SMB3 expanded GFX-pack v2.0 (download works again)

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Nikuman Yoshimoto
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: 2010 Ano Do Meu Sofrimento!

Re: SMB3 expanded GFX-pack v2.0 (NPCs and tileset-up ^^)

Postby Nikuman Yoshimoto » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Now I want to see some more: SMB3 snes rendered SMB3 nes graphics in this pack.
I'm support:
Spoiler: show

A.K.A. (also know as) Nikuman Yoshimoto and Yoshimoto87 in the SMBX community.

Tom376
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Tom376 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:57 am

Looks Amazing! Keep it up!

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Postby Superiorstar » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:33 pm

paulo ricardo wrote:Now I want to see some more: SMB3 snes rendered SMB3 nes graphics in this pack.
Sorry, he can't take requests.
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

Hatsune Blake
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: <3
Current Project: Nothing right now
Chat Username: Hatsune Blake

Postby Hatsune Blake » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:01 pm

How do you put this in PGE?
Hey. I don't really have anything to put here right now...

NathanBros
Pokey
Pokey

Postby NathanBros » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Really an awesome GFX pack !
Luigi Time!!!
Checkout my Mario blog (Portuguese): Jogos do Mario Bros.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:25 am

doomoocv wrote:How do you put this in PGE?
There's a tileset item box in PGE. Just copypaste the .tileset files in the folders and something will appear in that tileset item box.
im bored

Hatsune Blake
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: <3
Current Project: Nothing right now
Chat Username: Hatsune Blake

Postby Hatsune Blake » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:57 pm

Could you YouTube that?
Hey. I don't really have anything to put here right now...

bubbybubbabooboo
Goomba
Goomba

Postby bubbybubbabooboo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:18 am

Hey, this graphics pack is absolutely awesome.
One problem I am having is finding the buster beetle (npc-55), in the npc section it isn't there! Everything else I add in the level folder is there, except the buster beetle.
Can someone please help me find ncp-55/buster beetle.
Thanks.

dagget10
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: ******* ***** ***** **** (Secret)
Chat Username: Dagget10

Postby dagget10 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:26 am

Buster Beetle replaces the shell-less blue koopa from SMW
Eyyyy

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:15 am

The effect of the hammer brother is wrong

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

bubbybubbabooboo
Goomba
Goomba

Postby bubbybubbabooboo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:30 pm

dagget10 wrote:Buster Beetle replaces the shell-less blue koopa from SMW
Yeah but there are two blue shell-less koopas from SMW: npc-119 and npc-55. But npc-55 doesn't seem to show up anywhere when editing levels.

dagget10
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby dagget10 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:47 pm

npc-55 is in the lakitus are throwing lakitus tab
Eyyyy

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:24 pm

This is the stupidest nitpick, but as the Boomerang and Fire Bros use the Green and Red Koopa colors, I think the Yellow Koopa should use the Hammer Bro colors.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Hani
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Spring 봄

Postby Hani » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:45 pm

I love the graphics, but some of the graphics were too big it cut to halves. Can you try to fix the problem please? I would appreciate that :3

dagget10
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby dagget10 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:04 pm

You need the txt files too.
Eyyyy

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:41 pm

FoxyThePirFox wrote:I love the graphics, but some of the graphics were too big it cut to halves. Can you try to fix the problem please? I would appreciate that :3
By that if you mean, blocks and background objects, the only way to fix them is by using the PGE Editor. It allows you to use blocks and BGOs of any size, unlike SMBX, which causes them to appear cut in half. When placed through PGE and saved, when the level is opened through SMBX, those objects will display correctly, but if you attempt to move them they will revert to be cut in half.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:11 am

dagget10 wrote:You need the txt files too.
txt files only work for npcs though.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:13 pm

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 70#p134648
Please read.
I'm not saying at all that you're a bad graphic designer, but when there's always a txt file with "Sorry for the cutoff effect ^_^;", and you're forced to make stuff that isn't from the game and is custom (e.g. big and biggest boo) instead of stuff that IS from the game, it puts a regretful taste in my mouth. You are doing a great job with ideas such as brick goomba replacing Fighter Fly, SMA4 Lakitu over SMW Lakitu... but this stuff is obviously designed to fit SMBX, not designed to fit your drawings (unless SMBX ALLOWS your original art to be created). I understand most of the enjoyment from this is seeing other people use your graphics, but let me just say I could not do what you do if I had to tailor it to SMBX. What I'm saying is I feel kind of bad for you having to fit your cool sprites to SMBX limitations, you know?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:49 pm

I have been useing these graphics, but I did lose them when updating my PC, since it ran out of space! I want to co gratualte you again on the fince and [n]ice graphics...

ImageImageImage

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest "Relowserd"

