I'm back? Maybe?

Come in and introduce yourself.
Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

I'm back? Maybe?

Postby Chad » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Hey everyone. Not sure if I'm fully "back" or not. I haven't exactly decided whether I'll be active again, or if I'm just going to make this topic and then disappear again. We'll see, I suppose. I felt like I should, at the very least, make an account here. I'm really liking how much this forum feels like the original.

For those who don't know me, hello and nice to meet you. I'm Chad, a 23-year-old socially awkward Aspie who's been in the community for a few years up until... what, last fall? I've made a lot of levels that some people liked, and some people did not like. I was also previously an admin at Knux's, NSMBX, and the now-defunct Revived.

I've still been lurking to a small extent, so I'm not completely out of the loop. I've learned a bit of the major news like SMBX 1.3.0.1, LunaDLL, the update to the ultimate GFX pack, and stuff like that. So yeah, hi hello and what's up and all that noise.
I'm not active too much on the forums anymore, but my PM inbox is available if you need anything.

Also, I make Super Mario Maker levels sometimes! (Don't mind the awful NNID.)

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец

Re: I'm back? Maybe?

Postby h2643 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Hello, Chad. I'm really happy that you decided to re-join!! Have a great time here, like always..! :D
Last edited by h2643 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:51 pm

So we meet again Chad. You might forgot who am i but i did not. Have fun on this trip.

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Welcome back Chad. We all missed you and I hope you have great time here.
Last edited by zlaker on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:53 pm

A Member who is back from a while event? That is great to hear. You know me, @bossedit8, who produces SMBX Videos and so on. I hope you will enjoy this forum board after the whole 'issue' what happened during 2013 and 2014 January. Have a nice time on this Forum Board.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Hey Chad, good to see you again! Really. You're like, legendary. Hope you have a good stay while you're here. I respect you.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Great to have you back, Chad. Hope you stick around!

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby silent_ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi Chad, it's a pleasure to see you back and I hope you have the ability to stay for a protracted time. Also, a question out of utter curiosity; are you interested in administration powers again, or do you just feel like remaining a normal user? I wouldn't blame you if you want to just be a normal user going with the flow but regardless of the outcome, all I could say is glad to have you back and perhaps you will make more levels, even though before you left you clearly mentioned you've lost interest in SMBX.
previously known as Kep

m4sterbr0s
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby m4sterbr0s » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Welcome to the new forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Welcome back and enjoy your stay, Chad!

thenintendobros
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby thenintendobros » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Welcome back! Enjoy your stay!

Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Chad » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!
Kep wrote:Also, a question out of utter curiosity; are you interested in administration powers again, or do you just feel like remaining a normal user? I wouldn't blame you if you want to just be a normal user going with the flow but regardless of the outcome, all I could say is glad to have you back and perhaps you will make more levels, even though before you left you clearly mentioned you've lost interest in SMBX.
Hey there, Kep. To answer your question, I'd probably decline powers at this time, if offered. I wasn't overly confident with my performance anyways.

I haven't lost interest in SMBX, though. I've still been playing levels and episodes I'd download from here, Revived, and RMN all this time, as well as revisiting my own works. However, inspiration for making my own new levels has been dead for months. The more levels the community sees, the more it takes to impress people, or at least not feel repetitive and overdone. I'd like to get back into it, but I'm not sure when that will happen.
Knux wrote:It's nice to see you back, but why did you leave though?
Between the drama at the time that I didn't want any part of, resignation of my staff positions (resulting from the drama and not feeling like I did a good enough job), and the lack of new levels on my part, I no longer had a reason to want to come here. Initially, I only intended to give up on being staff and remain a normal user, but before I knew it, I was just visiting less and less. Guess I needed a break. Good to see that things have calmed down, though.
Last edited by Chad on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not active too much on the forums anymore, but my PM inbox is available if you need anything.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:37 pm

Chad wrote:not feeling like I did a good enough job [at being an administrator]
Don't be ridiculous, Chad. You were easily one of the most logical and efficient (and well-liked, I think) administrators/moderators in the history of the SMBX community.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:41 pm

I wouldn't say the community needs more than fun and fluid level design to be impressed. It's just FanofSMBX who won't shut up about SMBX being sucked empty of new things to make out of it. The majority of us still finds classic Mario levels entertaining and we're definitely not expecting more from SMBX than what it's capable of. I just wanted to point that out since judging from your goodbye message months back that was one of the reasons you took a break.

Chill Pingu
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Chill Pingu » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:56 pm

hello chad i missed you a fuckton i'm gladly glad you're back.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby silent_ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Chad wrote:Hey there, Kep. To answer your question, I'd probably decline powers at this time, if offered. I wasn't overly confident with my performance anyways.

I haven't lost interest in SMBX, though. I've still been playing levels and episodes I'd download from here, Revived, and RMN all this time, as well as revisiting my own works. However, inspiration for making my own new levels has been dead for months. The more levels the community sees, the more it takes to impress people, or at least not feel repetitive and overdone. I'd like to get back into it, but I'm not sure when that will happen.
That's good to hear about you not losing that much interest in SMBX, as I said before I wish you'd go back into SMBX designing, I'd review your levels, lol.
previously known as Kep

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Yeah, the people who say that SMBX originality has run out are really a vocal minority (read: pretty much just FanofSMBX as Valtteri said). There are some really great original episodes in production right now, and a steady stream of new levels. It would be great to see you designing levels again, Chad.

- a spam account, 2016

Eternity
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Eternity » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Welcome back! I honestly don't know you much, but you're one of my favorite SMBX designers, so I hope to see you around!
aka Aeon.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Hey Chad, remember me? Glad to see you're back, and not just that but as a level designer (of whatever it you're at, never knew what's being developed).

It's nice to see you did not lost interest on SMBX, the forum felt rather dead since you left, but thanks to the merge people are starting to join again and a again, and the fact that you're back make things even better. Check out all the things that have done for SMBX if you ever feel inspired on level designing, you might have a surprise with what has been done.

Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Chad » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:29 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:Don't be ridiculous, Chad. You were easily one of the most logical and efficient (and well-liked, I think) administrators/moderators in the history of the SMBX community.
I appreciate the compliment. However, there were numerous instances where I'd have trouble deciding what the proper course of action would be, or how lenient or strict to be about certain circumstances. I also had a tendency to be a bit more passive and emotionally influenced than I should have been. But then again, you're your own worst critic, as they say.
Valtteri wrote:I wouldn't say the community needs more than fun and fluid level design to be impressed. It's just FanofSMBX who won't shut up about SMBX being sucked empty of new things to make out of it. The majority of us still finds classic Mario levels entertaining and we're definitely not expecting more from SMBX than what it's capable of. I just wanted to point that out since judging from your goodbye message months back that was one of the reasons you took a break.
I do remember you pointing that out a few months ago when I first passed the message onto Natsu. I wanna say that I've seen it from other people as well to a lesser extent over time, but I could be wrong or misinterpreting some stuff. Although I was also concerned more about how I found some standards to be needlessly strict, like when clash is given more importance than design and gameplay, or when items like the Hammer Suit are almost never used because they're deemed too powerful. They can easily be lost in the latter case, and a level can be designed to accomodate them. My point being that I could think of some standard parts of the engine that the community just never uses for one reason or another, that might be taken a little too seriously as though they're inherently bad.

Still, It's nice to know that people still enjoy SMBX for what it is. Even with its limitations and bugs, it's still a fantastic engine, and I still enjoy both simpler and more elaborate forms of design and gameplay.

Return to “Introductions”