SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v7.0 - final (PGE)update!

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest "Relowserd"

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets (quick Update)

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:23 am

FanofSMBX wrote:Thanks for making my request! I like the big door too! ^^
Hey hold on a minute! I wanted to use all of these tiles together to make the ultimate SMB2 level! Now I won't be able to use Snow, Desert etc!
Thank you :-)
About the Tilesets that will replace other ones, i have planned to make it this Way: Snow replaces Grass, Ice replaces Underground, Wood replaces Warts Castle and Desert replaces Grass aswell.
About not not being able to put all Tilesets of SMB2 together at the same Time, you could do it, but then you have to skip on all the custom-ones i have made. Then it would fit for sure :-P
TNTtimelord wrote:Anyways, these should really come in handy for one of my personal levels, especially the overworld stuff.
This is very nice to read ^^. When all this is of any Help, then it serves its Purpose at least. Thank you.
Christian07 wrote:You make a vase which work as a bullet cannon, wow. Now the pidgit projectiles styled SMB2 have a use!
To be honest, i didn't planned it from the Beginning, but then i've got the Idea of making these grabable Vases, and everything just keeped going xD. I will for sure make an "Toilet Blaster" that shoots Toilets in the Future.
Darkonius Mavakar wrote:This is way too amazing, i never made smb2 levels, but these tilesets, ooh these tilesets makes me wanna make a level
Thank you as always :-D. I never have build any SMB2 Levels so far (except in the Past, when i have learned to use SMBX), but i also like to build a SMB2 Level, just for the Fun of it. I think after making the next Level for my Project, i will build one for SMB2 ^^.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Lua-rank:Image

Spoiler: show

xtremegamer51
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: The Lost Island

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets (quick Update)

Postby xtremegamer51 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:36 am

The update seems really awesome.I like how you were able to make the vases into a bullet bill launcher.I think my favorite thing would have to be the phanto door.Just a question,do you plan on expanding other tilesets from other games?Like smw and smb3 etc
Open the door,get on the floor,everybody do the DINOSAUR!
ImageImage
I support...
Irc chat messages of glory.
[20:49] <RedPanda> WHO WANNA PLAY GARRYS MOD M8S!??!
[20:49] <kinoko> I can play MK8
[20:49] <RedPanda> You win
[20:50] <RedPanda> Gotta put that line in my signature

[15:00] <Xtremegamer51> Captain R U Redy 4 Freddeh?
[15:00] <CaptainAmerica> Xtremegamer51 Thanks but I'm not gay.
[15:01] <CaptainAmerica> I don't want to be with Freddy.
I go by the name,RedPanda,and Xtremegamer51 on the IRC chat room. C:

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets - Full Version

Postby Sednaiur » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:41 pm

I put up a new Downlad-Link with the full Version of the SMB2-Expanded Tilesets-Pack.
Now i think i need to do somekind of Mini-Episode with around 8 to 10 Levels with it, so i can see if something is still missing :-P

@xtremegamer51: Thank you very much ^^. I think i will expand more upon the Ceramics Launcher in the Future, but i also have an Idea for an gigantic Phanto-Door.
Also yes, there will be other GFX-Packs like this, that will feature SMB1, SMB3 and SMW-Graphics. I will work next on the SMB1 Expension GFX-Pack.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Well, you beat me to making those ice and snow tilesets! Your stuff looks really good, those pyramid tileset extensions also seemed like an obvious addition to me. Thanks for these, I'll definitely be using them.

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Finally somebody made the SMB2 Snow Overworld Tileset! Nobody did that before! Sednaiur, your work is always AWESOME!!! You're really THE BEST here in making graphics like THIS! Thank you......!

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:59 pm

After looking through the pack, I still think it's very beautiful and will come in handy, but there's one thing that bothers me. A good portion of this stuff has been made years ago by other users, including zephyr, myself and FallingSnow. I understand that you want to make everything from scratch yourself, maybe to avoid any kind of flaws, but it would still be nice if you started from where other people have left off and credited the users who imported those graphics to SMBX for the first time.

