smwforever45 joins the party!

Come in and introduce yourself.
SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

smwforever45 joins the party!

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:57 am

Hi, everyone! I'm smwforever45, a huge Yoshi fan from Germany! Maybe a few of you know me or my videos from YouTube already, where I'm also known as smwforever45. ;)

I've been playing SMBX since a while already (about two years, I think). There wasn't really a story how I found out about the game, I simply downloaded it because I wanted something similar to Super Mario Flash on my computer. I've even registered on the old SMBX forums and posted something there before they had to be shut down, and I was glad to see some days ago that the SMBX forums are back at last. :)
I decided to join this forum again in order to present the SMBX project I'm working on, and in case I have questions which the forums, Google or the help files don't have the answer for.

Not too few people have asked me where my username comes from. I've made that name up in 2009, when I've registered on the official forums for Super Mario War, another Mario fan game which I used to play a lot back in those days. In order to show how much I liked this game, I chose the first letters of "Super", "Mario" and "War" to get "smw", added "forever", and added my (still) favorite number, the 45, because "smwforever" alone didn't sound complete to me.
Thus: Even though I like Super Mario World a lot, "smw" in my name does not stand for Super Mario World. ;)

The fact that I'm into Yoshi is probably the most remarkable thing about me. And I'll never forget how I became a fan of him back in December 2006.
The three games that got me into Yoshi are also the first three Nintendo games I've played in my life: Super Mario 64 DS because Yoshi is the first character you're playing as (and I also played the Loves-me-Loves-me-not minigame a lot which stars Yoshi), Yoshi's Island DS because the Yoshis are the ones who save the babies, and Mario Kart DS because of the story that happened in said month in said year:
I was close to finishing the Grand Prix mode. Only two cups were remaining, the Leaf Cup and the Lightning Cup in the Mirror Mode. Up to then, I only used Mario because I thought I'd do best with an allrounder. I was wrong, because all I could get on the Leaf Cup was bronze, and that wasn't enough to progress. After a few tries, I decided to choose another character, and I chose Yoshi for no particular reason. I tried it again with him - and won on the first try. Same for the Lightning Cup. And I finished both cups with better ranks than with Mario on the Shell Cup and the Banana Cup. This had a huge effect on my mind. Besides Yoshi being my lucky charm, I soon found more and more reasons to like Yoshi more and more, and soon he was the character I used 95% of the time (100% for games like Mario Party where all characters have equal or no stats). :D

I think that's all of the important stuff you need to know. I hope I'll have a great time on this forum. ;)
My SMBX project: Yoshi's Paradise!

Projects I support:
Spoiler: show

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: smwforever45 joins the party!

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Hello, welcome to the community. Read the rules and have a good stay here.

By the way, you might not want to use smileys quite as much as you did. People don't like that.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:03 am

Thanks a bunch! :)
I've read the rules already, and I'm not one of those persons who like breaking rules.
Pseudo-dino wrote:By the way, you might not want to use smileys quite as much as you did. People don't like that.
But the forum rules don't tell me how many smilies I may use... D:
Understandable... Those phpBB smilies are somewhat misshaped... And also, too many smilies give posts an un-adult-ish taste...
I'll try to keep your tip in mind.

Projects I support:

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:42 am

smwforever45 wrote:Thanks a bunch! :)
I've read the rules already, and I'm not one of those persons who like breaking rules.
Pseudo-dino wrote:By the way, you might not want to use smileys quite as much as you did. People don't like that.
But the forum rules don't tell me how many smilies I may use... D:
Understandable... Those phpBB smilies are somewhat misshaped... And also, too many smilies give posts an un-adult-ish taste...
I'll try to keep your tip in mind.
Yeah, don't worry about it. It's not a rule thing, it's just like a general kind of "style guide" thing. People won't tend to take your posts seriously if you overuse smileys. Don't worry about it, though. ;)
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:09 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:Yeah, don't worry about it. It's not a rule thing, it's just like a general kind of "style guide" thing. People won't tend to take your posts seriously if you overuse smileys. Don't worry about it, though. ;)
I'm not worrying. I completely understand your opinion. I'll still use smileys because I simply like using them. But I'll make sure not to overuse them. :)

Projects I support:

Return to “Introductions”