Custom block-404.txt file causes game to crash.

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
dragon3025
Spiny
Spiny

Custom block-404.txt file causes game to crash.

Postby dragon3025 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:15 pm

I made a custom block-404.txt file for a lava block to increase it's light with this:

lightradius=128
lightflicker=true

When I play in game everything is fine until the level exits. Then I get this error: https://pastebin.com/bSnz8DDi

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: Custom block-404.txt file causes game to crash.

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:27 am

That's not an error, that's a warning. Warnings won't cause things to break too badly, but can be problematic if left unresolved, so they're worth paying attention to. They also will only show up in the editor.

This particular one means you don't have the latest patch for SMBX2. When opening the launcher, you should see an orange bar across the top of the window telling you that an update is available.

dragon3025
Spiny
Spiny

[solved] Re: Custom block-404.txt file causes game to crash.

Postby dragon3025 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:27 am
That's not an error, that's a warning. Warnings won't cause things to break too badly, but can be problematic if left unresolved, so they're worth paying attention to. They also will only show up in the editor.

This particular one means you don't have the latest patch for SMBX2. When opening the launcher, you should see an orange bar across the top of the window telling you that an update is available.
Oh weird, I thought I already had the latest version. Thanks, it's working fine now.

EDIT: Yeah, I saved a copy of the installer last time and it said the same as this installer: "SMBX2b4.2.1 Installer". I wonder what happened.

Return to “Help and Support”