[2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.

Thoughts on the episode

Amazing - 5/5
56%
Great - 4/5
37%
Average - 3/5
1%
Eh - 2/5
3%
Bad - 1/5 (Elaborate)
3%

Total votes: 142
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (LFFTMK)

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:02 am

reghrhre wrote:
SnifitGuy69 wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:
*Videos*

Original YouTube Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vwEnjziqPQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPKClZM7kok
Is that your own personal choice of music that you installed or does @reghrhe have a custom launcher for this?
Idk what you mean by "custom launcher" but ALL the songs in the videos are the songs that appear in the game for the respective level, bossedit's not adding custom music whatsoever.
I was talking about the world map music. Sorry for not being clear.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Re: LFFTMK - (3/17: World 6 Screenshots!)

Postby reghrhre » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:38 am

World 6 is done, this might be one of my more weaker worlds IMO but I guess we'll see once this is complete. World 6 is an athletic mountain world so some screenshots might not serve their justice. And look at that, Toad is now a playable character! I was originally gonna replace him with Luigi but Luigi is too big apparently so I used Toad since he actually plays a relatively big role in my project.
Spoiler: show

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:01 am

Those screenshots look pretty cool amd the GFXs is awesome amd I relly liked that you recolored most of the GFXs.
Good job reghrhre! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:23 am

Oh no, I see some clash, particularly with the ghost house screens. The tileset is too heavily detailed compared to the classical NPCs and Mario himself. Also, from the screens, you get the illusion that it includes 1x1 pixels (and candidly I think it does have them :/). Otherwise, I'd add some more scenery in the last screen, and you're good to go with world six.
previously known as Kep

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 am

Wow, I really like these new levels, the atmosphere is very original, and the level design is very well done! This also looks like quite a challenging world to play through. Looking forward to playing it!
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Kep wrote:Oh no, I see some clash, particularly with the ghost house screens. The tileset is too heavily detailed compared to the classical NPCs and Mario himself. Also, from the screens, you get the illusion that it includes 1x1 pixels (and candidly I think it does have them :/). Otherwise, I'd add some more scenery in the last screen, and you're good to go with world six.
But Kep how could you not see this is not Mario it is Luigi the stupid brother of Mario the fatass. And reghrhre having 1x1???? Well that ends his carrier.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Frozen wrote:
Kep wrote:Oh no, I see some clash, particularly with the ghost house screens. The tileset is too heavily detailed compared to the classical NPCs and Mario himself. Also, from the screens, you get the illusion that it includes 1x1 pixels (and candidly I think it does have them :/). Otherwise, I'd add some more scenery in the last screen, and you're good to go with world six.
But Kep how could you not see this is not Mario it is Luigi the stupid brother of Mario the fatass. And reghrhre having 1x1???? Well that ends his carrier.
I don't get your point at all, particularly with the first sentence.
previously known as Kep

Kley
Edge
Edge
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Kep wrote:
Frozen wrote:
My sides. Seriously. I am literally dying here and idk how to respond to this or how I should feel.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Nice screens there reghie, liking them a lot. There appears to be great design as well: I'm a bit intrigued by the final screen, though.

I do agree with Kep on clash, maybe because there's too much detail on the YI's background you used for your ghost house level. Also, there's too much detail on the castle screen, not just the background, but the entire graphics in general. They just look rather out of place, but again that's just my opinion.

Good looking W6 though, looking forward to play it whenever I have free time.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks for the comments guys! Even though I'm practically doubting all of you lol.

