[2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.

Thoughts on the episode

Amazing - 5/5
56%
Great - 4/5
37%
Average - 3/5
1%
Eh - 2/5
3%
Bad - 1/5 (Elaborate)
3%

Total votes: 142
reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Re: LFFTMK - (3/17: World 6 Screenshots!)

Postby reghrhre » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:11 pm

SnifitGuy69 wrote:Some of the plains on the world map don't make sense. Some of them are down as well as equal to some connecting platforms.
Err... I have no idea what you're trying to say whatsoever, can you elaborate on that?

And thanks for the comment krazykoopa! Glad this interests you!

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:14 pm

reghrhre wrote:
SnifitGuy69 wrote:Some of the plains on the world map don't make sense. Some of them are down as well as equal to some connecting platforms.
Err... I have no idea what you're trying to say whatsoever, can you elaborate on that?

And thanks for the comment krazykoopa! Glad this interests you!
What I mean is that some of the ground on the world map doesn't line up with other ground. Such as in the volcano world, where the area the towers over some land is also connected to the land beneath.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Oh, well it's supposed to be sloped land (or up/downhills), it doesn't really look too good since SMBX is really limited with map tiles.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:08 pm

reghrhre wrote:Oh, well it's supposed to be sloped land (or up/downhills), it doesn't really look too good since SMBX is really limited with map tiles.
Oh ok. I thought that was what you wanted, but I just wanted to be sure. I can see it as a slope.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:19 am

Have some progress from reghrhre his work he has done so far. Oh yeah before you ask "How you get dut?" I got an exclusive Beta Tester for this.

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:57 am

Frozen wrote:Have some progress from reghrhre his work he has done so far. Oh yeah before you ask "How you get dut?" I got an exclusive Beta Tester for this.

I think this is fake. The level design dosen't look anything like reghrhre's as the design is quite flat, linear and unremarkable. The theme has been directly stolen from one of his levels (his Contourn 2.0 level, titled simply "Level") and with regards to his beta testers, reghrhre got rid of his beta testing team to go solo months ago (And I know this because I was one of them) and I highly doubt he has hired anybody since. Also the last level reghrhre showcased from his project he asked bossedit8 to record for him, so I think that if he was to showcase another level like this, he would go about the same method.
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:59 am

Eh i talked with reghrhre about it. He gave me the whole episode to test it. And it is one of his levels and i also asked him if i could record some stuff.*rolls eyes* And he sure will tell you when he comes back online.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Postby Quill » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:06 am

People still think linearity is a bad thing in a Mario game?

GoodmanHappens
Goomba
Goomba
Current Project: Super Mario Old Seasons

Postby GoodmanHappens » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:43 am

Looks really great, you can be sure I'll play it! =)
NEO MARIO BROS. X GETTING RELEASED IN FEBRUARY 2015!

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Quill wrote:People still think linearity is a bad thing in a Mario game?
apparently yes, also Frozen you really got exclusive testing? kudos
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:49 pm

Whoa whoa Wtf, how'd you get this Frozen? Nah jk, yeah, I did give it to her for testing since I do need at least one (and I've been needing someone to test the difficulty for quite a long time now), and no offense to the ex-beta testers but you guys were REALLY slow or you just forgot to beta test until I bugged you so I kinda needed someone who wasn't that. And you guys kinda went inactive a lot too which didn't help too much.
ElTipsta wrote:I think this is fake. The level design dosen't look anything like reghrhre's as the design is quite flat, linear and unremarkable.
Hmm, sorry the level doesn't suit up to your expectations, though it is a battlefield level so I don't necessarily need the design to be all over the place though.

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:07 pm

reghrhre wrote:Whoa whoa Wtf, how'd you get this Frozen? Nah jk, yeah, I did give it to her for testing since I do need at least one (and I've been needing someone to test the difficulty for quite a long time now), and no offense to the ex-beta testers but you guys were REALLY slow or you just forgot to beta test until I bugged you so I kinda needed someone who wasn't that. And you guys kinda went inactive a lot too which didn't help too much.
ElTipsta wrote:I think this is fake. The level design dosen't look anything like reghrhre's as the design is quite flat, linear and unremarkable.
Hmm, sorry the level doesn't suit up to your expectations, though it is a battlefield level so I don't necessarily need the design to be all over the place though.
Oh sorry about that, I genuinely thought it was fake, I'm quite sceptical about these sorts of things. Watching the video again I can see the effect you were trying to make with this different approach from previous levels, and it's actually quite good the way it's turned out. I think the original level you made with the theme (and the fact that it was reused was one of the reasons why I thought it was fake) is better however.

And yeah about the beta testers, you're completely right, I was guilty of that :/
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

KingKRool
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby KingKRool » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:11 pm

How's the project coming along, Reghrhre?

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:04 am

Mmm, unfortunately I haven't completed ONE World 7 level because of 7-1, I just do not have the motivation to complete it since I don't have a gimmick for it, I think it's about time I skipped it and moved on to another level for now; I completed 8-1 during the time if that makes you feel better. : P

Also I should announce that this projects only gonna have 8 worlds so that means I'm pretty close to completion. O:

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:23 am

What world type is 7-1? I could think up a gimmick.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 am

Hi:

Original YouTube Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNFbdnHIIgo

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:36 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:What world type is 7-1? I could think up a gimmick.
Thanks but I actually finally managed to come up with a gimmick : P

And nice, you're almost done with the demo bossedit8, I managed to catch up on your playthroughs finally so yay.

KingKRool
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby KingKRool » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:41 pm

ReghrHre wrote:Mmm, unfortunately I haven't completed ONE World 7 level because of 7-1, I just do not have the motivation to complete it since I don't have a gimmick for it, I think it's about time I skipped it and moved on to another level for now; I completed 8-1 during the time if that makes you feel better. : P

Also I should announce that this projects only gonna have 8 worlds so that means I'm pretty close to completion. O:
Awesome. Can't wait for this project to be done. :D

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:38 pm

When i am done testing and btw reghrhre is near the release of the Full Version alreaday.

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 am

Um, all of the screens are the "Is this your screenshot?" message.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Return to “Episodes”