Zant
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Zant » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:32 am

These are the most awesome & creative tileset extensions i've ever seen, great work!

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: local guy
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:05 am

Uhh, wow, I really like the snow tileset, especially the snow spikes. Wow.
im bored

moemoe02
Rex
Rex

Postby moemoe02 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:52 am

These look really fantastic! You expanded every single tileset in SMB2, tilesets always fascinate me, the outside castle ones are the best tileset you made with this pack, I'm downloading this now! :)
PLEASE READ THIS:
1. I only let board administrators lock my topics, if you ask me if you wanna lock a topic made by me, PLEASE ASK
2. NO E-MAILING, only private message me
<bossedit8> WHAT IS WITH THESE DONUTS SERIOUSLY?

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets 3.0 - extended Version

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:39 pm

I have updated the Toppost with an new Download-Link for the Pack.
It now contains a huge Selection of NPCs and also have almost all the Backgrounds from the original Game (i think the only ones missing are the Icecube-Background and a Variation of the Night Overworld-Background). Have Fun with it ^^
h2643 wrote:Finally somebody made the SMB2 Snow Overworld Tileset! Nobody did that before! Sednaiur, your work is always AWESOME!!! You're really THE BEST here in making graphics like THIS! Thank you......!
Thank you - I am glad you like it :-). I needed to do some Graphics that are not related to my Project, so here they are ^^
BloodElf300 wrote:These are the most awesome & creative tileset extensions i've ever seen, great work!
Wow thank you very much :-D. I really hope they will proof useful for others.
Christian07 wrote:Uhh, wow, I really like the snow tileset, especially the snow spikes. Wow.
Thank you ^^ Maybe i can do a fully custom-made Tileset in the Future - a Volcano-Tileset.
moemoe02 wrote:These look really fantastic! You expanded every single tileset in SMB2, tilesets always fascinate me, the outside castle ones are the best tileset you made with this pack, I'm downloading this now! :)
Thanks a lot ^^.
Valtteri wrote:After looking through the pack, I still think it's very beautiful and will come in handy, but there's one thing that bothers me. A good portion of this stuff has been made years ago by other users, including zephyr, myself and FallingSnow. I understand that you want to make everything from scratch yourself, maybe to avoid any kind of flaws, but it would still be nice if you started from where other people have left off and credited the users who imported those graphics to SMBX for the first time.
Sorry for the late Reply :-/
I thought about this, when i have started this Pack (i didn't forget what you suggested back in the other Days - with the SMW-wooden Tileset).
But i didn't do it because of three Reasons. First, when i do an Expansion, i first edit the original Tiles, to remove Things i don't like on them (minor Cutoff, color-Changes etc.). I don't like to just expand Tilesets on how they are. It's somekind of Hobby for me to alter some Things and then make more of it. For Example i remove 8x8-style from Fillertiles, like it is with the SMB3 Sandstone-Tileset.
The second Reason is, that i like to give more of an Alternative, than a Replacement. I don't like to "steal" Work from others. At least that is, what i partly see it as :-/.
Also, no matter if i resume Work or not, for me it takes the same if not more Amount of Work, when i edit other Peoples Graphics. It's not because they are not as good. It's just because i like to do Things from Scratch, instead of work on something, that is half done.

If you like to tell me, who made which Expansions before me, i can put a Notice about that into the Folder of the Pack. I just don't know enough about the Community, so i never know if someone already have made something before. I am sorry.
I put something like a Disclaimer on the Toppost, where it says that i am not the first who have expanded some of the Tilesets.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets v3.0 - extended Version