Kep Responses
Kep wrote:Oh no, I see some clash, particularly with the ghost house screens. The tileset is too heavily detailed compared to the classical NPCs and Mario himself.
The graphics are fine as is if you ask me.
Kep wrote:Also, from the screens, you get the illusion that it includes 1x1 pixels (and candidly I think it does have them :/). Otherwise, I'd add some more scenery in the last screen, and you're good to go with world six.
Yeah, I accidentally resized the editor on some screens (I took some of these screens at various days to show to certain people these levels when they were in progess, I didn't take all of these at once) and because of that some screens look slightly screwed up. As for the last screen, I can't really add anything to it, even if i did the area would just look over crowded and confusing which I don't really need.
Kep wrote:
Frozen wrote:
What she means is that you said Mario this whole time instead of Luigi since this project is Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom, Mario isn't in this project whatsoever nor is he in the screenshots.
Eltipsta Response
ElTipsta wrote:Wow, I really like these new levels, the atmosphere is very original, and the level design is very well done! This also looks like quite a challenging world to play through. Looking forward to playing it!
Thanks, yeah the world is a bit challenging since it's getting near the end of the game somewhat, hopefully it won't be out of place in terms of difficulty.
Natsu Responses
Natsu wrote:Nice screens there reghie, liking them a lot. There appears to be great design as well: I'm a bit intrigued by the final screen, though.

Also, there's too much detail on the castle screen, not just the background, but the entire graphics in general. They just look rather out of place, but again that's just my opinion.

Good looking W6 though, looking forward to play it whenever I have free time.
It's fine as is too, and I'm not releasing anymore demos, the next release will be the whole game.
Frozen Response
Frozen wrote:Wow reg, amazing levels and graphics as always! Good job! If only I was as good as you though.
Thanks hon, one day you will be as good as me don't worry.

KingKRool
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby KingKRool » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Was this project at all inspired by the Donkey Kong Country games, Reghrhre? Because I'm getting a real vibe of them from these screenshots (which is a good thing, most certainly).

This is one of the few episodes I think will truly stand out as something special.

BabyWeegee
Rex
Rex

Postby BabyWeegee » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Why did you take off the demo?
"I ain't afraid of nothing... except Rottweilers... and expired mayonnaise."

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:15 pm

i forget, how many worlds there is gonna be on this?

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:55 am

KingKRool wrote:Was this project at all inspired by the Donkey Kong Country games, Reghrhre? Because I'm getting a real vibe of them from these screenshots (which is a good thing, most certainly).

This is one of the few episodes I think will truly stand out as something special.
Not at all actually, well, except for the level skips throughout the first 4 worlds but I can't show that. : P But I guess my project is similar to DKC in a way since practically all my levels have gimmicks and such. Thanks for the comment though, hopefully this project will live up to your expectations!
BabyWeegee wrote:Why did you take off the demo?
I was running out of space on my computer and since I used dropbox to upload this I ended up removing the demo in order to save space. I plan on changing A LOT of stuff anyways and keeping up with updates and such is a pain as is so I'm just gonna make it so everyone who downloaded the demo has to redownload everything except for the songs for file size sakes.
Nien wrote:i forget, how many worlds there is gonna be on this?
I'm still debating between 8-9 worlds, I haven't really thought out the end of the plot so I'll have to think about it for now.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:04 pm

I just looked at the new screenshots, and is Luigi going to replace Toad? I personally liked just the default Luigi for this project.

RustyBox
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Larry's Adventure - Dark Bowser's Revenge

Postby RustyBox » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:41 am

Why in the world 1 actually all slightly gray? Is in World 1 as fog? :|
So not that I have anything against it. I just wanted to ask.
An adventure with Larry, Lemmy and Iggy:

I support:
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:41 am

Turak500 wrote:Why in the world 1 actually all slightly gray? Is in World 1 as fog? :|
Yes, it's supposed to be a misty lake themed world.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:47 am

SnifitGuy69 wrote:I just looked at the new screenshots, and is Luigi going to replace Toad? I personally liked just the default Luigi for this project.
Nope, Toad's gonna be his own character, Luigi was too big for Toad anyways.
Natsu wrote:
Turak500 wrote:Why in the world 1 actually all slightly gray? Is in World 1 as fog? :|
Yes, it's supposed to be a misty lake themed world.
Exactly this.

krazykoopa
Spiny
Spiny

Postby krazykoopa » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 am

This project looks great! The screenshots really display the variety of levels, your creativity, and hard work at always adding interesting custom graphics. This is definitely one to keep a close eye on.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Some of the plains on the world map don't make sense. Some of them are down as well as equal to some connecting platforms.

Return to “Episodes”