Super Mario Bros. 2 has finally come to Super Mario Bros. X!
When Mario opened a door after climbing a long stair in his dream, another world spread before him and he heard a voice call for help to be freed from a spell. After awakening, Mario went to a cave nearby and to his surprise he saw exactly what he saw in his dream...
Explore through 20 action packed levels of Mario Madness. Play as Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess Toadstool and rescue the subcons!
1. Play through SMB2 through the fluid and intuitive SMBX engine.
2. World Map so you can revisit any level.
3. One Checkpoint for each level.
Keep in mind that this is ported to Super Mario Bros. X. Of course, this isn't a perfect remake. Here are the issues:
1. Some of the NPCs and Blocks are inaccurate to the original game. As much as I wanted to make this flawless, it was impossible to rework the NPCs and Blocks perfectly.
2. Potion Doors are replaced with buried mushrooms. The potion doors in SMBX aren't even close to how they worked in the original game.
3. Warp Zones are not present. Without Potion Doors, it would be difficult to implement warp zones in a good way.
I had manually deleted the original link to this episode in reaction to a copyright notice. I cannot tell if this was for real or not.
I've been using the backup link provided by Ludwig_von Koopa. However, that user had taken the backup down to avoid potential copyright notice.
This is the last link I will be providing to the SMB2 Remake. Either it stays up or it doesn't.
Well done, Sapphire Bullet Bill. This truly is a monumental achievement. Although your remake isn't perfect, it still looks promising nevertheless. My favorite screenshots are the first level and the World 4 whales.
The attitude you're coming across with here is unnecessary
Yeah and even more since that is only two words
And I completely agree with Cedur
Really? This is what I get for the hard work I put into the remake? Sad, and I'm trying to not be arrogant this time.
I'm not saying that your work is bad, just I mean that I agree with Cedur since the GBA version has more improvements in comparison to All-Stars and if you had done it in that version, I guess that it could have been more attractive. But aside of that, I will probably play this soon, and sorry if I made you feel bad
Last edited by 1di_Scroll on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.