MrDoubleA's NPC Pack v1.2.1 - Seesaws, custom piranha plants, and one-way walls!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
MrDoubleA
Swooper
Swooper

Re: MrDoubleA's NPC Pack v1.2.1 - Seesaws, custom piranha plants, and one-way walls!

Postby MrDoubleA » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:10 pm

Huh, yeah... to be honest, I pretty much just mimicked the way onCollideBlock does it, but I did it myself since I wanted thrown NPCs to interact with them, too.

Edit: I'll probably fix that in the next update.
Hi. I'm not very active on the forums.
(MrDoubleA#3124 on Discord)

rooms.lua - Quick respawn & Celeste-styled rooms
simpleLayerMovement.lua - For all your custom layer movement needs!
MrDoubleA's NPC Pack
Are you a mouse?
I support: show

Novarender
Bit
Bit
Flair: Whoa
Current Project: MMX - Mario Maker X, patent pending
Chat Username: Novarender

Re: MrDoubleA's NPC Pack v1.2.1 - Seesaws, custom piranha plants, and one-way walls!

Postby Novarender » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:59 pm

What does the T-Balloon do?
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Hagrid: "You're a wizard, Harry!"
Harry: "You're a hairy wizard!"

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal bodeboop.

FYRENOVA IS A FAKE!

DisasterMaster
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby DisasterMaster » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:53 pm

I hate to say it because they've had such a long run, but it's time to move the old piranha plants to depreciated and make MDA's piranha plants the new official baseline ones. These have an amazing amount of customization options and can truly make each individual usage of a certain plant have a different feel.

CJ_RLushi
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Intention is what matters
Current Project: Another Super Mario Bros. 3 Remake [SMBX2]

Postby CJ_RLushi » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:01 pm

If you look at SMBX2's Progress sheet, you'll notice that those same plants that are in this pack, are reserved there, since, in fact, those plants are reserved to get basegame, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get basegame really
My episode lol:

MrDoubleA
Swooper
Swooper

Postby MrDoubleA » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:47 am

Novarender wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:59 pm
What does the T-Balloon do?
It's simply a faster version of the P-Balloon.

MrDoubleA's NPC Pack
Are you a mouse?

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:16 am

DisasterMaster wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:53 pm
I hate to say it because they've had such a long run, but it's time to move the old piranha plants to depreciated and make MDA's piranha plants the new official baseline ones. These have an amazing amount of customization options and can truly make each individual usage of a certain plant have a different feel.
I'm hesitant to merge this into SMBX2 before it's clear that all interactions on the checklist have been tested for all of those npcs. This is basically the guideline for when someone wants to have a shot at their stuff becoming basegame.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

SpoonyBardOL
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby SpoonyBardOL » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 am

Ok first of all, the latest update is amazing. The seesaws themselves are impressive, but the fact that they can be made into actual functional semisolid slopes is just fantastic. But I have observed a couple things (apologies if you're already aware):

It seems sometimes if I hop into an angled seesaw I'll pass through it instead of landing on it, though it's hard to replicate:
Spoiler: show
I have also rarely encountered an issue with the above setup where I approach the seesaw from the left on the ground and Mario will just be teleported up on top of it, but that was impossible to replicate intentionally and it only happened once or twice.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm

SpoonyBardOL wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 am
Ok first of all, the latest update is amazing. The seesaws themselves are impressive, but the fact that they can be made into actual functional semisolid slopes is just fantastic. But I have observed a couple things (apologies if you're already aware):

It seems sometimes if I hop into an angled seesaw I'll pass through it instead of landing on it, though it's hard to replicate:
I have also rarely encountered an issue with the above setup where I approach the seesaw from the left on the ground and Mario will just be teleported up on top of it, but that was impossible to replicate intentionally and it only happened once or twice.
The fact that the seesaws are semi-solid slopes means that they suffer from the same issues and bugs as semi-solid slopes. Unfortunately Redigit clearly has never programmed the game with the intention of 'semi-solid' and 'slope' being used simultaneously on one thing.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

CJ_RLushi
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Intention is what matters
Current Project: Another Super Mario Bros. 3 Remake [SMBX2]