Postby Murphmario » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:10 pm

This is great, now you just need Smb2 Mario and Luigi with all suits. Sorry if this is too much.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

moemoe02
Rex
Rex

Postby moemoe02 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:08 pm

WHOA! It looks like I see new content that's most likely based on NPCs now! Like, you made winged shy-guys, even giant ones, one with a scary face yelling boo, Birdo with grass hair, meaner Wart, those birds riding carpets, giant sparks, that bird that drops bombs, bombs that you can stomp on and loses it's feet a lot like the SMB3 one, Snifit Statues, that snake that's probably like that SMB3 rainbow pipe with a blue Pirannah Plant, small vases that you can break like Yoshi eggs, character blocks, new Hawk Exit Face, a brick kind of pillar with a pink top, the fairy that can be seen in the SMB2 ending that possibly replaces that Zelda fairy, It's all the bomb and I will be using these for future levels! :D
PLEASE READ THIS:
1. I only let board administrators lock my topics, if you ask me if you wanna lock a topic made by me, PLEASE ASK

xtremegamer51
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: The Lost Island

Postby xtremegamer51 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:25 pm

This is some cool stuff,I think the giant scary shy guy saying boo is my favorite,perhaps you can make a small version of it?
Just want to know,while you do make graphics packs like this smb2 one,the giant gfx and etc,in the future will you be making a normal gfx pack,and bye that I mean a gfx pack that has every graphic you have ever made in it.
Open the door,get on the floor,everybody do the DINOSAUR!
ImageImage
I support...
Irc chat messages of glory.
[20:49] <RedPanda> WHO WANNA PLAY GARRYS MOD M8S!??!
[20:49] <kinoko> I can play MK8
[20:49] <RedPanda> You win
[20:50] <RedPanda> Gotta put that line in my signature

[15:00] <Xtremegamer51> Captain R U Redy 4 Freddeh?
[15:00] <CaptainAmerica> Xtremegamer51 Thanks but I'm not gay.
[15:01] <CaptainAmerica> I don't want to be with Freddy.
I go by the name,RedPanda,and Xtremegamer51 on the IRC chat room. C:

FutureNyanCat2014
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby FutureNyanCat2014 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:24 am

I really love this graphics pack, Sednaiur. GREAT JOB! I'm downloading it, it looks interesting to use in a SMB2 remake. (think Return to Subcon)
ImageImageImageImage
Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/
"F*ck you Einstein! Let's make a level with water + lava!" ~FutureNyanCat2014, 05/05/14
FutureNyanCat2002: Big Fan of Valtteri Since 2013

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: learning C through PSP game programming

Postby Axiom » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:51 am

Oh my god
10/10 would bang. Totally using these when I get back into level designing <3_<3. I'm especially loving that first screenshot.
what am I??? doing

- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses Unity Remake
- Florida Van Man YouTube Channel, where I DIY repair Sprinter vans.
- 3 small games in development

FutureNyanCat2014
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby FutureNyanCat2014 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 am

moemoe02 wrote:WHOA! It looks like I see new content that's most likely based on NPCs now! Like, you made winged shy-guys, even giant ones, one with a scary face yelling boo, Birdo with grass hair, meaner Wart, those birds riding carpets, giant sparks, that bird that drops bombs, bombs that you can stomp on and loses it's feet a lot like the SMB3 one, Snifit Statues, that snake that's probably like that SMB3 rainbow pipe with a blue Pirannah Plant, small vases that you can break like Yoshi eggs, character blocks, new Hawk Exit Face, a brick kind of pillar with a pink top, the fairy that can be seen in the SMB2 ending that possibly replaces that Zelda fairy, It's all the bomb and I will be using these for future levels! :D
The birds riding carpets are called Pidgits. The snake is referred to as a Cobrat. The bird that drops bombs are called Albatoss, and the fairies are called Subcon, and the brick kind of pillar with a pink top is (maybe) a Mushroom Block.
ImageImageImageImage
Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/
"F*ck you Einstein! Let's make a level with water + lava!" ~FutureNyanCat2014, 05/05/14
FutureNyanCat2002: Big Fan of Valtteri Since 2013

Jackoy123
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Super mario and the 12 Stars

Postby Jackoy123 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Thanks finnaly i got one :) (sorry but nothing to say)
CURRENT PROJECT
None
Banjo kazooie
BLUE! MY FAVORITE COLOR
Bad english = i'm brazillian

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets v4.0 - Worldmap-Expansion

