Airship Attack (Luftschiffattacke) [Update]

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
chadio
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: Chad

Re: Airship Attack (Luftschiffattacke) [Update]

Postby chadio » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:37 am

bossedit8 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:42 pm
chadio wrote:Does anyone have a mirror? The link in the first post is broken, DropBox has put a limit on how often a link can be used apparently.
Dropbox is janked! Link updated to Google Drive!
Thank you

Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#7903

Postby Scroll » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:41 pm

You can't imagine how much inspiration I took from this amazing episode.

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Legacy Editor FTW, PGE FTL
Current Project: Worldwide Adventure (I still need to make the levels, though... -_-)
Chat Username: S.D.A.

Postby SDA - SMBX » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:50 am

Yes, I love this episode. It's the third one I'm playing (I finished both the Princess Cliche and the Invasion 2), but I'm stuck at the Areal Difficulty level due to its "AREAL DIFFICULTY", literally.
Last edited by SDA - SMBX on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
"God damn, why I'm not out of this forum yet?"
Another thing I wanted to add in my signature. GRR...

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:42 am

SDA - SMBX wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:50 am
Yes, I love this episode. It's the third one I'm playing (I finished both the Princess Cliche and the Invasion 2), but I'm stuck at the Aerial Difficulty level due to its "AERIAL DIFFICULTY", literally.

well you made it quite far! The final lakitu section is a challenge of course, but it also gives you many fire flowers.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Scroll
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Scroll » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:55 am

SDA - SMBX wrote:
Yes, I love this episode. It's the third one I'm playing (I finished both the Princess Cliche and the Invasion 2), but I'm stuck at the Aerial Difficulty level due to its "AERIAL DIFFICULTY", literally.
I remember it took forever for me to beat that level the first time I played it, however yesterday I played it again and beat it in just two attempts lol
Cedur wrote:
SDA - SMBX wrote:

well you made it quite far! The final lakitu section is a challenge of course, but it also gives you many fire flowers.
I have never died there lol

So yea, I'm actually having fun with this episode again. I'm in the "E-World Underground" level

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Aerial Difficulty is Special 2, right?

ImageImageImage

Scroll
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Scroll » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:10 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:46 pm
Aerial Difficulty is Special 2, right?
Yes, it is.

By the way it's actually "Areal Difficulty", not "Aerial" lol

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Worldwide Adventure (I still need to make the levels, though... -_-)

Postby SDA - SMBX » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:21 am

No, I can't just make it after the three hammer bros. How do I carry a bomb for meters before it explodes? When I made it one time, breaking the second brick wall I fell immediately to death. Also because I'm not really good at Mario games, I keep dying even at the beginning of the level.

Added in 7 minutes 54 seconds:
And youtube videos aren't helping me either. To complete the episode I'm watching bossedit8's playthrough but it's all a question of skills. Doesn't matter how much I tried, I will never beat the level and go ahead.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:39 pm

Maybe this specific spot of the video will help? I believe this is the level in question?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-nqvjh0Fpg&t=3461

ImageImageImage

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:20 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:39 pm
Maybe this specific spot of the video will help? I believe this is the level in question?
Unfortunately no, it wasn't. Either way, I get 100% confused with a co-screen gameplay.
Link to the right video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaxZysMNvBc
UPDATE: Wait you said "the level"? Let me see...
Spoiler: show
Yes. It is. On the right screen though.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:26 am

SDA - SMBX wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:20 am
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:39 pm
Unfortunately no, it wasn't. Either way, I get 100% confused with a co-screen gameplay.
Link to the right video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaxZysMNvBc
UPDATE: Wait you said "the level"? Let me see...
Spoiler: show
Yes. It is. On the right screen though.
The reason I linked that video was because I understood your statement as bossedit8's videos were confusing. I could link a video from my channel as well if needed. Speaking of this level, I might as well try to do a run of this level as well...

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUoeR3RifA&t=3908 This is a long level, but this should be it. If you are having trouble with the bombs, try waiting for a new bomb?

