Need help!

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Hazardous Cat
Goomba
Goomba

Need help!

Postby Hazardous Cat » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi guys!
My last visit was about half year ago. I came back.
I need help in: How can i finish a project without stucking or get bored with it?

I only have only 1 finished project (WTSOF) and about 5 unfinished, trashed...
Shut Up And Play!

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Re: Need help!

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Hazardous Cat wrote:Hi guys!
I need help in: How can i finish a project without stucking or get bored with it?

Persevere. Stick with it and you'll be able to do it. Also, try not to set unrealistic goals (such as 10 worlds with 500 levels), because that will make it more likely you'll trash the project in the future.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Kley
Edge
Edge
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:21 pm

It also helps to maybe assemble a small team to help you plan and develop a project! I've managed to make one project solo and let me tell you. It. is. tough. It requires a lot of patience and hard work.

Of course, others like to work alone at a slow pace. I'm sure you know we have a projects forum! Maybe you can try assembling a team for one of your unfinished projects to help finish it, or even start anew!

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Hazardous Cat wrote:Hi guys!

I don't really know how you could get bored finishing a project that you like, and if you don't like your current project, you should think of fun ideas and concepts to put in them, because nobody likes doing a project that their not engaged in. And just like the other two posts said, gather some people to help you if doing it alone proves too much. You could also put some elements of your trashed projects in your final one, kind of like how big companies change ideas and scrap others, and sometimes bring others back. Sorry for this long post, but it should somewhat help you out with any other projects you have in mind.

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Currently unnamed

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:23 pm

I have a kind of similar problem, I sometimes can't think of ideas to put in my levels, and other times I come up with ideas that just won't work with my existing projects. I guess I'll just have to keep trying to think of fresh ideas, but sometimes I don't know which of my projects to put them in, or which project to keep working on.
I support: show
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
Spoiler: show
rockythechao wrote:Image

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:18 pm

I say you this that finding inspirational ideas can be coming up from everything you saw and play before. Let's say, if you listen to some music, there might be an occurrence for inspiration and ideas for your work in progress projects and levels. Samething goes to levels like if you want to make something like what the games did but into SMBX it can also work but if done correctly and such. There are a lot of ways to make things work around with ideas. Myself for instance, played that new game Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and that game alone gave me sooo many ideas you wouldn't believe it like music, level design, everything basically. So yeah, ideas can come up with literally everything... and if you run out, you can always check around for more.

Return to “Help and Support”