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:20 pm

I have finaly made done the Worldmap-GFX for this GFX-Pack. Now one can make a full Worldmap for SMB2 or "Doki Doki Mario".
I also have made some additional NPCs like the giant SMB2-styled Exit Star (replaces SMB3-Star), the Phanto and giant Phanto (replaces the SMW-Boos) or the grimmy Phanto-Face that shoots outlined Phantos(replaces the SM-Rinka Shooter). Thanks for "FanofSMBX" for some Suggestions :-)
Just check out the Toppost for the Details.
Murphmario wrote:This is great, now you just need Smb2 Mario and Luigi with all suits. Sorry if this is too much.
I think i am not good enough with Playables (or i just don't like to mess around with them).
moemoe02 wrote:WHOA! It looks like I see new content that's most likely based on NPCs now! Like, you made winged shy-guys, even giant ones, one with a scary face yelling boo, Birdo with grass hair, meaner Wart, those birds riding carpets, giant sparks, that bird that drops bombs, bombs that you can stomp on and loses it's feet a lot like the SMB3 one, Snifit Statues, that snake that's probably like that SMB3 rainbow pipe with a blue Pirannah Plant, small vases that you can break like Yoshi eggs, character blocks, new Hawk Exit Face, a brick kind of pillar with a pink top, the fairy that can be seen in the SMB2 ending that possibly replaces that Zelda fairy, It's all the bomb and I will be using these for future levels! :D
Thank you a lot :-D. I just have added some more NPCs to the availiable List :-P. I hope that it will be helpful for you.
xtremegamer51 wrote:This is some cool stuff,I think the giant scary shy guy saying boo is my favorite,perhaps you can make a small version of it?
Just want to know,while you do make graphics packs like this smb2 one,the giant gfx and etc,in the future will you be making a normal gfx pack,and bye that I mean a gfx pack that has every graphic you have ever made in it.
Thank you :-). I guess a small one would make not much Sense, as the giant one replaces the Blaarg. It basically comes out of the Floor while saying "BOO" xD. A small one would not hit you that good.
FutureNyanCat2014 wrote:I really love this graphics pack, Sednaiur. GREAT JOB! I'm downloading it, it looks interesting to use in a SMB2 remake. (think Return to Subcon)
Great thanks to you ^^. I really hope, this will be the Case. With the Addition of the Worldmap-Tiles, there probably should be the Possibility of at least an fully SMB2-styled Episode :-)
Luigifan2010 wrote:Oh my god
10/10 would bang. Totally using these when I get back into level designing <3_<3. I'm especially loving that first screenshot.
Thank you very much ^^. I guess i also like to make a SMB2-styled Episode for once (this GFX-Pack should be an Proof of that :-P)
FutureNyanCat2014 wrote:
The birds riding carpets are called Pidgits. The snake is referred to as a Cobrat. The bird that drops bombs are called Albatoss, and the fairies are called Subcon, and the brick kind of pillar with a pink top is (maybe) a Mushroom Block.
Almost everything is right, only the last one (Brick kind of Pillar) isn't a Mushroom Block, but Part of the Birdface-BG, where you can put the Checkpoint-Orb or an Activation-Orb.
Jackoy123 wrote:Thanks finnaly i got one :) (sorry but nothing to say)
I don't really know what you mean, but thank you anyways :-)

愛している、ビアンカ!

moemoe02
Rex
Rex

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets v4.0 - Worldmap-Content

Postby moemoe02 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:49 pm

OH MY GOD! First, I see graphics based on tilesets, then NPCs, And now you surprise me with graphics based on world maps! Such as the Grassland, Underground which looks like a mountain/jungle world, Snow, Clouds, Temples as either scenery or level icons I belive, Dessert and castle which you made based on the castle! Again, I cannot belive how you make updates to this GFX pack, I always have to congratualate you! All of this GFX looks really amazing and I think I might make a test world map out of this GFX pack. :shock:
PLEASE READ THIS:

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets v4.0 - Worldmap-Content

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:27 pm

These are amazing, as with all your work. I really hope those world graphics get used by a lot of people, they look really nice, and they would actually work out for a SMB2-styled episode.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Return to “Graphics”