[2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.

Thoughts on the episode

Amazing - 5/5
56%
Great - 4/5
37%
Average - 3/5
1%
Eh - 2/5
3%
Bad - 1/5 (Elaborate)
3%

Total votes: 142
RDV
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Re: LFFTMK - (Not-so-Important-Poll)

Postby RDV » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:32 pm

This project has been in progress for quite some time now, but that isn't a problem at all. Quality over quantity. It looks amazing!

May I ask what your progress on this project is so far?

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Reghie, I think you should remove your poll, as it is pretty much obvious all of us want to see more Unused Guys. Also, to some people saying they are not needed because they accomplish nothing, that doesn't matter. What matters on projects are 3 things: Gameplay, Design and Originality, that's all.

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Ah well, sorry for my harsh answer about those unused guys, i really looked forward to this since the beginning, keep it up!
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

KingKRool
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby KingKRool » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:03 am

This project looks fantastic! I love the original graphics and level themes, and I'm really looking forward to playing the final product. Good luck with this!

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:53 am

@bossedit8: Thanks for the playthroughs again! I need to catch up though, I am way behind now
Luigifan400 wrote:The ostrich enemy is a Conkdor. And nice work with the project. Almost everyone is supporting you.
Thanks, and yeah, it's more people than I thought, I'll be sure to disappoint them.. I mean, amaze.
RDV wrote:This project has been in progress for quite some time now, but that isn't a problem at all. Quality over quantity. It looks amazing!

May I ask what your progress on this project is so far?
I actually restarted World 1 like 2 times during the time this is been in production, but that's about it. As for progress, I'm on World 6 right now and I have 4/7 levels done for that world, so I'm halfway done with it already.
Natsu wrote:Reghie, I think you should remove your poll
Oh yeah; done.

And thanks KingKRool! In other news there's none, you can look at my response to RDV to see how much of World 6 is done though.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:19 am

You might as well keep the unused guys for the sake of consistency, unless you planned on removing them altogether? But they're fine to keep. It's consistent with the tone of the episode.

Anyway, great job so far. This is the best Luigi-centric episode I've seen so far. I always play as Luigi until the game gets so hard that I have to switch to Mario. I wonder how I'll manage in this one.

Star
Bit
Bit
Current Project: GlitchPC. Where Insanity means Normal.

Postby Star » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:27 am

Maybe you can make 8Bit luigi sprite background for all levels too. Like maybe destroying a brick block.
They don't do anything but they are just like the unused guys.
I have stop updating my project. Don't cry though. It's being updated here!

http://smbxuniverse.my-board.org/

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Magician wrote:You might as well keep the unused guys for the sake of consistency, unless you planned on removing them altogether? But they're fine to keep. It's consistent with the tone of the episode.

Anyway, great job so far. This is the best Luigi-centric episode I've seen so far. I always play as Luigi until the game gets so hard that I have to switch to Mario. I wonder how I'll manage in this one.
Yeah, I was gonna remove them altogether if the majority didn't want them. And thanks! There will be more playables but of course, they'll just be Luigi GFX replacements, but you can play as the actual Luigi in most of the levels anyways.
NeverEndingGamer wrote:Maybe you can make 8Bit luigi sprite background for all levels too. Like maybe destroying a brick block.
They don't do anything but they are just like the unused guys.
That wouldn't be a bad idea, idk if I really feel like implementing such a thing though since that's a lot of work and I already have the Unused Guys anyways : P

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Re: Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom (LFFTMK)

Postby zlaker » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:58 pm

I'm actually having the same idea that NeverEndingGamer mentioned. How about having Luigi references in every level like NSLU?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:39 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:I'm actually having the same idea that NeverEndingGamer mentioned. How about having Luigi references in every level like NSLU?
If it's background,then there's nothing to unlock after seeing these.So nope

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:48 pm

is it going to have the "this level contains touhou music"

because if it is, please make it less obnoxiously difficult.

Otherwise, i'd say the project looks really promising.

