[Space/Abstract] Momentum Mori

Forum for submissions to the Official™ SLAM Collab project!
User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

[Space/Abstract] Momentum Mori

Postby 8lue Storm » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 pm

This level is all about dying. Sometimes you might need to avoid it, while in other instances it's essential.

Difficulty is Medium to Hard (?)
There is 1 exit.
There are no Dragon Coins.
The player will always be forced to small state.
There is a credits file inside the level folder.

Screenshot:
Spoiler: show
Image
DL: Not as confident in this one as I am in The Storage Room tbh. Let's see whaddya think.
my stuff is rather ok
event tokens
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image World Map Contest 2020

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6371
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Contact:

Re: [Space/Abstract] Momentum Mori

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:25 pm

This would have been perfect for the Nova contest, but looks interesting. I might test it out later when I can if I can.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image

Image

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9114
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: [Space/Abstract] Momentum Mori

Postby Enjl » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:41 am

have you played the level without any popup coins and tested how it plays compared to when there are popup coins?
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Re: [Space/Abstract] Momentum Mori

Postby 8lue Storm » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:41 am
have you played the level without any popup coins and tested how it plays compared to when there are popup coins?
Wouldn't it be impossible without them? I don't think I get your point.
my stuff is rather ok
event tokens
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image World Map Contest 2020

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9114
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: [Space/Abstract] Momentum Mori

Postby Enjl » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 am

8lue Storm wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:23 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:41 am
have you played the level without any popup coins and tested how it plays compared to when there are popup coins?
Wouldn't it be impossible without them? I don't think I get your point.
I mean if all the death-requiring popup items were naturally replaced by their regular counterparts. So that you don't have to replay the same section a bunch to make a blip of progress.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Re: [Space/Abstract] Momentum Mori

Postby 8lue Storm » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Enjl wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 am
I mean if all the death-requiring popup items were naturally replaced by their regular counterparts. So that you don't have to replay the same section a bunch to make a blip of progress.
I'd say that would break the whole idea of the level (dying in order to make progress with the popup coins), no?
my stuff is rather ok
event tokens
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image World Map Contest 2020

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9114
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: [Space/Abstract] Momentum Mori

Postby Enjl » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:53 pm

8lue Storm wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:20 pm
Enjl wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 am
I mean if all the death-requiring popup items were naturally replaced by their regular counterparts. So that you don't have to replay the same section a bunch to make a blip of progress.
I'd say that would break the whole idea of the level (dying in order to make progress with the popup coins), no?
Well, but have you tried to see how much fun it is compared to having the gimmick?
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC


Return to “SLAM”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest