SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v7.0 - final (PGE)update!

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: local guy
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v5.0 [Final Version]

Postby RudeGuy » Sun May 04, 2014 8:21 am

The custom graphics (like lines and platforms) are so fantastic! And finally someone made a Water Fountain for the wales (though with wrong colors)!
Whenever I see these graphics, I think of a level to do!
im bored

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sun May 04, 2014 8:23 am

I know you say that this is the final version, but I think it would be extraordinarily helpful if you included the SMB2 Mario and Luigi playable with all of the power-ups.
previously known as Kep

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Sun May 04, 2014 8:36 am

Wizard wrote:I know you say that this is the final version, but I think it would be extraordinarily helpful if you included the SMB2 Mario and Luigi playable with all of the power-ups.
Or may only the SMB2 Mario and Luigi with leaf and the Tanooki suit. I just made the other.
im bored

Reign
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Yet untitled.

Postby Reign » Sun May 04, 2014 11:42 am

Those new graphics... *faints*.

I don't suppose you'll create more graphics based on requests? :p The only thing I'd need for my episode now would be numbers from 0 to 9 as background objects (not larger than 32x32). Or if anyone knows of such graphics, not necessarily SMB2 styled, I'd be grateful if I was told where to find them. ;)
Episodes released:

Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: in progress

Postby Veudekato » Mon May 05, 2014 4:05 am

golden palace already make h2643
My channel (news about PlatGEnWohl , PlatGEnWohl tutorials,LunaDll ,and SMBX tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

If you want to make full screenshot of your level (big screenshot - screen of whole section) , just tell me via PM!

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:20 am

Nah, I made a few ugly golden palace blocks, but that doesn't matter because Sednaiur's are a lot better!

Mudkip
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ZA BARUDO

Postby Mudkip » Mon May 05, 2014 11:51 am

where do you get the inspiration and the mood to do so much work. I mean come on, I'm happy when I'm in the mood to import 5 NPCs to SMBX!
And with her heart of silver, Silva!

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest "Relowserd"

Postby Sednaiur » Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 pm

HealthyMario wrote:That is absolutely amazing! Since they're not many graphics of SMB2 in this community, this will definitely increase the number of levels made using these tremendous amount of graphics! Also, will you made a recoloured SMB3 version of this gfx pack? Because with that this will gain a lot more popularity.
Oh i feared already, that someone would ask xD Just kidding :-P
Yes i already thought about that, and that was just Yesterday. But i doubt i can do it in the next Time, as there is literally a Tower of Work in Front of me, that contains also Work on my Project, Work on something that i like to release later this Day (it is something for SMW), and more Things from VL to RL. I am sorry for that :-/
Christian07 wrote:The custom graphics (like lines and platforms) are so fantastic! And finally someone made a Water Fountain for the wales (though with wrong colors)!
Whenever I see these graphics, I think of a level to do!
So you have caught me redhanded :-P. The only Thing i could get, was the Top of the Fountain, so i had to make the "stem" from Scratch, but i did like to use the direct Water-Palette, instead of this greenish blue. I still have to take a Look how to make it work better (the Fountain replaces the jumping Piranha Plant), because one can see the lower Parts of the Fountain in Front of the Whales (i did hope that the GFX of the Plant acts just like normal stationary Plants, but i was fooled again). Also thanks for the Feedback :-)
Wizard wrote:I know you say that this is the final version, but I think it would be extraordinarily helpful if you included the SMB2 Mario and Luigi playable with all of the power-ups.
I have many Weaknesses, and Playables are one of them, what is the Reason why i never have made any Playables in all of my SMBX-Life (except for a revamped Mario-Playable for my Project so far).
I better leave this to other People, who are more skilled with Playables :-P
Reign wrote:I don't suppose you'll create more graphics based on requests? :p The only thing I'd need for my episode now would be numbers from 0 to 9 as background objects (not larger than 32x32). Or if anyone knows of such graphics, not necessarily SMB2 styled, I'd be grateful if I was told where to find them. ;)
To be honest, i did like to fulfill your Request, as it is just very simple, but i just found out, there are not enough 32x32 BGOs left. But you are right about me not taking Requests (usually), except when they are simple and not too much Work. Maybe i take Requests in the Future, but for now i don't have any free Time, and i don't like to stumble anymore than i already do ^^.
Veudekato wrote:golden palace already make h2643
The Blocks from me are somewhat custom made, as i have edited the original Blocks from SMB2 before i have expanded them. I do this with all of my Extensions, because i like to remove Cutoffs, some Details i simply dosn't like, or to set everything up differently, so i can expand them more easily (hence the missing dark golden Block that is featured in the original GFX). I tried to arrange everything so, that it can be used under most Circumstances :-)
Mudkip wrote:where do you get the inspiration and the mood to do so much work. I mean come on, I'm happy when I'm in the mood to import 5 NPCs to SMBX!
It is Fun for me, because it not just helps me, but also others too. When i have an Idea, but i see (or more preciesly "think" to see) there is no such GFX already existing, then i go and make it. But often i get carried away with that, what starts like with my Giant GFX-Pack, or like with this Pack xD. Well, it is just very much Fun to provide Things and make something from Scratch too ^^
But i also hope, that there will be some SMB2-styled Episodes too in the Future. That is one of the Reasons why i have created a whole Worldmap-GFX-Pack for SMB2.
And also a big "thanks" for all the Feedback and Critism. When there is something wrong, or something that could be improved, just tell me here, and i can see, if i can do it then ^^

