I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't anymore

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: I've been trying to be quiet for months, but I can't any

Postby MistakesWereMade » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:12 am

ITT: "We need to do this big ass change in order for the community to work, yesyesyesyesyes change is always good, people who don't want change are bad, change is what this community needs, yes, change, like the thing they give you at stores when you give them more money than the price states, anyway, i'm getting far away from the point here, i guess that means i need to change that in my next sentences"

I don't think it's "these people need to change in order for the community to work, for example, you could have two sides, the hyperactive side that uses an absurd sense of humor, and the calm side which is always meaning serious business, either side would have to change how their mindset works in order to appeal to the other side, but you can't just get people to do that, it'll only piss them off even more.

we can't also just split either, that shit's demanding for inactivity/failure

i think the community is in a yin-yang state, and in my perspective, the only thing that would make this forum like the bestest place is if me/other people made a list of users that should get permanently banned because fuck them.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:16 am

I don't know who brought up the "maturity" argument again and I have no authority to tell them to drop it, but I mean... how many times do we need to discuss it? It's completely irrelevant and actually immature in and of itself to be obsessing this hard about it. I've literally never borne witness to a single adult conversation or argument where the person with the most merit had established themselves as having the most "maturity", and the only people I've ever known to get caught up in arguing about who is more mature than the other were children.
Karl Marx wrote:The main problem with the site and its users seems to be the resistance to change. Sure, changing out the staff to ensure we have effective moderation is important, but it is not the important factor here. The biggest problem is with the users, caught up upon years of slandering another, criticizing everything about the site and its user base, yet not willing to change themselves. Until each user here changes their respective behavior, we will never have a functional site. Unfortunately, there's nothing Joey can do to catalyze that change, it has to be completely voluntary from each and every user. And if anyone here has too much pride to change how they act here and how they treat other community members, well, they no longer have the privilege of posting here.

Like it was preciously stated, this forum should be a place of fun! However, all this negativity stifles that atmosphere, and the only way that'll change is if each user changed how they contribute to that negative feeling.

And if you don't think you need to change, well then, you're part of the problem
Indeed!

Anyway I don't think Joey is some magical perfect unicorn angel but despite that he hasn't devoted his whole life to this site, he's done some great things with the help of Valtteri et al. He happens to be rough around the edges, but people seem to always focus on concerns with the present staff because it's easier than reflecting on their own behaviour. Also: imagine that people have different expectations of the staff. There are cases where I've seen users demand opposite things of the staff, and it's quite clear that pleasing everyone is impossible.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:26 am

Seconding everything Karl Marx said. I can (and probably should) push along more, but what I need is change from the userbase as well.
Nien wrote:for example, you could have two sides, the hyperactive side that uses an absurd sense of humor, and the calm side which is always meaning serious business, either side would have to change how their mindset works in order to appeal to the other side, but you can't just get people to do that, it'll only piss them off even more.

i think the community is in a yin-yang state, and in my perspective, the only thing that would make this forum like the bestest place is if me/other people made a list of users that should get permanently banned because fuck them.
I'm sure you know this, but just because we have people who have absurd senses of humor doesn't mean that anybody who doesn't operate the same way is "calm and serious".

I don't think it's in a yin-yang state at all - that would mean that each "side" (sides don't really exist here anyway) would need eachother to survive, which isn't the case.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind
Current Project: People will only care about certain facts just as long as they backup their own beliefs.
Chat Username: Hello#3856

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:The rep system caused more harm than good. Every time a user was downrepped, all hell would break loose (I've seriously gotten quite a bit of hate from the downrepped user for downrepping. Two threatened to leave the site because of it). Also, the rep system was abused quite a bit, whether it was pointless upreps, pointless downreps, or revenge downreps. There was nonstop bickering and complaining over it to the point to where even I wanted it gone. Multiple users got warned and banned because of abusing the rep system. Oh and the user's rep would greatly affect how people looked at the user. And I mean this in a bad way, for people would get looked down upon for having a negative rep.

Point is, I'm glad the rep system is gone, and I don't want to see it back for quite some time.
The rep system isn't bad, the community is just too immature to handle such a thing. "Oh I got downrepped time to start a shitstorm about it." That's not how things should work and the mods/admins should enforce that better instead. But apparently instead of trying to fix the unfixable they instead just decided to remove it entirely. While I can understand their reasoning, be reminded that it's the community's own fault for the downfall of something that was supposed to be good and not bad
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.

RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

Palisade
Banned

Postby Palisade » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Reflecting your own problems on the user base is only going to anger them more.
Lying awake in bed. Feeling the spot on my chest. Where you used to rest your head.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:19 pm

WELL WE JUST GOT 3 NEW MODS

SO LET'S ALL THANK JOEY :D
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:20 pm

That was quite the quick decision though to be honest.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:26 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:That was quite the quick decision though to be honest.
It's been in consideration for at least a couple of weeks. The application topic confirmed some of the users that were being considered.

LM280
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario-Troid

Postby LM280 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Kep wrote:bicker about what's better: NSMBU or SM3DW
SM3DW. How is that even a question

Mivixion
Grinder
Grinder
Chat Username: m1v1x10n

Postby Mivixion » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:02 pm

As per the whole SMBX.org section rules and guidelines topic, this thread is no longer within guidelines, so locked.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”