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:59 am

Sorry for the late replys. I was busy, but later forgot to answer here. I try to prevent that in the future :-/
Sirmentio wrote:These graphics are absolutely beautiful! It actually keeps the feel of Super Mario bros 3. 8/10.
Thank you. It is always a challenge to make new stuff for a graphic style, but still try to keep it's original feel. It is a bit like "lying" to the game that it always had these tilesets, even knowing they are new made.
MarioMaster7771 wrote:This freaking looks amazing! I am definitely use this graphic pack for my next levels! Kudos, bro. ;)
May them be helpful for you. Maybe I can bring out another update within the next months.
Aviici wrote:Oh men I love these GFXs ‹33
I downloaded this and I find excelent graphics here! this pack definetely will be util for me, I'm looking forward to see more of your HD graphics!
Thank you very much ^^.
Things like this makes it fun to do these graphics. Hopefully you got everything you needed :-).
doomoocv wrote:I AM SOLD.
All of the GFX looks incredible!
Thanks. I guess afterall it was worth all the trouble, to do this pack ^^. Sometimes SMBX can be frustrating with all its problems, but still, it is much fun to do them too.
paulo ricardo wrote:Now I want to see some more: SMB3 snes rendered SMB3 nes graphics in this pack.
This is something you may see in the future. I already did that for SMB2 and SMB1, so it can be of great fun to do these kind of GFX for SMB3 too.
Tom376 wrote:Looks Amazing! Keep it up!
Thank you. I will try to do that ^^
Superiorstar wrote:
Sorry, he can't take requests.
Usually you are right, but I think of his comment more as a suggestion, since it is something I also did for my other two expanded GFX-packs :-).
But still, I cannot promise it to happen.
doomoocv wrote:How do you put this in PGE?
It simply works like with SMBX, but you also put the ".tileset"-file in too, that is located in a tilesets folder. You then will hace a custom tileset under the "custom" tab in the tileset itembox in PGE :-).
NathanBros wrote:Really an awesome GFX pack !
Thanky a lot. I try to make it more "awesome" within the next months ;-D
bubbybubbabooboo wrote:Hey, this graphics pack is absolutely awesome.
One problem I am having is finding the buster beetle (npc-55), in the npc section it isn't there! Everything else I add in the level folder is there, except the buster beetle.
Can someone please help me find ncp-55/buster beetle.
Thanks.
When you use this GFX-pack, I suggest you to use it together with PGE by "Wohlstand", since it is way more user-friendly than the editor of SMBX. In PGE, you have custom tileset-arrangements in the "Tileset Itembox", where you also can find the buster beetle :-).
Snessy the duck wrote:The effect of the hammer brother is wrong
Ah yes - this one already has been reported before, but thank you for reporting it anyways :-).
When I do the next update, that error will be fixed then.
FanofSMBX wrote:This is the stupidest nitpick, but as the Boomerang and Fire Bros use the Green and Red Koopa colors, I think the Yellow Koopa should use the Hammer Bro colors.
I got the colors for the blue koopa shells from the buzzy beetles, while I took the yellow colors from the "Gold Cheep Cheep", that was not used in SMB3.
Your suggestion is already used by other people I guess, but I used the color of the gold cheep cheep, because it looks more like yellow than orange.
Also, as a small disclaimer, I do not edit the graphics to see if people using my GFX (I saw you posting that in some thread), but simply to remove redundant or unfitting details from them, that are not looking so nice in my opinion. But you still have a funny view of that ;-).
Also, thanks for your suggestion ^^.
FoxyThePirFox wrote:I love the graphics, but some of the graphics were too big it cut to halves. Can you try to fix the problem please? I would appreciate that :3
Just as Squishy Rex has said, if you like to use every graphic in this pack without these issues, I suggest you to use the PGE instead, as PGE edits the .lvl file directly when you place a block, while SMBX is not able to do so. Because of that, you have these cutoffs. I am sorry for that inconvenience, but PGE is just more useful than the SMBX-editor, for many reasons.
Once you get used to PGE (it is not so hard, really), you will sure enjoy the benefits of it :-).
FanofSMBX wrote:http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 70#p134648
Please read.
I'm not saying at all that you're a bad graphic designer, but when there's always a txt file with "Sorry for the cutoff effect ^_^;", and you're forced to make stuff that isn't from the game and is custom (e.g. big and biggest boo) instead of stuff that IS from the game, it puts a regretful taste in my mouth. You are doing a great job with ideas such as brick goomba replacing Fighter Fly, SMA4 Lakitu over SMW Lakitu... but this stuff is obviously designed to fit SMBX, not designed to fit your drawings (unless SMBX ALLOWS your original art to be created). I understand most of the enjoyment from this is seeing other people use your graphics, but let me just say I could not do what you do if I had to tailor it to SMBX. What I'm saying is I feel kind of bad for you having to fit your cool sprites to SMBX limitations, you know?
First, thank you for your kind words. You are right about the problems with SMBX having death effects that dosn't align to the frameboxes (like Sidestepper, Spiny), but only
to the hitboxes (like Boos, Thwomps), or not at all (like Goombas, squished Rex). I would be glad when that would just not be present anymore, but as long as things like PGE are notremotely done, I will adapt to SMBX's problems as good as I can, because to my knowledge it is the best level editor of it's kind in existence. I already checked out SMUprising, but it will not be like SMBX is (and I honestly can already see that the creator of that is not going to finish his work onto SMUprising).
What I can promise you, is that once PGE is finished (in case it will get finished) I will do a lot of work to make all the graphics be more useful and be more close to the original from SMB3, than they are at the moment (the brick goomba for example).
Yes, sometimes it is not nice to discover a new bug (like I did when you suggested giant bomb-effects, magic potions etc. for the giant GFX-pack ^^), but then again, it can be fun to search for solutions. And when I cannot find a solution, then I don't care any longer, until I get a new idea. That is the only way we can work here with.
But if you think that Redigit did some serious lazy coding (not meant as an insult) and had a terrible way to arrange his stuff in SMBX, then I am totally on your side ;-D.
One can clearly see that he just copypasted all the code for all the Goombas over and over again, since all the squished deatheffects are suffering from the same bugs, no matter if Goomba, squished Rex, or beach koopas ^^.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I have been useing these graphics, but I did lose them when updating my PC, since it ran out of space! I want to co gratualte you again on the fince and [n]ice graphics...
Thank you very much. I need to say that you maybe should do more levels, and maybe this pack can be of help there ^^.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Lua-rank:Image

Return to “Graphics”