愛している、ビアンカ!

Lua-rank:Image

Spoiler: show

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Mon May 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Sednaiur wrote:I still have to take a Look how to make it work better (the Fountain replaces the jumping Piranha Plant), because one can see the lower Parts of the Fountain in Front of the Whales (i did hope that the GFX of the Plant acts just like normal stationary Plants, but i was fooled again).
May I find a solution for this. In SMBX there are 2 moving foreground BGOs and I can change them to the actual SMB2 water BGO. The player also can't reach that BGOs without cheating, because they are under the whale. I tried this and it functions!
im bored

FutureNyanCat2014
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby FutureNyanCat2014 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:04 am

Can you upload this to Mediafire? Filesmelt is down for me.

EDIT: It's back on! I will download this.
ImageImageImageImage
Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/
"F*ck you Einstein! Let's make a level with water + lava!" ~FutureNyanCat2014, 05/05/14
FutureNyanCat2002: Big Fan of Valtteri Since 2013

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Fri May 09, 2014 3:37 pm

FutureNyanCat2014 wrote:Can you upload this to Mediafire? Filesmelt is down for me.

EDIT: It's back on! I will download this.
It really seems, that FileSmelt isn't the best Site anyways, as it gives me that "array"-Messages again, instead of any functional Page :-/
I guess is will switch again...

Also thank you very much for downloading the Pack. I hope it comes in handy ^^

愛している、ビアンカ!

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon May 26, 2014 6:29 pm

There's a major bug with a lot of Shyguy NPCs. Fireballs bounce off the top of them.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Mon May 26, 2014 8:27 pm

You did an smb2 world map? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU (breath) THANK YOU!!!
Jesus is my savior.

superhammerbros100
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Hello fellow profile reader!
Current Project: Getting back to SMBX, I guess?

Postby superhammerbros100 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:34 pm

O_O, Never have seen something so cool! wow.. we have so much to see! i am not worried because this is final version, the pack haves alot of graphics! everyone can see you made hard work, :mrgreen: well i will never be so cool to make something like that but really
ur really zooming in to see this
I support:
ImageImage
sleepy had to betray us

Magna DominXus
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Magna DominXus » Mon May 26, 2014 11:43 pm

This is too spectacular to even explain how awesome this is. But the best part is definity THE SUPER SEXY WORLD MAP TILES ZOMG IM JIZZING HELP ME ITS TOO AWESOME. Good job, if I could still make levels, I'd definetly use this.
This is me on the forums.
I'm the ultamite mage!

