Flowery Grassland Tileset

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby 8lue Storm » Fri May 03, 2019 7:27 pm

UPDATE (07/18/2019)
now includes a good backgroundo i made and 64searchman46's edits/inclusions
screenshot
Spoiler: show
Image
download credit goes to me AAAND mainly to 64searchman46
OLD
Spoiler: show
or just regular grassland idk
screenshots
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
this background is not mine
download all credit goes to me
Last edited by 8lue Storm on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby KBorg64 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:51 pm

It's simple, but I like it. It looks nice, I might try this out.
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
AirShip
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:30 am
Flair: The Flying Ghost
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby AirShip » Sat May 04, 2019 12:04 am

The beauty & simplicity of minimalism.

Good work.

Believe in the me that believe in you!

________________________________________________________

The ABC of Creation

________________________________________________________

Check out my project!

Image

________________________________________________________

Check out my GFX pack!

Image


User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby 8lue Storm » Sat May 04, 2019 12:05 am

64searchman46 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:51 pm
It's simple, but I like it. It looks nice, I might try this out.
AirShip wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:04 am
The beauty of minimalism.

Good work.
Thank you both! I'm glad you appreciate it.
Image

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

User avatar
1di_Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1884
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby 1di_Scroll » Sat May 04, 2019 12:23 am

The screenshot just shows a little part of how the tileset would be used, you may take other with it being used to a bigger potential. Looks good so far though

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby Eri7 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:40 am

I like it too, good job 8luestorm!

User avatar
Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: nyā (にゃー)

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby Rhosty » Sat May 04, 2019 2:55 am

You did a good job on these...
Image omg zoom is absolute trash, why does my school still use it

User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby 8lue Storm » Sat May 04, 2019 4:43 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:23 am
The screenshot just shows a little part of how the tileset would be used, you may take other with it being used to a bigger potential.
Gladly.
Spoiler: show
Image
has been added to the first post too
Image

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1501
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby MegaDood » Sun May 05, 2019 5:05 am

These would work well for a first world and simple grasslands. Well done on this.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby Eri7 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:09 am

MegaDood wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:05 am
These would work well for a first world and simple grasslands. Well done on this.
It's kinda obvious it would, also nice 8luestorm, you added a new screenshot.

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby KBorg64 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Hey do plan on expanding the tileset with more blocks? Such as bottom blocks and slopes for the ground.
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
PROX
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby PROX » Mon May 06, 2019 4:52 am

Simple, but effective. I think you should shade the left and right edges more. As it stands, it looks a bit flat.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

Please do not use my stuff until I release it. Thank you.

Collab Project I'm working on:

Image

My Graphics Pack:
Image

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby 8lue Storm » Mon May 06, 2019 2:33 pm

64searchman46 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:44 pm
Hey do plan on expanding the tileset with more blocks? Such as bottom blocks and slopes for the ground.
I don't plan to do so, making tiles for me is kind of a pain, and they rarely end up good.
This one was just... luck, I guess?
If anyone wants to expand it, feel free to do so :>
Image

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby KBorg64 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:16 pm

8lue Storm wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:33 pm
64searchman46 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:44 pm
Hey do plan on expanding the tileset with more blocks? Such as bottom blocks and slopes for the ground.
I don't plan to do so, making tiles for me is kind of a pain, and they rarely end up good.
This one was just... luck, I guess?
If anyone wants to expand it, feel free to do so :>
I could try and expand the tileset, if that's alright. When I finish the expanded tileset, would you like me post here/send it to you?
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby 8lue Storm » Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 pm

64searchman46 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:16 pm
8lue Storm wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:33 pm
64searchman46 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:44 pm
Hey do plan on expanding the tileset with more blocks? Such as bottom blocks and slopes for the ground.
I don't plan to do so, making tiles for me is kind of a pain, and they rarely end up good.
This one was just... luck, I guess?
If anyone wants to expand it, feel free to do so :>
I could try and expand the tileset, if that's alright. When I finish the expanded tileset, would you like me post here/send it to you?
That's alright, if you do it you can post it here and I'll update the topic :)
Image

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby KBorg64 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:46 pm

8lue Storm wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 pm
64searchman46 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:16 pm
8lue Storm wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:33 pm

I don't plan to do so, making tiles for me is kind of a pain, and they rarely end up good.
This one was just... luck, I guess?
If anyone wants to expand it, feel free to do so :>
I could try and expand the tileset, if that's alright. When I finish the expanded tileset, would you like me post here/send it to you?
That's alright, if you do it you can post it here and I'll update the topic :)
All right, but I warn it may take a little while as I have a lot of school work atm.
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby 8lue Storm » Tue May 07, 2019 5:01 pm

64searchman46 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:46 pm
All right, but I warn it may take a little while as I have a lot of school work atm.
That's fine, take your time :>
Image

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby KBorg64 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:58 pm

Should I have the images formatted as .gifs, .png, or both? I can also make an optional tileset file for SMBX2.
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby Eri7 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:08 am

64searchman46 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:58 pm
Should I have the images formatted as .gifs, .png, or both? I can also make an optional tileset file for SMBX2.
8luestorm uses 2.0 so probably .png.

User avatar
Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: nyā (にゃー)

Re: Flowery Grassland Tileset

Postby Rhosty » Wed May 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:08 am
64searchman46 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:58 pm
Should I have the images formatted as .gifs, .png, or both? I can also make an optional tileset file for SMBX2.
8luestorm uses 2.0 so probably .png.
I think you're supposed to format them as gifs though
Image omg zoom is absolute trash, why does my school still use it


Return to “Graphics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests