Optimize for mobile devices.

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Optimize for mobile devices.

Postby Neoflash » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:15 pm

This website is nearly unusable on mobile devices. I have to keep zooming in and clicking on stuff only to find out that the buttons are so small that I clicked on the wrong thing. Can't somebody just make an app or something? It would save us the frustration.
Let's change the world.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: Optimize for mobile devices.

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:30 pm

I don't know what you're talking about, the forums work just fine on mobile for me. My smartphone isn't even that new either.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:I don't know what you're talking about, the forums work just fine on mobile for me. My smartphone isn't even that new either.
Buttons are too small, and to ead posts you either need a magnifying glass, or you have to keep scrolling along the post. It's annoying.
Let's change the world.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:59 pm

I find the forums just fine and I have a Samsung S4 Mini. If you're having issues, just zoom in. There's really no need to spend too much optimizing the forums for mobiles when it's perfectly usable the way it is now.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:00 pm

Oh, you're not zooming in? Well there's your problem lol

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:02 pm

PixelPest wrote:I find the forums just fine and I have a Samsung S4 Mini. If you're having issues, just zoom in. There's really no need to spend too much optimizing the forums for mobiles when it's perfectly usable the way it is now.
But posts are shaped in a wide format. So if I zoom in I have to keep scrolling to the side just so can read it.
Let's change the world.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:03 pm

That's really not a hassle at all.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:That's really not a hassle at all.
For me it is.
Let's change the world.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:11 pm

I used to browse the forum on mobile frequently (before the software upgrade), and while there was a lot of zooming and sometimes some scrolling, I can't say I really had a problem with it. Are you having any problems on mobile other than scrolling and zooming?

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Joey wrote:I used to browse the forum on mobile frequently (before the software upgrade), and while there was a lot of zooming and sometimes some scrolling, I can't say I really had a problem with it. Are you having any problems on mobile other than scrolling and zooming?
Yeah if theres two links put together its hard to click on the one you want. YouTube vids take a century to load, the list just goes on and on.
Let's change the world.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:15 pm

Neoflash wrote:YouTube vids take a century to load, the list just goes on and on.
This could just be a problem with your connection speed, however I have noticed that there is a significant delay when loading pages with YT embeds.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:18 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
Neoflash wrote:YouTube vids take a century to load, the list just goes on and on.
This could just be a problem with your connection speed, however I have noticed that there is a significant delay when loading pages with YT embeds.
Oh and the chat program is broken beyond belief! I can barely use if on a phone. I keep accidentally tapping other people and the text is so small that I can't even read it.
Let's change the world.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:10 am

You'll have to get IRCCloud or a comparable IRC client for your mobile device - I realize that the client on the chat page isn't the best on phones but I have no plans to improve it. What I could do is create something that, when a mobile browser is detected, displays a message like "you should get IRCCloud".
Neoflash wrote:Yeah if theres two links put together its hard to click on the one you want.
Could you elaborate on this?
AeroMatter wrote:This could just be a problem with your connection speed, however I have noticed that there is a significant delay when loading pages with YT embeds.
I notice the delay as well, mostly in threads like the Music thread where a lot of YouTube videos are being posted. I may be able to implement a way to fix this.
Neoflash wrote:the list just goes on and on.
Again, please elaborate.

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:16 pm

Joey wrote:You'll have to get IRCCloud or a comparable IRC client for your mobile device - I realize that the client on the chat page isn't the best on phones but I have no plans to improve it. What I could do is create something that, when a mobile browser is detected, displays a message like "you should get IRCCloud".

Could you elaborate on this?

I notice the delay as well, mostly in threads like the Music thread where a lot of YouTube videos are being posted. I may be able to implement a way to fix this.
Neoflash wrote:the list just goes on and on.
Again, please elaborate.
All of these problems can be fixed if you just made an app. And if I can recall correctly, aren't YOU the one who's making SMBX 2.0? If you can work on stuff like that, then there's no reason why there can't be a SMBX app.

Also It's nearly impossible trying to embed stuff in posts because the buttons are so small, There's a years worth of delay when I click on the notifications...

Most of the problem comes down to buttons being too small, and having to scroll 6000 yards across the page constantly just to read something.
Let's change the world.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:21 pm

I'm not doing any programming for SMBX 2.0. Even if I was, that wouldn't mean I would have the time/skill/desire/need to create a mobile app to make the forum browsing experience better for you.

I'm sorry I can't help you. You're the only one that's having these problems. What device are you using? What mobile service provider?

Neoflash
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Neoflash » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Joey wrote:I'm not doing any programming for SMBX 2.0. Even if I was, that wouldn't mean I would have the time/skill/desire/need to create a mobile app to make the forum browsing experience better for you.

I'm sorry I can't help you. You're the only one that's having these problems. What device are you using? What mobile service provider?
I'm using a Kyocera Hydro Vibe phone. The thing I'm trying to say is that when I visit this website on a phone, it displays things in desktop mode so as a result it's hard to navigate.
Let's change the world.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:47 pm

There is no mobile mode for this site. The only thing that happens is that there are a few things that get resized/reorganized when the screen size gets reduced to a certain point. I think your phone is the problem.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:24 pm

you cant really complain that the desktop version of a site isnt mobile optimized lmao

Like yeah there's no difference between those versions for SMBX.org but still.
im a girl yo

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:41 am

Perhaps a "Mobile Friendly" version of this website could be implemented sometime down the road? It doesn't seem like an immediate problem, but a lot more people are browsing the internet on phones these days, and maybe a more "Mobile Friendly" version would help.

Metroidologist X7
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Metroidologist X7 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:56 pm

It looks fine in my BlackBerry when I use Opera Mini. I don't see that matter.
Metroidologist X7
Image by Outadimes

~This lazily-made signature will be improved later (or maybe not)~

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”