Come join my drawing contest: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =49&t=2525
Judging starts now, no more participants allowed to join from now on.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue May 27, 2014 10:21 pm

I have an unfortunate problem that makes this pack very difficult to use. A lot of blocks aren't put together, the full tileset is split in many windows - there's not really a logical place for the tile palette. It's kinda like "Oh boy I better remember that these bottom tiles are in the SMB3 grass! Where's the slopes... Oh the SMW cave!" I'm sorry but this makes it rather irritating to make a full level. Could you please help me with this conundrum?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:02 am

FanofSMBX wrote:There's a major bug with a lot of Shyguy NPCs. Fireballs bounce off the top of them.
I guess, you know why this is, right ^^? But i will explain. The fireball of the player is an NPC, just like the Shy Guys themself. Since the Shy Guys are flagged with the "npcblocktop=1"-flag, the fireballs bounce on top of them. This will happen, no matter if they are vulnerable to fire, or not. I could change them to "npcblocktop=0", but then they cannot walk on top of each other. I will think about changing it, since in the original (as far as i remember) they could not walk on top of each other :-)
HenryRichard1234 wrote:You did an smb2 world map? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU (breath) THANK YOU!!!
Oh no problem xD - i am happy when i can help ^^ Thank you.
superhammerbros100 wrote:O_O, Never have seen something so cool! wow.. we have so much to see! i am not worried because this is final version, the pack haves alot of graphics! everyone can see you made hard work, :mrgreen: well i will never be so cool to make something like that but really
ur really zooming in to see this
Thank you very much for your words :-D. Well, maybe this is not the finalest final version, since i...there may come one more update with sone little fixes here and there, and also with some new blocks. But this is not promised.
Magna DominXus wrote:This is too spectacular to even explain how awesome this is. But the best part is definity THE SUPER SEXY WORLD MAP TILES ZOMG IM JIZZING HELP ME ITS TOO AWESOME. Good job, if I could still make levels, I'd definetly use this.
Thanks as its really cool to "hear" that ^^ I always liked to do something like a worldmap for SMB2, but since there was never some GFX for it, i just made it. PS: You were listening to DKTF-soundtracks too, some days ago on YT, right ? Saw your comment on it ^^
FanofSMBX wrote:I have an unfortunate problem that makes this pack very difficult to use. A lot of blocks aren't put together, the full tileset is split in many windows - there's not really a logical place for the tile palette. It's kinda like "Oh boy I better remember that these bottom tiles are in the SMB3 grass! Where's the slopes... Oh the SMW cave!" I'm sorry but this makes it rather irritating to make a full level. Could you please help me with this conundrum?
I am sorry, but i did my best with the arrangement. I don't think that i can do it any better, sorry. I tried to put in as much as possible, but since there are just not enough slots in SMBX, i cannot make it more comfortable to use :-/.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v6.0 [hot butt-edition ^^]

Postby Sednaiur » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:04 pm

I never had intended to make this in the first place, but then i realised that it would be cool, to have a volcano-world in SMB2 Doki Doki Mario, right ^^ ?
So i just made it, so we at least can make a volcano-themed world then. I also have added some small additional stuff, to round the update up.

New content includes:
Volcanic overworld-tileset
Volcanic underground-tileset
Volcanic worldmap-tileset (can be swapped with the indoor underground-worldmap-tileset)
4 new backgrounds to go along with the volcanic theme
Some new Pidgits, facing different directions (replacing several Cheep Cheeps)
Some new BGOs for the already existing tilesets
Skull Blocks (just to fill up that lonely unanimated lavatile in the "SMB3 Hurts"-section :-P)
SMB2-styled power-ups, like the Fireflower, the Iceflower, the racoon stick, or the Hammer/Tanuki-pods

Also did i clean up the order of some GFX a bit (now we can use the Hoopster again on the small palmtree-stems).

Now this pack covers almost everything, i hope ^^

愛している、ビアンカ!

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Volcanic blocks and BGs and some custom power-up graphics? Looks good.
Probably I'll make a volcanic level, if the graphics are good and if I found some good World-Map GFX to place somewhere this level.
im bored

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: learning C through PSP game programming

Postby Axiom » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:13 pm

hot butt edition/10
what am I??? doing

- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses Unity Remake
- Florida Van Man YouTube Channel, where I DIY repair Sprinter vans.
- 3 small games in development

Return to “Graphics”