How did the game come back?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
MushroomHedgehog
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Current Project: Mega Man sprites

How did the game come back?

Postby MushroomHedgehog » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi there. I was around back before Redigit moved on to make Terraria, and recently found this site came back. Out of curiousity, I'm just wondering if work still continues on the game, and if so, who's in charge of development?
Like my avatar? I've made plenty more Mega Man sprites that you can find here: http://mushroomhedgehog.deviantart.com/ ... -443661714

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Re: How did the game come back?

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:42 pm

No one continues the original game.

Of course there are a few spinoffs of it that are actually pretty advanced such as: the PGE Project, VSMBX, SMBX 1.4.2, SMBX 2.0, SMBX Lunalua. correct me if I'm wrong.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Super Mario Channel
Bit
Bit

Postby Super Mario Channel » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Yeah. Mostly it's like Horiwaka and Wholstand and that guy from the Chinese sever that made versions.
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT PLZ

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:28 am

This is not actually the same site as the original forums - that was supermariobrothers.org, not supermariobrosx.org. This board style evokes the original site on purpose, but they're not the same. This site is run by Joey totally independent of Redigit - he hadn't interacted with the community in any capacity for several years until about a month ago, when he registered here (although it's verified that it's really him, he hasn't posted anything since returning).

Horikawa Otane and a few others mostly from raocow's talkhaus are developing SMBX 2.0, which is more of an extension to SMBX 1.3 than a truly new version - although it does add new features, it does not actually alter the original SMBX source code and works in large part through LunaLua, an unofficial SMBX extension module. SMBX 2.0 is in no way developed by Redigit, but will probably become the standard after it's released, as 1.3.0.1 did. To be clear, 1.3.0.1 is also not an official version, but is the version released on this site. It is fully compatible with 1.3 and is just 1.3 with a few fixed graphics and a hacked .exe.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:41 am

Super Mario Channel wrote:Yeah. Mostly it's like Horiwaka and Wholstand and that guy from the Chinese sever that made versions.
Chinese bootleg smbx doesn't really count since it's not approved here.

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:31 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:This is not actually the same site as the original forums - that was supermariobrothers.org, not supermariobrosx.org. This board style evokes the original site on purpose, but they're not the same. This site is run by Joey totally independent of Redigit - he hadn't interacted with the community in any capacity for several years until about a month ago, when he registered here (although it's verified that it's really him, he hasn't posted anything since returning).

Horikawa Otane and a few others mostly from raocow's talkhaus are developing SMBX 2.0, which is more of an extension to SMBX 1.3 than a truly new version - although it does add new features, it does not actually alter the original SMBX source code and works in large part through LunaLua, an unofficial SMBX extension module. SMBX 2.0 is in no way developed by Redigit, but will probably become the standard after it's released, as 1.3.0.1 did. To be clear, 1.3.0.1 is also not an official version, but is the version released on this site. It is fully compatible with 1.3 and is just 1.3 with a few fixed graphics and a hacked .exe.
Just so we're clear, since the ASM is being edited to enable additional features and fix bugs, we (by which I mean Kev and Red) ARE altering the source code...

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Oh seriously? I misunderstood then, I guess it actually is a legitimately separate version. Sorry about that, Horikawa.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Postby lighthouse64 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
Super Mario Channel wrote:Yeah. Mostly it's like Horiwaka and Wholstand and that guy from the Chinese sever that made versions.
Just because it isn't approved by joey doesn't mean that it isn't a thing. It's actually pretty advanced.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Super Mario Channel
Bit
Bit

Postby Super Mario Channel » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Yeah. I mean, I have SMBX 1.4.2 and it's has a lot of good stuff like Star Coins, PNG compatibility, new NPCs, and more settings.
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT PLZ

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:49 pm

It's always interesting to read about SMBX 2.0. Also yeah, it is fairly recent and I believe it was announced for the first time near the end of MAGLX2.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:13 pm

Super Mario Channel wrote:Yeah. I mean, I have SMBX 1.4.2 and it's has a lot of good stuff like Star Coins, PNG compatibility, new NPCs, and more settings.
2.0 also has star coins, png compatability, new NPCs, new characters, and more settings

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:16 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Super Mario Channel wrote:Yeah. I mean, I have SMBX 1.4.2 and it's has a lot of good stuff like Star Coins, PNG compatibility, new NPCs, and more settings.
2.0 also has star coins, png compatability, new NPCs, new characters, and more settings
what's that sound? I think it's a leak.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:18 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
Dragon coins? Star coins? You can make them do the same thing with Lua

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:07 pm

PixelPest wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:
PixelPest wrote: 2.0 also has star coins, png compatability, new NPCs, new characters, and more settings
Dragon coins? Star coins? You can make them do the same thing withet. Lua
While I admit I was too harsh, I don't think it counts if it's not been implemented yet. I do know that Raocoins 2 exists, but I don't know if it's been specifically made to do that yet.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:54 am

lighthouse64 wrote:
Tinkerbell wrote:
Just because it isn't approved by joey doesn't mean that it isn't a thing. It's actually pretty advanced.
Let's be honest 2.0 stands in the light and can do all of what 1.4 can do. 1.4 is extremly buggy also and has even more bugs then 2.0

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:14 am

I have never not "approved" it. Not "supporting" it means literally not offering help and support for it here. That doesn't mean I don't like or respect the program.

Anyway, hi MushHog. Welcome back to SMBX. As you can see, there's a lot that's happened during your absence. To recap:

- In late 2013, the new site for SMBX (this site) was launched and is the home for SMBX
- In early 2014, we released SMBX 1.3.0.1 which changes/fixes a few things pertaining to graphics and misc. stuff that could be done without altering the source code (since we, at the moment, don't have that)
- Wohlstand did a lot of research on SMBX and started development on a new engine called PGE
- Kil and Kevsoft developed LunaDLL and LunaLua (respectively), which allow extension of the base SMBX game
- Horikawa Otane, along with her team that includes users from raocow's Talkhaus, have been working on SMBX 2.0 - this version largely uses LunaLua to extend upon SMBX but also, as Horikawa said, does ASM work and other stuff to provide really interesting features without direct usage of the source code
- A person from China (often called "38A") developed a version of SMBX that is often called "1.4.1" or "1.4.2" despite having no affiliation with the main line of SMBX versions (it's uncertain what will happen with this build in the long run)

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:23 am

Joey wrote:- A person from China (often called "38A") developed a version of SMBX that is often called "1.4.1" or "1.4.2"
These are actually two different versions - 1.4.2 is just an update for 1.4.1.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:55 am

To be clear, the Chinese 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 are re-coded from the ground up; although they closely simulate 1.3 and include and expand upon its features they are not actually compatible with it.

- a spam account, 2016

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:14 am

I'm Wohlstand, not Wholstand, don't misspell ;)
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Super Mario Channel
Bit
Bit

Postby Super Mario Channel » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:25 am

PixelPest wrote:
Yeah, but does it have those WITHOUT LunaLUA/DLL? Or haw about those platforms from SMB1 with the pulleys? Does it have Blue Shell, Mega Mushroom, Mini Mushroom, Frog Suit, Propeller Mushroom, or Penguin Suits Power-Ups!?
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT PLZ

Return to “Help and Support”