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:23 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:I'm actually having the same idea that NeverEndingGamer mentioned. How about having Luigi references in every level like NSLU?
Doesn't sound like a bad idea except I don't really think I'd be able to make a new reference for every level considering idk that much about Luigi
Nien wrote:is it going to have the "this level contains touhou music"

Nope, not at all, I don't even have the level anymore anyways. My level designing standards have changed quite a lot since that level, that level is responsible for my new level standards for that matter. My levels are A LOT shorter, difficulty is better (I hope), levels are a lot less cramped both scenery and space wise, and some other stuff that I can't think of ATM. Pretty much almost everything has changed and for the better too.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:21 am

reghrhre wrote:
Doesn't sound like a bad idea except I don't really think I'd be able to make a new reference for every level considering idk that much about Luigi
Nien wrote:is it going to have the "this level contains touhou music"

Nope, not at all, I don't even have the level anymore anyways. My level designing standards have changed quite a lot since that level, that level is responsible for my new level standards for that matter. My levels are A LOT shorter, difficulty is better (I hope), levels are a lot less cramped both scenery and space wise, and some other stuff that I can't think of ATM. Pretty much almost everything has changed and for the better too.
Alright, then i'm eager to play this episode if it differs from that level.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:02 pm

The Luigi references in NSLU (and 3D World) are usually as simple as a classic Luigi sprite hidden somewhere in the level, just so you know, reghrhre. I also think it's a pretty great idea, by the way.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:31 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:The Luigi references in NSLU (and 3D World) are usually as simple as a classic Luigi sprite hidden somewhere in the level, just so you know, reghrhre. I also think it's a pretty great idea, by the way.
Oh, then that definitely doesn't sound bad at all, I may consider using that than using the unused guys, we'll see

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 am

I wouldn't. Using Luigis instead of unused guys makes your episode less unique. I mean, I've already seen people copying the concept, and even if I didn't, I'd still think that copying something just because Nintendo did it can be pretty tacky. I like the unused guys a lot more; in fact, I think they're even better knowing that they were conceived originally and without knowledge of the hidden Luigis in NSLU (though I didn't even know they were also in 3D World... wow).

I know it may seem like such a minor difference but really, the unused guys exhibit your personal style a lot more than Luigi BGOs would. They help to make it YOUR episode, rather than a common Mario episode.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Is that your own personal choice of music that you installed or does @reghrhe have a custom launcher for this?

Sux
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Nova Era

Postby Sux » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:45 pm

This seems to be very interesting. I like the screens, and the prevailing atmosphere in the levels sounds good. It really pleases me. Good Luck, continue with this great work

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby reghrhre » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:31 am

Magician wrote:I wouldn't. Using Luigis instead of unused guys makes your episode less unique. I mean, I've already seen people copying the concept, and even if I didn't, I'd still think that copying something just because Nintendo did it can be pretty tacky. I like the unused guys a lot more; in fact, I think they're even better knowing that they were conceived originally and without knowledge of the hidden Luigis in NSLU (though I didn't even know they were also in 3D World... wow).

I know it may seem like such a minor difference but really, the unused guys exhibit your personal style a lot more than Luigi BGOs would. They help to make it YOUR episode, rather than a common Mario episode.
Ah, tbh I wasn't gonna use the Luigi thing anyways since that'd be too much work to remove the Unused Guys and to add the Luigi thing anyways. : P Though I did consider the idea since it seemed easier to do than the Unused Guys IMO, I didn't really consider them just because Nintendo did it.
SnifitGuy69 wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:
*Videos*

Original YouTube Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vwEnjziqPQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPKClZM7kok
Is that your own personal choice of music that you installed or does @reghrhe have a custom launcher for this?
Idk what you mean by "custom launcher" but ALL the songs in the videos are the songs that appear in the game for the respective level, bossedit's not adding custom music whatsoever.
Sux wrote:This seems to be very interesting. I like the screens, and the prevailing atmosphere in the levels sounds good. It really pleases me. Good Luck, continue with this great work
Thanks Sux!

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:21 am

How many levels will be there?

Return to “Episodes”