Apocalypse of Foroze 2 [Teaser Trailer]

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Apocalypse of Foroze 2 [Teaser Trailer]

Postby Quill » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Some of you may remember a game called Apocalypse of Foroze that was released in April 2013. It's now time for the sequel to be officially revealed; this game will be much better and more innovative than its predecessor. Valtteri is also helping me a lot with ideas and graphical work.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Re: Apocalypse of Foroze 2: Shadows of Anthenia

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:02 pm

Once again, great job Quill!

BTW, are you gonna give us an update status any time soon?
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:59 pm

I have no new screenshots to show just yet, but I do have some interesting information to share.

- Each level will be fairly short. In the first level, you can get the checkpoint within a minute if you're quick enough. Levels will be normally around 2-4 minutes long and around 5-10 minutes if you decide to go for the new concept I'm introducing which is explained in the next point.
- Levels are much shorter but they hold many more secrets too. A new concept I'm introducing is having 5 Red Coins (this number may change) dotted around the level. This may not seem like much, but they will be in every level and if you collect them all, you'll get a nice prize for your efforts. No secret stars. These will be power-ups; you may get a Yoshi as a reward in the first level as an example.
- For most of the game, you can do worlds in any order you want. You have to do World 1 first, but even that has alternate paths. You get to do World 2, 3 and 4 in any order you want. Not sure about later worlds, but it'll probably be similar with the player being able to do World 5, 6 and 7 in any order they want leaving World 8 to the very end.
- There is only one star per world.
- Sometime in the beginning you'll unlock a very special hub-like place that is like an abandoned castle. Every time you complete a world you will unlock more paths in this level and will be able to discover more. It's very important in the long term.
- To give worlds some more personality, they'll have their own unique sub-plots and enemies. For example, World 3 will have pirates all over the place and there will be a whole story about what has happened to that world's star and who is fighting over it.

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:05 pm

My my, a sequel to one of the most popular within my audience. I look forward to the new game...hopefully in less time than 3 years!
The SMBX Let's Player, as303298 / Wraith Admanknight
Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/as303298?feature=mhee

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm so excited for 2018

In all seriousness, this actually looks pretty well designed, though, what bothers me is that the atmosphere from the levels shown in the screenshot is a bit generic.

And yes, i played the original apocalypse of foroze. So i think you should use a different level scheme.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Nien wrote:I'm so excited for 2018

In all seriousness, this actually looks pretty well designed, though, what bothers me is that the atmosphere from the levels shown in the screenshot is a bit generic.

And yes, i played the original apocalypse of foroze. So i think you should use a different level scheme.
Can you elaborate on different level schemes? Do you mean graphically?

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:00 pm

Quill wrote:
Nien wrote:I'm so excited for 2018

Can you elaborate on different level schemes? Do you mean graphically?
Yes, sorry, it's just that i have a very poor english vocabulary.

Kingbowser112
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Kingbowser112 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Hey! Thsi looks great! The screenshots are very nice. Well, I hoep that this finish now for downlaod in fast-mode the episode. However good job!
My signature: Kingbowser112

My Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119152147

My current project: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16313&p=235206#p235206

Jagermeister addicted :idea:

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

I support: Image

Mudkip
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Mudkip » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:14 am

There's a sequel to Apocalypse of Forzoe? Yo, Quill, u ar sexy as fuck ;D
I'm looking forward to this. Apocalypse of Foroze was always one of my favorite SMBX episodes :)

#quillfan
And with her heart of silver, Silva!

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:47 pm

I have a question for you all. Would you like to see demos of the game, or would you rather wait for the full release? Just a note, completing this game SHOULDN'T take like 4 years.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 am

Hehehe great to see this is getting a sequel. I can't wait to play it in 3 years.

Seriously though the screens look great. Will play.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Re: Apocalypse of Foroze 2 [Teaser Trailer]

Postby Quill » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:34 am

A teaser trailer has been uploaded, proving that I am still working on this game!

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:57 am

That looks great, Quill. The screenshots and videos of the first AoF always amazed people so I expect this episode to do the same. Good luck!

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby ElTipsta » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Quill wrote:A teaser trailer has been uploaded, proving that I am still working on this game!

I quite liked this trailer, all of the levels shown looked fun to play and were graphically appealing. I also noticed the transition of aesthetics of the AoF castles from 1 to it's sequel, seeing as the fortress shown looks even better then the fortresses in AoF1. I'm hoping that this time there is a bigger variety of castle themes, as one thing that disappointed me about AoF1 was that the general SMW Castle theme was reused throughout most of the fortresses in the game, including the secret fortress. Good luck on this project, I'm liking what is being shown so far! :)
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:40 pm

ElTipsta wrote:
Quill wrote:A teaser trailer has been uploaded, proving that I am still working on this game!

I quite liked this trailer, all of the levels shown looked fun to play and were graphically appealing. I also noticed the transition of aesthetics of the AoF castles from 1 to it's sequel, seeing as the fortress shown looks even better then the fortresses in AoF1. I'm hoping that this time there is a bigger variety of castle themes, as one thing that disappointed me about AoF1 was that the general SMW Castle theme was reused throughout most of the fortresses in the game, including the secret fortress. Good luck on this project, I'm liking what is being shown so far! :)
I'll tell you now that the castle shown in the trailer will be the only castle to have that tileset.

deadfish
Swooper
Swooper

Postby deadfish » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Yo kno dis iz faking gud.
Short levels? Yes!!! Pirates? Creative!
Levah design is good too, according to trailer, yo.
Yu knu, I lieked the first one mach. Su im weiting mech frum this une. :D
Unewis, yo kno, people eun't believe that it won't take 4 years no matter what yo say.
Wait I should stop using that grammar since I'm having english in school right now lol.
Spoiler: show
ImageCredits to Ace I think.

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby mariogeek2 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Holy crap! This looks amazing! I bet this'll be one of the best episodes, if not the best. I'm glad that you didn't recycle the original theme and style of the apocalypse of foroze and are going in a completely new direction with this episode.
Spoiler: show
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:10 pm

looks ok
Last edited by Valtteri on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User has been warned for this post.

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Murphmario » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:54 pm

This looks good. Can't wait to play it.

Also, I call Dibs on Apocalypse of Foroze 3!
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Trace
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Trace » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:52 am

i need this episode because i cant download the first episode anymore!

Return to “Projects”