ImageImageImage

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Exactly what do you mean? "Waiting for a new bomb"? I always wait for a new bomb. That's logic.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:07 pm

SDA - SMBX wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:30 pm
Exactly what do you mean? "Waiting for a new bomb"? I always wait for a new bomb. That's logic.
Like garbing it on the first possible frame.

ImageImageImage

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:06 am

I do already. I mean how do I destroy the first wall of bricks, pass the stack of Hammer bros behind it, and then break the other 2 walls by carrying a bomb for meters without making it explode and not getting damaged? The powerups I use are the super leaf and the ice flower, however I succesfully kill enemies only a few times with both items. One time I defeated an enemy and died at the same time (an hitbox).

Added in 12 minutes 33 seconds:
On your video, I also saw that you used Rosalina (actually Peach with modified palette and graphics) in which in the last section you got rid of all Lakitus with an upward fireball. In the game, Toad and Peach both hold a static fireball on their heads, so they can also throw it up to kill mid-air enemies. All in all, should I use Peach or Toad to complete the level?

sammerbro
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: playing and making SMBX stuff
Current Project: Sam Lev Boss Rush 5

Postby sammerbro » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:36 am

SDA - SMBX wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:19 am
I do already. I mean how do I destroy the first wall of bricks, pass the stack of Hammer bros behind it, and then break the other 2 walls by carrying a bomb for meters without making it explode and not getting damaged? The powerups I use are the super leaf and the ice flower, however I succesfully kill enemies only a few times with both items. One time I defeated an enemy and died at the same time (an hitbox).

On your video, I also saw that you used Rosalina (actually Peach with modified palette and graphics) in which in the last section you got rid of all Lakitus with an upward fireball. In the game, Toad and Peach both hold a static fireball on their heads, so they can also throw it up to kill mid-air enemies. All in all, should I use Peach or Toad to complete the level?
You should use Peach.

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:53 pm

sammerbro wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:36 am
SDA - SMBX wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:19 am

You should use Peach.
Ok, sammerbro, if I have to use Peach I'll give it a try. However I don't know how long it will take...

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:37 pm

I just tried this level again with Mario. Cleared it with no forced damage (only one damage before the checkpoint which was just me being stupid).

I really don't recommend using Peach/Rosalina. She's slow and it's just harder to throw bombs with her.

There are no considerable hazards until the checkpoint, just some hammer bros that you can kill with standard techniques even if you're small or super.

For the lakitu section, your maxime should be killing the first two lakitus at the highest spots, and then just go as fast as possible. As I said, you have lots of power-up support (and I didn't even need any of it).

This level really shouldn't impede you, other levels are way tougher (most notoriously, Funny Tanks lol)
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:30 pm

Yeah, Funny Tanks is the second hardest level of the entire episode in my opinion.

ImageImageImage

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:52 am

One time I was almost making it to the end of the lakitu section and guess what... the controller did not work even after I pressed the alt jump button and ran into a Spiny. I have pressed the button, and nothing happened, in a nutshell.

Added in 1 minute 58 seconds:
It was the funniest thing I ever got but I really wanted to destroy my PC when that happened.

SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby SDA - SMBX » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:15 am

And no, I'm still stuck on that level. I can't make it to the end with any of the characters. It's too hard.

Added in 7 minutes 14 seconds:
This level really shouldn't impede you, other levels are way tougher (most notoriously, Funny Tanks lol)
It IMPEDES me instead, you idiot. My (little) skills aren't enough to clear this level.

Added in 55 minutes 25 seconds:
Ok, good news. I played the level with Mario, went as fast as I could and...
...I FINALLY FINISHED THE LEVEL!!!!
But the next level, Long Cloudride, isn't easy either. This is what a message box at the beginning says:

"Getting prepared for a long ride on a cloud. Try your best and do not lose your cloud or your ride is never gonna end peacefully."

It has already made me nervous. I can't handle so much time on a moving cloud while avoiding enemies and obstacles here and there. Know that I already had something similar in this level:
Desert Highland
It was easy to beat but not easy for collecting all the A-coins (Yoshi coins) scattered in the level.

Return to “Episodes”