Darkland Tileset

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
superhammerbros100
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Hello fellow profile reader!
Current Project: Getting back to SMBX, I guess?

Re: Darkland Tileset

Postby superhammerbros100 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:16 am

The darkland looks WAY better now.

But the piranha plant is still pink.

(Why do you want constructive criticism? It's just a recolor.)
I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
sleepy had to betray us

HVMetal
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: SMBX: The Mushroom Island

Postby HVMetal » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:26 am

superhammerbros100 wrote:The darkland looks WAY better now.

But the piranha plant is still pink.

(Why do you want constructive criticism? It's just a recolor.)
The piranha plant may be still pink but at least it looks better now in my opinion. ( Yeah, the last one was really weird )
To be fair, this is the secondary reason because I keep making these gfx, because I think people like it!
But thanks :)

Mario Forever : All-Stars 3 - A massive collaboration project led by Looper. Might be worth to check out :v

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:22 am

HVMetal wrote:First: Since that game is my favorite Mario game I will stay loyal to it.
Dude, I needed an inspiration for these graphics, and the main reason for making them because I need them for my episode.
I uploaded on the forums because I tought people will like them. I dont really care of haters but who are trying to give at least a little constructive critism they are welcome.
I also recolored some stuff and I've uploaded a new screenshot, now it looks more like the original :)
What does the community really find acceptable? Candy world? Another episode with full of hammer suits and easy like ...?
Some people may like it and they are also the part of the community. If they deny this then it's not my problem, I can't make everything perfect.
And when people start showing me 100 reasons why its not good then I sometimes ignore it, but because we started this "war" I changed some stuff.
Have a nice day!
-K I hope you know that likely only you will use these gfx then. But there's nothing wrong with that.
-I hope you realize that "the venus fire trap doesn't fit with anythig else change it to fit everything else" was constructive criticism and when we were saying that we weren't "hating" on you, we were genuinely trying to help you improve your graphics to our community standards.
-What does the community find acceptable? Why don't you LOOK AROUND and find out what is popular instead of pulling remarks like that out of your ass.
-This "war" only started because you'd rather reject constructive criticism and not ignore the general consensus of what's acceptable.

If you want any of your future graphics to be accepted, I suggest you become a little more open minded
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Eternity
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Eternity » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:46 am

Haven't seen the original version so v(o_o)v, but if the pink leaves are supposed to differentiate the Venus Fire Traps from regular Piranha Plants a bit more I think it would be better to recolor the "head" instead (something red maybe). Otherwise it doesn't really look bad, but using the same gray for pretty much every NPC makes it look a bit boring, and some of them (e.g. Spiny) blend in a little bit with the background.
aka Aeon.

TheNinjaCake
Rex
Rex
Current Project: Mario and Luigi: The Long Haul
Chat Username: TheNinjaCakes

Postby TheNinjaCake » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:32 am

I like it, but the ground is way too dark for the dirt, npcs and pipes!
The Essentials

~~ TheNinjaCake: Silent but Tasty ~~

HVMetal
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: SMBX: The Mushroom Island

Postby HVMetal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:08 am

TheNinjaCake wrote:I like it, but the ground is way too dark for the dirt, npcs and pipes!
Yep, I noticed that and I will fix it later. Thanks.

Return to “Graphics”