Where to download custom NPCs and graphics for SMBX 2.0?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
akrain
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: ak

Where to download custom NPCs and graphics for SMBX 2.0?

Postby akrain » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi! I was just wondering where I can go to find custom NPCs and graphics in general for SMBX 2.0? I seem to only be able to find SMBX 1.4.3 graphics. If anyone could direct me to a place with links that would be much appreciated.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Re: Where to download custom NPCs and graphics for SMBX 2.0?

Postby PixelPest » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:16 pm

The Graphics forum offers a lot of graphics, particularly downloading Red Yoshi's GFX or the Community GFX Pack will give you access to a lot of graphics, however in terms of the NPCs you'll find there they are all reskins of other NPCs. There are not many custom NPCs available to add on to SMBX2 as they take substantial effort and experience to make

nomoshasori3453
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby nomoshasori3453 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:05 pm

keep in mind that the GFXs of 1.3 will of course work, but semisolid sizable custom graphics will broken after Beta 4. If you are looking for custom coded NPCs, you should try 1.4, the community is making a lot of useful scripts, but please keep in mind that is is not compatiblilty with 1.3, except for graphics. also your level wont be featured here if 1.4, so go to wohlsoft.ru/forums, you can find custom npcs and sumbit 1.4 levels there.

Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#7903

Postby Scroll » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:13 pm

nomoshasori3453 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:05 pm
keep in mind that the GFXs of 1.3 will of course work, but semisolid sizable custom graphics will broken after Beta 4.
I think every single thing compatible with 1.3 is and will be compatible with all SMBX2 versions

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:33 pm

nomoshasori3453 wrote:
keep in mind that the GFXs of 1.3 will of course work, but semisolid sizable custom graphics will broken after Beta 4.
They won't
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

nomoshasori3453
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby nomoshasori3453 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:07 pm

um... since the default semisolids now have a bottom part in beta 4, the older semisolid CGFX using the same mask (recolors for example) will be broken, looking kinda like in above screenshot.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:48 pm

nomoshasori3453 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:07 pm

um... since the default semisolids now have a bottom part in beta 4, the older semisolid CGFX using the same mask (recolors for example) will be broken, looking kinda like in above screenshot.
It is only a visual thing though, and can be easily fixed by just changing the mask to the old one by copying it into the CGFX folders.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:41 pm

nomoshasori3453 wrote:
keep in mind that the GFXs of 1.3 will of course work, but semisolid sizable custom graphics will broken after Beta 4. If you are looking for custom coded NPCs, you should try 1.4, the community is making a lot of useful scripts, but please keep in mind that is is not compatiblilty with 1.3, except for graphics. also your level wont be featured here if 1.4, so go to wohlsoft.ru/forums, you can find custom npcs and sumbit 1.4 levels there.
We allow levels to be posted here and don't feature levels from any engine, only full episodes. Pretty sure PGE forums don't do anything like that, but could be wrong. Also as Electriking mentioned the sizables are hardly broken, they're just missing a couple of pixels which could easily be fixed if necessary though will likely go unoticed

Return to “Help and Support”