SuperWhiteYoshi64 wrote:No, the mods and Joey discussed who should be the new mods after everyone who wanted to submit to be a mod. And they decided on those 3. WHY DO YOU GUYS HAVE A PROBLEM?
This.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:26 pm

People seem to be really angry because it said "unofficial" on the application. It wasn't actually to pick mods, it was to confirm who was interested in mod based on who the staff chose.

Mivixion
Grinder
Grinder
Chat Username: m1v1x10n

Postby Mivixion » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:27 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
GhostHawk wrote:Seriously every time Palisade comments he gets a chain of responses, and it's just troll bait at this point. Just ignore his posts.

Also, let's not go too far into why people were made mods because it will start fighting. The staff had a discussion about it already in the staff forum, so the 3 new mods are final. Idk what Joey/Val are going to do about the admin thing because they need to discuss that too.
So it was Joey's plan from the beginning to promote Squishy, Zelda, and Mivixion? What in the world was Joey smoking when he asked fallingsnow to make an "unofficial" official staff application, only to override whoever applied? Please explain the logic...
They had a discussion about it before the applications, but the applications were discussed, and in-depth too.

I was also rather surprised I received the position. I'm fairly new here and honestly haven't contributed much. That I can agree with. However, as GhostHawk said, the new moderators are final as far as I know.
To bring up another point, just a few days ago, users were complaining about Joey only promoting veteran users. Now, from what we know about ZM, Squishy and I, what can we determine?
Neither ZM or myself have been around here for very long, and so the point being made two days ago is invalid as we have just promoted not one, but two non-veteran users.

I've also noticed that many users have been complaining about either not getting the spot themselves or having users that are fairly new get the spot. I understand being upset at this, as you may feel like you deserved it- and I'm sure some of you did. However, I also don't see how getting upset over it is going to help you; it's something you should get over, move on with, and apply next time. You can still help around the forums, even without a bold green name and superpowers. See a bad post? Report it! Notice the wiki needs more content? Contribute! You can still be a contributing member of the community even without being a moderator. If you haven't already done this type of thing, even the smallest bit, you're not really in a place to be complaining.
SuperWhiteYoshi64 wrote:No, the mods and Joey discussed who should be the new mods after everyone who wanted to submit to be a mod. And they decided on those 3. WHY DO YOU GUYS HAVE A PROBLEM?
This is true.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:People seem to be really angry because it said "unofficial" on the application. It wasn't actually to pick mods, it was to confirm who was interested in mod based on who the staff chose.
This is also true.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:33 pm

"I didn't see this because it was somewhat concealed": Okay, I get this one. My apologies.

However...

"This happened too fast": We got applications that we were satisfied with. Other than the issue mentioned above, there's no reason to wait.
"This wasn't democratic": This forum is not a democracy.
"Can we see who applied": That's not information we're going to disclose. Those that applied are free to mention it if they want to or not.

John The White Yoshi
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby John The White Yoshi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:40 pm

I did, and although I didn't the role I'm pleased with the new mods.

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Namyrr wrote:Unofficial in that it was just looking to see who had interest in becoming staff and in that the thread wasn't created by Joey.
This is basically why I put unofficial in the topic title.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:05 pm

If being active on the IRC was an official requirement for becoming a moderator, that'd be pretty dumb. A good moderator does need to interact with the userbase, obviously, but why exactly on the IRC? That being said, you really complain too much, much more than the average user. Not even waiting for the mods to prove themselves, but criticizing them for being more active in mafia/gfx is pretty bad. And even though you said you aren't, you sound very salty about not getting the mod position. You tried pretty hard to convince us you wouldn't care.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:41 pm

my only issue here was mivixion's promotion to gmod instead of gamemaster

literally 52% of his posts are on the mafia forum and the only reason he got here is because joey got him from llf

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:58 pm

Kyo wrote:And even though you said you aren't, you sound very salty about not getting the mod position. You tried pretty hard to convince us you wouldn't care.
I said I could care less if I got the position, and I wouldn't expect myself, in any point of time, to get a position like that either.

The reason why I'm salty is because of who were promoted to moderator, at least one of them (being Mivixion) I have an immediate problem with, the other two are questionable but only just.
Nien wrote:my only issue here was mivixion's promotion to gmod instead of gamemaster

literally 52% of his posts are on the mafia forum and the only reason he got here is because joey got him from llf
Pretty much this. I only brought up the other two moderators because I didn't want it to seem like I was attacking one specific user for getting moderator powers, which is why I mentioned all three. Plus I'm not attacking them anyway, it's just that their promotions were highly questionable.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Mista Epic
Banned
Current Project: Volcano Trouble

Postby Mista Epic » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:00 am

i, for one, welcome squishy as a new mod.
<Peach> Bowsers cock is the real reason I get captured
<Peach> It's pretty nice
<Panda> i see i didnt miss a lot then

I support:
Spoiler: show

Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Getting a college degree

Postby Karl Marx » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:03 am

8bitmushroom wrote:Let me ask the question a little better here.

Why do you think these three moderators are deserving or would be good at their position? So far the only answers are "because they're pretty good guys" and I don't really think that's a legitimate, viable response.
Why does Joey need to justify his decisions on who he promotes to global moderator? Sure, it'd be the nice thing to do, but Joey does not and cannot justify every single decision me makes as founder/leader/developer/other leadership title of the site.

