Special subforum for passionate shitposters.

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Pronouns: he/him

Special subforum for passionate shitposters.

Postby Cedur » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:35 am

Okay guys, I don't have to get much into specifics since everyone knows what's going on with #backtobasics and other stuff like the "How to ..." threads. I don't want to argue here if threads like this should be appreciated and tolerated or not, I just want to negotiate a compromise between people who like shitposting here and then, and people who wouldn't like to see that happen.

It's simple. Create an extra subforum in Sandbox with access permissions managed by the admins - if you want to join that, PM an admin and they'll decide about your request, and if you have joined but figure that it isn't your cup of tea, just ask the admins to have your permissions removed. Create a subforum where forum rules don't apply (except for flaming / harassing / anything that would directly harm a user) and where you can make spam topics and jokes as much as you want, and the ones who aren't fond with that are left alone. For reasons of consistency and transparency this subforum should have postcount disabled. Regular Sandbox should be only reserved for topics with actual relevance or material for serious discussion (everything that's not qualified as a shitposting festival).
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Re: Special subforum for passionate shitposters.

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:02 am

I can see the ideas behind your suggestion, but I don't think it's going to happen. If it were, it will encourage even more shitposting outside of the dedicated "shitposting forum" considering that just about every member is going to join this forum just to see what all the shitposting is about.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:14 am

Linik wrote:it will encourage even more shitposting outside of the dedicated "shitposting forum"
That would be a matter for the staff to enforce that this doesn't happen, and I also hope that most future forum veterans have joined the site because they were redirected by SMBX and not because they've checked out before how much we shitpost. There would still be a place for memes and jokes outside the shitposting subforum, just not in a way as pointless as "How to start your PC" or as excessive as the backtobasics topic.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

super mario galaxy
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby super mario galaxy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:56 pm

spam topics are against the rules! if too many people posted silliness then everyone would be silly and the forum would fail
super mario GALAXEEEEEE

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:26 pm

super mario galaxy wrote:spam topics are against the rules! if too many people posted silliness then everyone would be silly and the forum would fail
Did you even read the main post or title of this topic?

Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Pseudo » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:21 pm

As of now marioposting is limited to literally one thread, backtobasics. If you don't want to see it, then don't look at that thread. It's not hurting anyone as is, and should not be taken seriously. Thanks for understanding.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”