Postby CJ_RLushi » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:07 pm

MDA did his/her best attempt at fixing Redigit's jank, It was really not possible to fully fix it, though we're gonna get a fix for that in full version I guess
My episode lol:

Novarender
Bit
Bit
Flair: Whoa
Current Project: MMX - Mario Maker X, patent pending
Chat Username: Novarender

Postby Novarender » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:26 pm

MDA, suggestion: Recreate the SMM2 p-balloon

Perhaps as another 'letter' balloon
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Hagrid: "You're a wizard, Harry!"
Harry: "You're a hairy wizard!"

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal bodeboop.

FYRENOVA IS A FAKE!

DisasterMaster
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby DisasterMaster » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:16 am
DisasterMaster wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:53 pm
I'm hesitant to merge this into SMBX2 before it's clear that all interactions on the checklist have been tested for all of those npcs. This is basically the guideline for when someone wants to have a shot at their stuff becoming basegame.
I completely understand that they have to go through a battery of tests first. I never meant to sound like a hotfix should be released today retiring the old ones. As CJ_RLushi mentioned above, I too saw that they were on the Claims Sheet a while back and figured that MDA put in some good work and these should get put in (after prudent testing). Playing around with them the other day, I can safely say they interact properly with fireballs, iceballs, and hammers.

The slightly related question is, would it be easy to manipulate the coding for the piranha plants to create the SMB2 (level 4-2) "Whale Spittle / Blowhole Water"? They both rise up at intervals and stay up for a certain period of time before disappearing/retracting.

SpoonyBardOL
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby SpoonyBardOL » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:47 am

I certainly wasn't trying to be critical, MDA has done a phenomenal job here, just wanted to make sure he was aware of a potential issue. I'm not familiar with any previous attempts at making semi solid slopes and their associated bugs, so if this jank is already well-known and unavoidable then disregard. :)

MrDoubleA
Swooper
Swooper

Postby MrDoubleA » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:54 am

Novarender wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:26 pm
MDA, suggestion: Recreate the SMM2 p-balloon

Perhaps as another 'letter' balloon
I have actually made that with anotherpowerup.lua, but they're kinda... trapped in purgatory at the moment.
SpoonyBardOL wrote: I certainly wasn't trying to be critical, MDA has done a phenomenal job here, just wanted to make sure he was aware of a potential issue. I'm not familiar with any previous attempts at making semi solid slopes and their associated bugs, so if this jank is already well-known and unavoidable then disregard. :)
You could probably find a way to fix that... but to be honest, I'm sick of fixing semisolid slopes. Also, the seesaw_ai.lua file doubles as a patch to fix all emisolid slopes a bit.

MrDoubleA's NPC Pack
Are you a mouse?

TheGameyFireBro105
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Good at remakes
Chat Username: GameyFireBro

Re: MrDoubleA's NPC Pack v1.2 - Stackable NPCs, Goal Tapes, Mechakoopas and more!

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:28 pm

MrDoubleA wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:16 pm
While I will say that “big fish update” would be neat, I currently would like to finish up the SMM2 seesaw platforms and new piranha plants I’m currently working on. Thanks for the ideas, though!

Since the plants are finished, can you do my big fish update? There's literally no SMBX2 compatible boss bass out there, and your lua coding is amazing. I would only accept an NPC of your caliber. I know you can do it. I've literally written it down. all you would need to do is code it.

Don't take this as me begging. Take this as me thinking of the entire community, which would be thrilled to see this npc. You're the best lua coder i know, and i want everyone else to know that, too.
TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:15 pm
I just want to see Double's interpretation of the AI.

He could do 4 NPCS with 4 AI Sets

NPCs:
Boss Bass: standard boss bass

Deep Bass: a green Boss Bass that does not follow player, but simply moves forward jumping out when the player is in it's line of sight

Purple Boss Bass/ Cheep chomp: More accurate homing compared to Boss Bass

Porcupuffer: Linked to screen position. Cannot leave screen. You can spin-jump on it.
AI:
Boss Bass: Swims on the surface, jumping out in attempts to eat player. If it is a Deep Bass, it will not turn to home on player. This is to match Super Mario Maker's green cheep cheeps.
'
Big Bertha: NPC swims left and right, and turns. Occasionally spawns baby of itself, that will reenter its mouth, unless the NPC is facing away, where it will disappear over time.