The reality is, this website is not a democracy. Part of any website's functionality is the nessecity of the users trusting the staff and particularly the head staff member. If you don't have that trust in Joey, well, my apologizes sir, it appears you don't belong here.

While these three candidates may not be the ones I picked, I trust Joey picked the right users for the job. He'd appreciate it too if you and other users extend him the same courtesy

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:33 am

Karl Marx wrote:

Why do you think these three moderators are deserving or would be good at their position? So far the only answers are "because they're pretty good guys" and I don't really think that's a legitimate, viable response.
Why does Joey need to justify his decisions on who he promotes to global moderator? Sure, it'd be the nice thing to do, but Joey does not and cannot justify every single decision me makes as founder/leader/developer/other leadership title of the site.

The reality is, this website is not a democracy. Part of any website's functionality is the nessecity of the users trusting the staff and particularly the head staff member. If you don't have that trust in Joey, well, my apologizes sir, it appears you don't belong here.

While these three candidates may not be the ones I picked, I trust Joey picked the right users for the job. He'd appreciate it too if you and other users extend him the same courtesy
i'm not against joey in this situation, but you literally just said the one with power should just take every descision without having to justify them.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind
Current Project: People will only care about certain facts just as long as they backup their own beliefs.
Chat Username: Hello#3856

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:46 am

I still think the way this should've been handled is this way:
1. Make the unofficial thread with the applications
2. After you've decided or whatever make a global announcement of what's happening so the people can see
3. After the dust has settled down, if there even is any, make the people you chose mod, but wait at least a day so people can see the announcement

This would've most likely settled all problems quite easily and mostly nobody would have a problem with it unless they disagreed with a chosen staff member

Karl Marx wrote:

If you want to keep a happy, healthy fanbase, you have to tell them why you're doing certain things if you know yourself it will be questionable
This may not be a democracy, but in the end it's still a website that runs off of traffic from people
People cannot trust nor respect you until you have earned their trust and respect
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.

RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:28 am

Karl Marx wrote:

I never implied he had to justify every single decision, but it would help us gain a sense of direction and a little more understanding of how Joey does things if he actually justified and told us his notions towards doing specific, especially larger, actions like hiring new staff members. It would cause less disruptions like this if we actually knew why he did something and what his reasoning was.
I don't belong here because I don't have trust in Joey? My problems are quite simple and I have actually mentioned them a long time ago but it must have passed by everyone. The reason why I don't have trust in Joey is because he chooses to keep every single action and decision top secret as if spilling it would cause a shitstorm when in fact the opposite happens. I have no real understanding other than my own perceptions as to how Joey runs things because he's so classified about doing things like this that I can't really trust him with anything.

It's also hard to trust somebody when they don't trust you themselves. I can't recall the amount of times I have been banned personally by Joey because I did something that he felt was too shady or not of good behavior, but the other moderators had no problem with. It sort of goes along the same lines of respect, although I do respect Joey, I'm not respected back, but I'm still expected to respect.
The problem with one of the users that was hired is that for one he has only posted and has participated in Mafia, although his excuse is that with his new job he will cover more of the forums, why didn't he do that in the first place? He is also, from what I have gathered, good friends with Joey, and from the past experience of hiring people that are your friends when there are a bunch of other people involved that could have been better candidates for the job (see: Kley), it's not put in good light.

It was said before but I'll just say it again, Mivixion should have been hired as a Game Master, not a Global Moderator. It would have honestly been the obvious thing to do and probably would have been the thing Joey had done given Mivixion wasn't a close friend of Joey's. The only things I highly consider at this point is to promote GhostHawk to an administrator and to demote Mivixion to a Game Master. I'm not sure why it wasn't obvious that that was the position he should have gotten in the first place.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:45 am

>People want new staff
>>New staffs are choosen
>>>People still complain and argue
>>>>I get banned now bc i posted like this

Congrats mods.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:26 am

Sinem wrote:>People want new staff
>>New staffs are choosen

Congrats mods.
1-holy shit your edge actually managed to cut me through all that smoke on my screen

2-you should probably read why people are pissed off, granted some of it doesnt make much sense, but its more about there being like negative communication when the promotion stuff happened.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:20 am

Sinem wrote:>People want new staff
>>New staffs are choosen

Congrats mods.
Perhaps try reading the thread first?
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:36 am

All of the "Joey promoted Mivixion because they're friends" discussion needs to stop. Mivixion and I are no more friends than any of the other users here. He joined LLF on his own to participate in the TWG that goes on there.

Mivixion
Grinder
Grinder
Chat Username: m1v1x10n

Postby Mivixion » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:00 am

Joey wrote:All of the "Joey promoted Mivixion because they're friends" discussion needs to stop. Mivixion and I are no more friends than any of the other users here. He joined LLF on his own to participate in the TWG that goes on there.
This is true.
And hey, I already read the stuff in SMBX sections, but I dont post there as much since I don't play SMBX that much nowadays.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:31 am

Mivixion wrote:I don't play SMBX that much nowadays.
This is basically a given for any SMBX staff team member ever.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”