Cheep Chomp: The NPC will wander, until it spots the player, where it will attempt to swim at, and eat it, causing a one-hit KO, just like the regular Boss Bass AI
This is what i am reffering to, in case you forgot. It has been a while, after all.
I love these episodes; Go and support:

Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Postby Idunn » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Why not let MrDoubleA do what he wants?

Also i don’t like the sentence you put into the spoiler, makes other lua coders look like being not as good as him.
Things i support!
ImageImage

TheGameyFireBro105
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Good at remakes
Chat Username: GameyFireBro

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Idunn wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Also i don’t like the sentence you put into the spoiler, makes other lua coders look like being not as good as him.
I wasn't trying to say that. I was actually trying to make the stuff outside the spoiler sound a bit better. you know how it isn't really easy to understand the intent of a comment on the internet.

Anyways, my request was purely due to the fact that (I believe) that 1.14.4 has boss bass, but 2.0 doesn't. I'm always thinking of the community when I make requests.
I love these episodes; Go and support:

UnoffThrower
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Super Retro Bros: The 8 Grand Stars
Chat Username: Unoffer

Postby UnoffThrower » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:06 pm

People could make awesome puzzles with some of these!

skyhighway
Bit
Bit
Flair: hey i guess
Current Project: secret project; will reveal soon
Chat Username: FyreNova

Postby skyhighway » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:44 am

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:06 pm
Idunn wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:49 pm

I wasn't trying to say that. I was actually trying to make the stuff outside the spoiler sound a bit better. you know how it isn't really easy to understand the intent of a comment on the internet.

Anyways, my request was purely due to the fact that (I believe) that 1.14.4 has boss bass, but 2.0 doesn't. I'm always thinking of the community when I make requests.
Gonna be honest here, it really looks like you were just trying to simp to get a boss you want, instead of learning how to code haha coder gang and doing it yourself, and then adding another sentence about "the good of the community" at the end to try to not make it look like, well, a blatant, unwarranted, and frankly rather rude request.
I do not care about who you believe in.
and now for the shitposting: show
Quill wrote:Bowser was laughing because he had an AK-47 and Luigi didn't.
Knux wrote: I imagine that the theme for hell is just smb3 sky over and over again

JamesR624
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Chat Username: JamesR624

Postby JamesR624 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Seems there is a MAJOR error with the seesaws, making them throw an error when loading the game or level. It then continues loading the level as normal but any customizations to the seesaw's options are not read or used. They default to a certain length with the pivot on one end. Their physics seem to work as expected though.

The error seems to be in seesaw_ai.lua at line 365

Error: attempt to call field 'getIdxFromCoords' (a nil value)

The line referenced in seesaw_ai.lua as of currently is:

Code: Select all

v.section = Section.getIdxFromCoords(v) or v.section -- Change section, if necessary
I am aware of the comment but I am not sure what I'd need to change.

The full error says:
==> worlds/myepisode/seesaw_ai.lua:365: attempt to call field
'getIdxFromCoords' (a nil value)
=============
stack traceback:
scripts/base/game/npcEventManager.lua:154: in function 'event'
scripts/base/game/npcEventManager.lua:176: in function <scripts/base/game/npcEventManager.lua:176>
scripts/base/engine/main_events.lua:58: in function 'callApiListeners'
scripts/base/engine/main_events.lua:176: in function 'callEventInternal'
scripts/base/engine/main_events.lua:232: in function <scripts/base/engine/main_events.lua:210>
[C]: in function '__xpcall'
main.lua:767: in function <main.lua:766>

MrDoubleA
Swooper
Swooper

Postby MrDoubleA » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:50 am

It would seem you're using an outdated version of SMBX2, as that function was added in one of the patches.

MrDoubleA's NPC Pack
Are you a mouse?

Return to “LunaLua”